Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Miek could have been better but its screen accurate to the movie so whatever. Any ideas on how to give poor miek a body and scissor hands? lol

Just now, Leggomyleggo said:

Miek could have been better but its screen accurate to the movie so whatever. Any ideas on how to give poor miek a body and scissor hands? lol

Nexo knights bots with knife hand.

Just now, Leggomyleggo said:

You can just try making something out of tiny pieces, and maybe something really great will come out of it.

Or just wait for other people to start making builds, most of them are quite on point usually!

I kinda love, kinda hate Thor's belly printed on his pants.. it looks very good for this minifig but I  would have wanted to use the legs with a hoodie to make his look in the rest of the movie and now I can't...

That Miek is so funny! I think building stuff for Miek to ride in, do things with or sit in will be so much fun

44 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nexo knights bots with knife hand.

Thanks! I'll probably use the Axl bot. I think Mieks robot body has some shade of orange to it.

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

You can just try making something out of tiny pieces, and maybe something really great will come out of it.

Or just wait for other people to start making builds, most of them are quite on point usually!

Yeah I'll mess around with it until I'm satisfied. Or until Love and Thunder sets make a body for him lol

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Does anyone remember if the New Asgard set was supposed to be a retailer exclusive?

Yes, pretty sure it's supposed to be.. like the Mandalorian Armoured Forge 

Thor’s House: The New Asgard sign :wub: That’ll look great for anyone making a MOC of the town or the scene with Thor and Rocket on the truck.

Not a fan of the window placement in Thor’s House. Never liked when a widow is placed directly against the edge of the build, it always makes a build look looks unfinished.

Figures are nothing I want. I’d rather wait for the non-casual versions of Korg and Miek.

——————————

Hydra Stomper: seeing Peggy makes me super excited to see Stealth Suit Cap one day :excited: Her torso looks great.

Not a set for me, but figs are great and the build is so vibrant and fun looking.

Yeah, the Hydra-Stomper and New Asgard sets are going to be easy passes for me. The build for New Asgard is very well done but I just don't like the figures, plus I honestly hated this part of the movie. I think I must be the only one who hated bro Thor after we got the unholy beast of a Thor we got in Infiniry War and the beginning of Endgame, he was one of my favorite characters and then he did a complete 180. 

The Hydra-Stomper is nothing special, same basic Hulkbuster-esque build. Red Skull is just the same one we've already had but with Harry Potter legs for the trench coat. Captain Britain looks okay but not enough for me to consider buying the set. 

Opposite perceptions in these sets:

-Thor's house is a great build, good vignette, but the figs are very boring to me. The good news about this set is I see precedent for they reusing Miek and Korg headpices for Love and Thunder, in good battle versions of them.

-Hydra stomper figs are a bit interesting, but that's a bad mech, definitely! Wrong jarring color, bad stickers, like they mash up the bad parts of the Iron Monger and Sakaaran Iron Man ones.

Both are a pass for me.

SPIDER-MAN NO WAY HOME SET! THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!

AND FAR FROM HOME JUNIORS!!!

Edited by Legocity2713

New Asgard is a cool little display set but overpriced to me. $25 would've been better than $30, and I do wish Miek's body was more interesting although I love the other figures. The Hydra Stomper is a trash build, IMO. I know mechs sell but three mechs of the same size releasing on the same day is total overkill, and this is easily the worst. Bad color choice, bad-looking design, and the head doesn't even cover the minifigure inside. Captain Carter in a stealth suit is frickin' awesome, I love the shield print, and I'm just very glad that we're getting two versions of her and not a repeat of the CMF figure. I don't love the face or the hair, but I'm hoping she'll have a double-sided CMF face with her mask on one side. Red Skull is cool and Steve is okay but I do think he looks a little too old (and conversely, I think Peggy's face makes her look too young and not as tough as she is in the trailers). I'll still get the set because I'm a Marvel completionist, but it's not gonna stay built for more than a couple weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

SPIDER-MAN NO WAY HOME SET! THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE!

AND FAR FROM HOME JUNIORS!!!

I AM SO EXCITED, I DIDNT SEE THIS COMING TODAY. SPIDEY'S NEW SUIT THOUGH 😍😍😍

Hmm.  Looks like I'll just pick up that Far From Home set I've been wanting for a while, none of these sets look very interesting.

Edited by icm

Lego, you beautiful maniacs, you actually did it... you spoiled No Way Home before we even saw the trailers :roflmao:

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I AM SO EXCITED, I DIDNT SEE THIS COMING TODAY. SPIDEY'S NEW SUIT THOUGH 😍😍😍

-coughs- you mean his two new suits and the red/black suit? :P

We're definitely gonna get a second wave for the No Way Home sets, at the moment the only villain is some random alien/monster. We're missing Electro & Doctor Octopus along with all the others that were hinted.

Edited by Scarilian

Huh so only the Sanctum is an "actual" No Way Home set, the other two are inspired by Homecoming and Far From Home. All 3 look great!

So the Mysterio set is based on far from home (as expected)

But one of the vulture set is inspired by Homecoming. though pretty loosely with that drone. but maybe the suit is in no way home?

then we have the one actual no way home set, that seems pretty vague, but wow that doctor strange cape is lovely.

I’m thinking the monster in the FFH set is just going to be something generic made up by Lego and not from the movie (like the tentacle portal in the first Doctor Strange set)

Just now, hvader said:

Ok WHAT Vulture and Mysterio are back in NWH????

5 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Huh so only the Sanctum is an "actual" No Way Home set, the other two are inspired by Homecoming and Far From Home. All 3 look great!