Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No one knows if it even comes out in July anymore...

• Loki 5 is July 7th, but releasing it here might overshadow Black Widow
  • Black Widow is out July 9th, but similarly risks overshadowing Black Widow
  • Loki ends July 14th so could hint towards Spider-man NWH or Doctor Strange 2
  • Sony's new movie comes out July 16th, so I'd lean to it being around here

If none of those are when it drops then Shang Chi could be our best bet on September 3rd, or they drop it in August when nothing else is really happening to distract from Spider-man hype - and we'll be having 'What If' episodes that may explore multiverse concepts.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is literally the weirdest Marvel wave Lego's ever made, if not the weirdest wave period. It's just so random yet so incredible.

I think the only downside will be IF we get the other Spider-men, they don't get the same level of detail shown on the Black/Gold Spider-man, would be annoying if they lack arm printing. I do feel a bit frustrated that the Red/Black suit and the newer suit lack arm printing while the Black/Gold version gets arm printing. Would have been nice to have fully printed Spider-men.

This is the 3rd minifigure of Dr. Strange and yet he changed his hairstyle again for the 3rd time. Gotta love those printed grey highlights on all of his hair pieces.

Is anyone else amazed by the quality of the minifigures we got in this wave? No one's asked, but I'll analyse it:

TOTAL: 9

REPEATS (IN THIS WAVE): 0

EXCLUSIVE (TO JUST 1 SET): 8

LEG PRINTS: 7

ARM PRINTS: 1

DUAL-MOULDED LEGS: 2

NEW MOULDS: 1

NEW PRINTS: 20 (if MJ's torso is a reuse then 19)

Every minifigs are just excellent!!!
Also, it's the third different hairpiece used for Doctor Strange and I think I prefer the last one tbh (still really good to have)

That's unexpected! Three new Spidey figs! LEGO gave us the Ditko suit finally, even if the No way home suit is different. Great!

Mysterio and Vulture got good updates too! Although I don't remember anything gold on Homecoming...

And a moulded cape for Strange? Nice! Wong minifig is a bit "strange" though (ba dum tss)...

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

No not at all...actually I think actually does the opposite. Why only release one set inspired by the movie? There are a lot of spoilers marvel doesn’t want covered 

Exactly, I suppose a wave 2 will come, since this is the most secretive wave of Spider-man sets I've seen.

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is anyone else amazed by the quality of the minifigures we got in this wave? No one's asked, but I'll analyse it:

TOTAL: 9

REPEATS (IN THIS WAVE): 0

EXCLUSIVE (TO JUST 1 SET): 8

LEG PRINTS: 7

ARM PRINTS: 1

DUAL-MOULDED LEGS: 2

NEW MOULDS: 1

NEW PRINTS: 20 (if MJ's torso is a reuse then 19)

Vey well analysed.

This has already been my most expensive Marvel year to date, and it it's not letting up.

My full thoughts on those sets:

Mysterio's Drone: Minfigures are incredible. Upgraded Suit already makes it a must-buy for me. Mysterio is awesome. The car is... acceptable. The drone looks like one of those things you out people in in a hospital, awful build. Nevertheless, this will be my 1st 4+ set, just for the minifigs - 8/10

Drone Duel: Yet again, incredible minifigures. I never thought we'd get accurate Vukture ever again, he looks perfect! Spider-Man in terms of quality also is, it's such a random choice tho (why not the Homemade suit...). The drone is so random, unique and ridiculous that I just can't not love it lol. The wings are good, those big "turbines" look really weird tho. Gold webs are great - 8.5/10

Sanctum Sanctorum: Yet yet again, the minifigures remain incredible. Spidey is amazing (pun intended, although I'd take Drone Duel Spidey's arm printing and give it to that one), MJ has an accurate hair (!), Wing is awesome, and Doctor Strange is... wow. Just wow. 4 new prints and on top of that a cape mould? Wow. Plant-tentacle-crab-monster is so weird, I have no idea what it is but I love it lmao. The build is amazing, so unique. I love how it incorporates both mystic and modern elements. I have nothing to complain here, except for maybe adding a few tweaks to the build so it's more complete - 9.5/10

5 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

Vey well analysed.

This has already been my most expensive Marvel year to date, and it it's not letting up.

Fortunately these sets are on the cheaper set and cost less than $100 even if you want to buy all of them

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

My full thoughts on those sets:

Mysterio's Drone: Minfigures are incredible. Upgraded Suit already makes it a must-buy for me. Mysterio is awesome. The car is... acceptable. The drone looks like one of those things you out people in in a hospital, awful build. Nevertheless, this will be my 1st 4+ set, just for the minifigs - 8/10

Drone Duel: Yet again, incredible minifigures. I never thought we'd get accurate Vukture ever again, he looks perfect! Spider-Man in terms of quality also is, it's such a random choice tho (why not the Homemade suit...). The drone is so random, unique and ridiculous that I just can't not love it lol. The wings are good, those big "turbines" look really weird tho. Gold webs are great - 8.5/10

Sanctum Sanctorum: Yet yet again, the minifigures remain incredible. Spidey is amazing (pun intended, although I'd take Drone Duel Spidey's arm printing and give it to that one), MJ has an accurate hair (!), Wing is awesome, and Doctor Strange is... wow. Just wow. 4 new prints and on top of that a cape mould? Wow. Plant-tentacle-crab-monster is so weird, I have no idea what it is but I love it lmao. The build is amazing, so unique. I love how it incorporates both mystic and modern elements. I have nothing to complain here, except for maybe adding a few tweaks to the build so it's more complete - 9.5/10

Get out of my head sir.
Exactly the same for me, it's even the first 4+ set I'll buy too xD

Does that Dr strange set has a new piece for an hourglass?

i think lego finally uses this theme for giving us minifigures, and guess what Lego, we’ll bite! Give us those sets!

55 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

That Mark 41 color scheme Spiderman suits makes me wonder where the hell it came from? From the game? Conceptual art? 

45 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

also in Twitter, the new black and red with Iron Spider infused design was shown already in the Far From Home book. It was a conceptual art made by Ryan Meinderding 3 years ago.

Ah very interesting. It reminds me of the Uptown Pride suit from the Miles Morales videogame.

49 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Based on the set, it looks like Peter is going to be hiding out in Docror Strange's basement which is hilarious and awesome.

Basement! Of course! :facepalm: I kept trying to figure out whether they were turning the Sanctum into a workshop to explain it to the citizens in the movie for some reason :grin:

The fact that these sets each have a different Spider-Man, but none of them have Toby or Andrew's suits, doesn't surprise me in the least.

Spoiler

My fondness for the 90s cartoon has me hoping the storyline will follow a variation of that Madame Web story arc. That could include six different Spider-Man variants (including Tom), and set up The Beyonder as a major force in the MCU. I see all kinds of story potential. Also a bunch of characters I want as figs. (I just imagined Tobey as six-armed Spidey!)

The sets are an array of goodies, and I will likely get 76185 Spider-Man at the Sanctum Workshop.

Edited by gedren_y
grammar

6 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

At least we get one set for NO WAY HOME this year! woohoo

AHHH I want the other sets this year as well haha

I wonder if this new mould is the "Doctor Strange Cape" included with the Marvel CMF Spidey or If it will have a regular fabric piece

Edited by Brick Cucumber

My opinions:

The Sanctum set is cool, although Wong looks like a punk teen aha! Thankfully I have Bricktober Wong so don't mind.

The Vulture set is pretty good, in particular the Vulture's design.   However, it would be better if the random drone was removed because it needlessly jacks up the price.

Can't wait for the true "No Way Home" sets :)

13 minutes ago, Borex said:

Does that Dr strange set has a new piece for an hourglass?

i think lego finally uses this theme for giving us minifigures, and guess what Lego, we’ll bite! Give us those sets!

yes I just saw that! looks cool!

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

AHHH I want the other sets this year as well haha

maybe the other sets will come out in JAN 2022  or March 2022

4 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The fact that these sets each have a different Spider-Man, but none of them have Toby or Andrew's suits, doesn't surprise me in the least.

Hide contents

My fondness for the 90s cartoon has me hoping the storyline will follow a variation of that Madame Web story arc. That could include six different Spider-Man variants (including Tom), and set up The Beyonder as a major force in the MCU. I see all kinds of story potential. Also a bunch of characters I want as figs. (I just imagined Tobey as six-armed Spidey!)

The sets are an array of goodies, and I will likely get 76185 Spider-Man at the Sanctum Workshop.

Nah, there's no Beyonder, and there's only 3 Spider-Men.

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

yes I just saw that! looks cool!

maybe the other sets will come out in JAN 2022  or March 2022

January does seem a bit too soon, seeing as it's just 2 weeks after the movie releases. 

4 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

My opinions:

The Sanctum set is cool, although Wong looks like a punk teen aha! Thankfully I have Bricktober Wong so don't mind.

The Vulture set is pretty good, in particular the Vulture's design.   However, it would be better if the random drone was removed because it needlessly jacks up the price.

Can't wait for the true "No Way Home" sets :)

Same!
Also how is it jacking up the price, it's a 20€ set mate xD without the drone, it becomes a minifig pack lol

Edited by TobyAis

That black-golden spider-man looks like a spidey with a wakandan suit or something, maybe people can use the arms and legs (although there is some webbing pattern on it) for a more detailed Erik Killmonger?

Just now, TobyAis said:

Same!
Also how is it jacking up the price, it's a 20€ set mate xD

That's like saying "I like that set, although I'd like them to remove the build and sell the minifigures as the set" :laugh_hard:

Just now, Borex said:

That black-golden spider-man looks like a spidey with a wakandan suit or something, maybe people can use the arms and legs (although there is some webbing pattern on it) for a more detailed Erik Killmonger?

That's actually a fantastic idea! It would really improve his undetailed golden suit which Lego made...

the screen says "who" with Peter parkers face and another window open with a pic of Mysterio. I think this scene takes place a few months after far from home.