Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Leggomyleggo said:

Also, the gold logo saying "inspired by such and such movie"  is interesting since it has the No Way Home logo and box art. Could we see this continue for other movies? For example some Thor Love and Thunder sets where one set will have a logo stating its based on the Thor the Dark World movie. Why not just call it an Infinity Saga set and give it the boxing from the other summer sets?

Hasbro has been doing this with their Endgame line of toys. They would have the Endgame logo but say "inspired by Avengers: Infinity War." I have a feeling (not sure about this) that Vulture and Mysterio are returning in NWH though and the "inspired by" is an attempt to avoid spoilers

Just now, Savage Oppress said:

The new Spider-Man sets confirm that the rumors of Tobey and Andrew being in the movie have been debunked :)

Not necessarily. These sets are clearly to hype up the movie (also giving us some nice remakes) without spoiling the movie. Tobey and Andrew are 99% confirmed to be in the film, but Lego won't put them in sets just yet

10 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Yeah i agree! Lego leakers posted leaks of the show an hour after it came out. (They included spoiler notifications but still. 

also since it comes out on a wednesday, shouldnt it be a friday when we can discuss spoilers? 

I believe it is the following Monday, so gives people about 5 days to see the show. I am just grateful that we get the show in NZ before all the other countries as it means I almost certainly get a chance to see it before others start leaking spoilers. The last two pages prove that it is very easy for a spoiler to break into the general chat because some people are either ignorant/foolish/selfish and start replying without the tags.

I think a hard and fast "Monday following the episode" rule is ideal. Any leaks or discussion about properties not yet released should be banned on this thread. 

I think given the official reveal of sets, a trailer is coming very soon for the movie. If they reveal a lot during the trailers I can honestly see us knowing about a wave 2 before the movie comes out in December

4 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

The new Spider-Man sets confirm that the rumors of Tobey and Andrew being in the movie have been debunked :)

How?

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

I think given the official reveal of sets, a trailer is coming very soon for the movie. If they reveal a lot during the trailers I can honestly see us knowing about a wave 2 before the movie comes out in December

It will most likely come out next Friday.

I like all today's set 'reveals' if they shown these off at Lego it might have been less of a wet squib. ( Which it was ignore the Star wars leak, like even if we'd known nothing at about them it wasn't enough for 1hour 30)

If I get a get duplicate Captain Britain cmf, then I can upgrade the stealth suit with arms and legs ( hoping they're more detailed)

Considering how protective they have been about the movie, the fact that one of the NWH sets is in fact NOT related to NWH at all (and the other one is almost completely devoid of spoilers) definitely means they did not want LEGO spoiling this movie.

8 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

1. They don't. 

2. Marvel obviously didn't reveal anything to toy companies.

3. Tobey and Andrew are already confirmed by multiple credible sources. Variety confirmed it themselves, there is no more reliable news website than Variety (and others like Hollywood Reporter or Deadline).

Y'all deniers are unbelievable...

That Mark 41 color scheme Spiderman suits makes me wonder where the hell it came from? From the game? Conceptual art? 

1 minute ago, doclord said:

Considering how protective they have been about the movie, the fact that one of the NWH sets is in fact NOT related to NWH at all (and the other one is almost completely devoid of spoilers) definitely means they did not want LEGO spoiling this movie.

I mean the fact that they have 3 NWH sets (on the boxes), yet only one of them is based on NWH pretty much confirms how secretive Sony tries to be (even though the whole plot already leaked :laugh_hard:).

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's literally 50 minutes.

Actor playing the "guy with the hammer" already officially acknowledged his role by posting BTS pics.

I don't see your point. 50 minutes is a lot of time out of the day for those of us that work and have young kids.

Don't follow other media, so your second comment is also redundancy. I guess I can see why it is easy for someone without other responsibilities to assume that everyone has time to drop everything in life when an episode comes out, but that is not the way the world works when you grow up.

This probably wouldn't even have been a point of discussion if people that have time to follow others on sm had the extra three seconds available to use spoiler tags.

3 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

The Loki show is not relevant to discuss HERE at all. We are not getting sets based off the show. We are getting two minifigures as part of a CMF series. That’s it. 

This is not the place to discuss the show itself and spoilers from it. This is a Lego discussion thread, one that specifically gets highly agitated when members start casually whipping out seconds old spoilers. 

I can’t remember how many times I’ve had to address this. I won’t be addressing it anymore. 

Post spoilers and you’re out. Be respectful of your fellow members everyone. 

Thanks. 

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

That Mark 41 color scheme Spiderman suits makes me wonder where the hell it came from? From the game? Conceptual art? 

I hope it's a suit from the movie because it looks AMAZING

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1. They don't. 

2. Marvel obviously didn't reveal anything to toy companies.

3. Tobey and Andrew are already confirmed by multiple credible sources. Variety confirmed it themselves, there is no more reliable news website than Variety (and others like Hollywood Reporter or Deadline).

Y'all deniers are unbelievable...

On the one hand, I'd like it to be surprise but it's too late really anyway.

On the other hand, in a recent interview Lego designers said they might of included Luke in the light cruiser but they didn't because they weren't told. Just like they wouldn't be in the loop on this.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

There is a gold and black suit in Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, but they don't look very much alike...

I think Lego just decided "hell, let's make a weird random suit, any ideas?" Someone yelled "BLACK AND GOLD", and Lego was like "hell yeah, let's do that!"

13 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

No not at all...actually I think actually does the opposite. Why only release one set inspired by the movie? There are a lot of spoilers marvel doesn’t want covered 

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

On the one hand, I'd like it to be surprise but it's too late really anyway.

On the other hand, in a recent interview Lego designers said they might of included Luke in the light cruiser but they didn't because they weren't told. Just like they wouldn't be in the loop on this.

Yeah, same thing happened with Endgame. They also didn't get anything - only they had to make 5 sets out of nothing instead of just one...

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

It's not.

Wow the new Spidey figures are incredible!! The No Way Home build is excellent, the rest of the builds are terrible. THAT DOCTOR STRANGE CAPE I love it!!! The 4+ set has excellent figures, we finally get the ditko suit with dual molding and leg printing and a fixed Mysterio, the Homecoming set is bizarre but the new Vulture looks great, the wings are even more ridiculous than the last though. The black and gold Spidey looks awesome though. The real highlight is the No Way Home set, not only is the new Doctor Strange incredible, we get an excellent new Wong and the new Iron-Spider-esque suit looks amazing! Based on the set, it looks like Peter is going to be hiding out in Docror Strange's basement which is hilarious and awesome. The builds of this set are amazing. This set easily skyrocketed to the top of my most wanted LEGO Marvel set for 2021! The figures and build if it are amazing, the monster(multiverse creature?) Is really cool, the whole playset looks amazing with lots of detail.

Edited by ToaDraco

11 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

It will most likely come out next Friday.

If it comes out next week, it will be before Friday - they'll want to play it before Black Widow. 

But no one knows anymore. DanielRPK (who's ALWAYS on track with trailer release dates) hasn't even heard a word. No one knows if it even comes out in July anymore...

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If it comes out next week, it will be before Friday - they'll want to play it before Black Widow. 

But no one knows anymore. DanielRPK (who's ALWAYS on track with trailer release dates) hasn't even heard a word. No one knows if it even comes out in July anymore...

Black Widow is out next Friday, so it will probably be attached to that.

This is literally the weirdest Marvel wave Lego's ever made, if not the weirdest wave period. It's just so random yet so incredible.

Just now, Hulk_Smash said:

Black Widow is out next Friday, so it will probably be attached to that.

Still, it's just a theory.

Using the same logic they'd want to attach it to F9, which is the biggest movie since... Spider-Man: Far From Home, which released 2 years ago. But nope.

5 minutes ago, hvader said:

Yeah maybe a one off suit that’s gonna be destroyed by the villain.

also in Twitter, the new black and red with Iron Spider infused design was shown already in the Far From Home book. It was a conceptual art made by Ryan Meinderding 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is literally the weirdest Marvel wave Lego's ever made, if not the weirdest wave period. It's just so random yet so incredible.

This is exactly my thoughts. It's so weird but I love it so much

Oh man all 3 of these Spidey sets are great. 

New Sanctum set to add to my Doctor Strange collection, a Doctor Strange minifigure with a robe design I actually think looks okay (although I still desperately just want a comic one), new wong always good!

Getting a black/red Spidey suit finally is great since it's my favourite colour scheme for him, not really a fan of the big gold spider emblem on the NWH suit but that's not Lego's fault.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Still, it's just a theory.

Using the same logic they'd want to attach it to F9, which is the biggest movie since... Spider-Man: Far From Home, which released 2 years ago. But nope.

Makes more sense to put it before another Marvel film