Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

33 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Man, I had no idea that it was hard to come by. Makes me happy I snagged mine on day 1 but I feel for ya. I would highly recommend following Wario64 on Twitter. He always announces when big/hard-to-find Lego sets are back in stock on Lego.com. Beware, though, he tends to bombard the notifications on my phone because he does the same treatment for movies, video games, toys, etc.. It gets to be a handful sometimes haha

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm happy that you grabbed one early!

Edited by hvader

42 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

It’s the way you’re approaching it that makes it childish. We can debate and have civil conversations but the way you’re talking is quite laughable and really ridiculous.

Also, I’d love you to give me an example of an MCU character that’s appeared in a movie that we didn’t know about. We always know about a character before they make their appearance in a movie. Heck, even the Endgame and Infinity War plots and endings could be found on the internet before the release of the movies. I’d love to be as naive as you, I think I’d enjoy the Marvel movies a little bit more with the element of surprise lol

I do want to say this: I’d love to be wrong. I’d love to see Wolvie in the MCU sooner than later but it’s not going to happen until there’s a casting announcement. Maybe we’ll see some claw marks on a wall or some mention of a Canadian that fought alongside Cap (if they decide to go with that approach in MCU) but no way we’re seeing a surprise cameo without not knowing it. That’s just how the Internet is these days. If you don’t believe me, Google “Spider-man: No Way Home spoilers”. 

Man, I had no idea that it was hard to come by. Makes me happy I snagged mine on day 1 but I feel for ya. I would highly recommend following Wario64 on Twitter. He always announces when big/hard-to-find Lego sets are back in stock on Lego.com. Beware, though, he tends to bombard the notifications on my phone because he does the same treatment for movies, video games, toys, etc.. It gets to be a handful sometimes haha

Did you know that abomination was gonna be in Shang chi before the trailer? Did you know that Howard the duck was going to be in guardians? Did you know that the watchers were going to be in guardians 2? Falcon in ant man? (That one I’m not sure). How is that childish? I literally just posted a theory and you came in and were like “no you’re wrong because we always know characters before a movie” and that’s a straight up lie. I really would like to know your definition of childish because it looks like according to you it is just proving someone wrong. Childish would be me just coming in and insulting you without any evidence or thought to my argument but that’s not what happened. You started the debate and everyone got mad when I came back at you. I can see where I had some hostility when I said something about whether or not you had followed any marvel movies up until this point and that was uncalled for I’m sorry but what you said about knowing every character before these films is straight up wrong. Good day

edit: also yes I have read the no way home spoilers but the funny thing about those is you can’t prove they are true because the movie isn’t out yet. They aren’t from concrete sources so the leaks shouldn’t be used as real evidence until we actually see the film

Edited by bradreed715

2 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Did you know that abomination was gonna be in Shang chi before the trailer? Did you know that Howard the duck was going to be in guardians? Did you know that the watchers were going to be in guardians 2? Falcon in ant man? (That one I’m not sure). How is that childish? I literally just posted a theory and you came in and were like “no you’re wrong because we always know characters before a movie” and that’s a straight up lie. I really would like to know your definition of childish because it looks like according to you it is just proving someone wrong. Childish would be me just coming in and insulting you without any evidence or thought to my argument but that’s not what happened. You started the debate and everyone got mad when I came back at you. I can see where I had some hostility when I said something about whether or not you had followed any marvel movies up until this point and that was uncalled for I’m sorry but what you said about knowing every character before these films is straight up wrong. Good day

edit: also yes I have read the no way home spoilers but the funny thing about those is you can’t prove they are true because the movie isn’t out yet. They aren’t from concrete sources so the leaks shouldn’t be used as real evidence until we actually see the film

You’re right. I apologize for coming off harsh. Talking through words is a little bit more complicating than having a face-to-face conversation. I’m not trying to come off as a dick here (so I apologize if it sounds that way) but all the characters you’ve given are CGI and just small cameos that won’t be in their own movies (Watchers, Howard the Duck, Abomination). Those types of characters were surprises but not as nearly as significant as a character like Wolverine. I’m just saying when we get a cameo or portrayal of him in a movie, it’s likely this won’t be a big hush, hush secret. Just like Black Knight, Moon Knight, Mz Marvel, She-Hulk, etc. And I think if they try to hide it, the chances are the cat’s gonna get out of the bag (like Ahsoka).

Once again, I sincerely apologize. Wasn’t trying to come off as a dick but clearly I failed miserably. This is a forum to discuss a hobby that we all enjoy and not to argue at petty, stupid stuff. I will stop. Hope you have a good day as well. :classic:

Just came here to say that I think the scarlet witch mould is that way because it allows lego to reuse it for her comic style/halloween costume

Didn't expect all this drama

25 minutes ago, hvader said:

Thanks a lot for the info! I'm happy that you grabbed one early!

No problem, man. Good luck to you! Hope you find one soon!

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Just came here to say that I think the scarlet witch mould is that way because it allows lego to reuse it for her comic style/halloween costume

Didn't expect all this drama

I think the "attention/dissatisfaction" in general terms now is that is missing paint, so part of the crown is in the same color as the hair, contrary to past pieces like the Wonder Woman Hair+Tiara combo where it was painted on all sides...

3 hours ago, Walter529a said:

I think the "attention/dissatisfaction" in general terms now is that is missing paint, so part of the crown is in the same color as the hair, contrary to past pieces like the Wonder Woman Hair+Tiara combo where it was painted on all sides...

Yes. Quite baffling. But it is what it is. And hey... at least you guys have sets

9 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Yes. Quite baffling. But it is what it is. And hey... at least you guys have sets

And if you’re customiser you can paint it better and in different colours as well. I am glad it exists and it is one piece instead of the bootleg ones that are a bit flimsy (and two pieces)

4 hours ago, thephantasm said:

And hey... at least you guys have sets

Us Marvel fans complain about the 5 course meal we‘re getting, while DC fans lie on the floor, crying into their table scraps :laugh_hard:

I’m not saying we’re not allowed to criticise the sets / CMF series, but we should consider how much worse we could have it :devil_laugh: 

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

You’re 100% right. We can absolutely complain about the products but at the end of the day we are getting more and more prominent characters from the Marvel Universe and that’s a win

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I've just ordered Benatar, it should arrive on Thursday. I am so insanely excited :wub_drool:

I’m jealous! Let us know your thoughts!

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I've just ordered Benatar, it should arrive on Thursday. I am so insanely excited :wub_drool:

Congrats! I built it earlier this month and it's by far the best Marvel set ever made imo, the build is simply incredible! :excited:

42 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I’m jealous! Let us know your thoughts!

Oh I will :devil_laugh:

35 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Congrats! I built it earlier this month and it's by far the best Marvel set ever made imo, the build is simply incredible! :excited:

I absolutely agree, this and the Bugle are by far the best Marvel sets ever made (or at least my favourites).

If people want back in stock notifications for the Bugle, I highly recommend Brick Hound. I believe it was created by @YetiZombie and I've found it extremely helpful for keeping track of sets that aren't restocked frequently.

2 hours ago, mgetz said:

I cant wait for the spiderman sets

Me too. If the sets are done well they’re gonna make me so happy and nostalgic at the same time 

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If people want back in stock notifications for the Bugle, I highly recommend Brick Hound. I believe it was created by @YetiZombie and I've found it extremely helpful for keeping track of sets that aren't restocked frequently.

Thanks for the shoutout :classic:. The Discord server has customizable in-stock notifications for all sets on Shop@Home as well as other retailers, so if you'd be interested in that check out https://brickhound.com.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Us Marvel fans complain about the 5 course meal we‘re getting, while DC fans lie on the floor, crying into their table scraps :laugh_hard:

Not really, I just spend more money on comics

But that's off-topic

Edited by thephantasm

20 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Agreed. I bought the set the week it came out and quite frankly the level of detail is outstanding. 

21 minutes ago, hvader said:

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/exclusive-kevin-feige-confirms-that-is-abomination-fighting-wong-in-the-shang-chi-trailer/

Kevin Feige confirmed that it is Abomination fighting Wong in Shang-Chi. We need a third Shang-Chi set right now lol

So it WAS Wong, we already knew about Abomination because of the subtitles but it is indeed Wong.. And now I wonder what the hell Wong is doing in this movie

18 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

So it WAS Wong, we already knew about Abomination because of the subtitles but it is indeed Wong.. And now I wonder what the hell Wong is doing in this movie

Maybe Wong's finally found a job that pays for his tuna melts and ice creams?

I don't mind if Abomination isn't in a Shang-Chi set, because he'll show up later (She-Hulk and/or Thunderbolts sets, hopefully)... and he'll be based on his appearance in Shang-Chi, not how he looked in the Hulk movie, or in (horror of horrors) concept art!

On 6/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, hvader said:

Quick question about the Bugle: is it ever gonna be back in stock? My Lego store is already making a waitlist for it... Makes me regret not getting it on day 1... :cry2:

Looks like it's your lucky day, it's back in stock on Shop@Home as of yesterday.

For those in the US: Zavvi has The Guardians' Ship for $135 and free shipping. For a set that isn't even out in the US yet, that's a fantastic deal.