Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I gotta say the monster in the sanctum set is very, scorpion looking. I know it's just described as a generic monster, but could it be the mcu version of scorpion?

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS GOING ON!!!

WHAT IS THIS *oh2* A set inspired by FFH, a set inspired by Homecoming, and a NWH set? TAKE MY MONEY!

I also just noticed the "inspired by" tag on the Vulture set. Still, I feel absolutely spoiled with three awesome new Spider-Man minifigures in three cheap sets. Vulture and Mysterio are definitely improvements on the past figures, and I was actually planning to MOD Vulture's helmet like that but never got around to it. I just can't get over the incredible detail on the Spidey figures considering these are regular sets! I'm definitely expecting more NWH sets in March though, and on a side note I LOVE the new cape mold for Strange. 

New sets reveal day! Fat Thor home is great diorama and quite accurate to the scene, but Korg definitely needed leg print here.

Hydra stomper is pretty meh to me, another version of Hulkbuster but in green. Steve needed mid legs here since he was small prior to taking super soldier serum. Peggy's suit  looks way darker than all promos show.

Spiderman sets are kinda lit! New more accurate Mysterio and Vulture are a welcome addition here. Though I don't get why we get black and gold Spidey in Homecoming set( would have been perfect set for homemade suit).

No way Home set is clearly hiding spoilers so no villains here like Doc Ock or Electro or other 2 live action Spidermen. But all figures look awesome here. Doctor Strange has plastic cape piece instead of cloth , interesting choice. Wongs face looks a bit younger than Bricktober Wong for some reason. Clearly there has to be more spoilers sets coming after movies release in January.

Edited by benderisgreat

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HELL IS GOING ON!!!

WHAT IS THIS *oh2* A set inspired by FFH, a set inspired by Homecoming, and a NWH set? TAKE MY MONEY!

Bro that Vulture remake is so good OMG

When is wave 2 for NWH coming? Because we know a wave 2 must come

I love how it's exactly 3 months until the release date, I swear I was about to write that fact on that forum and I see "NWH SETS! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!" and I totally freak out :laugh_hard:

Wow, so Marvel really didn't reveal anything Multiverse to the toy companies... the only NWH villain we have is... a weird tentacle plant crab or whatever?

This MUST mean we'll be getting a 2nd wave... Tobey, Andrew, Sinister Six... we'll have to wait a little bit longer it seems...

2 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

The gold spider-emblem suit looks to be the iron spider mk.2. The logo is the same design. 

It's pretty much the Iron Spider logo on the black suit, black suit that will be in the 4+ btw

I'm a bit disappointed that the Vulture set doesn't have the Homemade suit but the new one looks dope af!.. and last week I ordered stuff on Bricklink to do this, so ngl, I also would have been a lit' disappointed if the suit actually was is the set xD
51279161484_0d54fa896d_o.png

TLG is on a roll today, first the August sets and now this *oh2* The Homecoming set is a bit weird with the golden web pieces and that vehicle, but other than that, these are impressive! My favourite aspects are the new plastic cape, the various random trinkets (e.g. the hourglass), and of course the updated minifigs :wub:

OH. MY. GOD.

These sets are absolutely fantastic. I love that each set has two or more exclusive minifigures. Even 4+ one!

1) 4+: I won't be getting it probably, but if it'll have a good price on sale I might pick it up, because I LOVE new Mysterio (it's new, right? If not, doesn't matter, I don't have it yet anyway) and Homecoming suit is something I wanted for a year!

2) Drone: Not something I expected, but it's still great! New Vulture is fantastic, his wings are looking great and pretty accurate to the movie and Spidey's suit is blowing my mind! Even though it says it's based on Homecoming, do you guys think it could appear in NWH? (Also Golden web! Damn, can't wait to make some photos with this set!)

3) Sanctorum: This set is absolute surprise for me. I mean, we knew Doctor Strange will be in the movie, but I didn't expect him to appear in the set, nor his place to BE the set! Glad they even gave him a new cape mold. Wong is cool and I'm glad they included him, especially since I don't have him yet but I'm kind of disappointed that he's in the jacket. But it's still great to have him. Spidey is awesome. And I guess it's something like his IW suit, but red and black? 

The build itself is pretty cute and I love the atmosphere 

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If wave 1 is this good I can’t imagine wave 2 

Is a wave 2 confirmed?

I surprisingly like the drone the most. It just looks complex and awesome

Golden Spidey might be a hint of us getting Golden Minifigs next year?

Watch them reveal the CMF later today :laugh_hard:

Wow, it's literally the last Marvel set of this year to be revealed...

Just now, hvader said:

Is a wave 2 confirmed?

I surprisingly like the drone the most. It just looks complex and awesome

Do you really think they'd miss not only accurate NWH sets, but also a chance for us to get Tobey, Andrew, and a multiverse Sinister Six?

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do you really think they'd miss not only accurate NWH sets, but also a chance for us to get Tobey, Andrew, and a multiverse Sinister Six?

Absolutely not but I'm a little nervous that they'll do something like Endgame where accurate sets come years after the film.

Oh my god.... this is a very very good surprise!!! New vulture and properly colored mysterio, maaan I gotta get those upgraded figures. Dr Strange cape mold is sick. 3 Spidey suits. I LOVE the no way home suit. Great blend of iron spider and regular spiderman suits.

1 minute ago, hvader said:

Absolutely not but I'm a little nervous that they'll do something like Endgame where accurate sets come years after the film.

I think they have learned. That’s why we only have one actual No Way Home set.

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think they have learned. That’s why we only have one actual No Way Home set.

I think it's just me growing impatient to get Tobey, Andrew, and the Sinister Six, but imagine getting the accurate sets for Christmas. Would be the best present ever.

Edited by hvader

Just to be clear, a second NWH wave is not technically confirmed but we can assume there is correct?

Also, the gold logo saying "inspired by such and such movie"  is interesting since it has the No Way Home logo and box art. Could we see this continue for other movies? For example some Thor Love and Thunder sets where one set will have a logo stating its based on the Thor the Dark World movie. Why not just call it an Infinity Saga set and give it the boxing from the other summer sets?

A second wave definitely seems like it will happen. This wave gave us no human villains from No Way Home and we knew very early on that Electro and Doctor Octopus were involved, so they are definitely going to do something with those at minimum at a later stage. This feels like getting all the characters that can out of the way with a singular set. The fact they are willing to give us three Spider-man variants already is a good sign, I'd hope if we get the other Spider-men they'll go all out and give them arm print also, if the gold/black suited version can get it then I'd hope an Andrew/Tobey version can.

If we are very lucky we'll have the ability to get Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Doctor Octopus and possibly other villains for an MCU Sinister Six and if rumours are true then maybe the other two Spider-men also. It has potential to be the best Spider-man wave/waves in a long time.

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

I think it's just me growing impatient to get Tobey, Andrew, and the Sinister Six, but imagine getting the accurate sets for Christmas. Would be the best present ever.

As long as we get accurate versions of Tobey, Andrew and the Sinister Six then I'm fine waiting - but I'd hope we get them by mid-2022 at the latest. Would have been really nice getting them in time for Christmas though, but early 2022 makes the most sense for a second wave - unless we're gonna be surprised by an additional set dropping in December.

1 minute ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Just to be clear, a second NWH wave is not technically confirmed but we can assume there is correct?

Also, the gold logo saying "inspired by such and such movie"  is interesting since it has the No Way Home logo and box art. Could we see this continue for other movies? For example some Thor Love and Thunder sets where one set will have a logo stating its based on the Thor the Dark World movie. Why not just call it an Infinity Saga set and give it the boxing from the other summer sets?

I think Lego might be being a little sneaky. If Mysterio & Vulture appear in NWH, this could be a way of giving us those figures without making it obvious they are from NWH. Also, with multiverse stuff, who is to say that the black/gold Spider-man won't show up in NWH also :p

Edited by Scarilian