Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

So one mold, on an otherwise excellent figure, doesn't turn out exactly the way people wanted to and suddenly we're able to deduce that the budget for this CMF is smaller? Alright then *huh*

Damn, man, is almost like people cant be dissapointed on things

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I never said anything about people not being allowed to be disappointed, that's a disgusting mindset to begin with. Obviously people can be disappointed but there's no reason to assume the entire series has a lower budget based on a single disappointing new mold.

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

but once again we're missing a skirt.

The Series 21 Cabaret Dancer leaked without the cloth skirt

Marvin the Martian from the Looney Tunes also leaked without the cloth skirt

I bet she actually comes with the cloth skirt (unless she has it printed on the sides, which we don't know yet)

ok now that I have calmed down after the initial reaction let me be clear.

The figure looks great! who could complain about the printing on the legs and torso! And dual moulded arms!!!!! when last did we get flesh color in dual moulded arms!

The head looks great and I know some people don't get the smirk face but I said it a few pages back that the face was made for this figure. even the eyebrows match the hair.

The hair piece? im sorry. Its bad, even to lego standards. This comes in a cmf series but im getting MEGABLOCKS, DUPLO and PLUS 4 set vibes here. Who knows, maybe the crown does get printing and this factory worker snapped this pic before that happened. Im holding thumbs for that.

If it doesn't because they can't or won't...urgh that's sad. Star-Lord's breathing apparatus on his helmet had printing. Proxima Midnights hair and horn combo (same as scarlet witch now) is a single molded piece but Proxima's horns printing or painting starts from the edge so It looks like they come from her head.

That thick nougat color all along her head looks unprofessional and sloppy.

We are also allowed to complain about something. Look at the endgame wave that came out after we "rioted" after the initial Avengers wave. I remember a few pages back people losing their heads because Wanda's hair is brown. We all have our opinions.

But hey, lets see when the series get revealed. The hair piece might grow on me. I have two custom Scarlet Witch Figures coming and ill compare them.

As most of you have already mentioned, the tiara looks... odd.
Still, with the addition of the cape I think it makes a very decent Scarlet Witch minifigure, so I still want it :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

12 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

The hair piece? im sorry. Its bad, even to lego standards. This comes in a cmf series but im getting MEGABLOCKS, DUPLO and PLUS 4 set vibes here. Who knows, maybe the crown does get printing and this factory worker snapped this pic before that happened. Im holding thumbs for that.

I think it will get printing for a new figure for doc strange 2

10 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Hair/Helmet piece is kinda lame, understandable, but it's not worth getting a CMF figure for and I was hoping that it'd be the main appeal if her outfit was underwhelming. Her design otherwise is excellent, especially the Mindstone shaped segment they detailed... except concept art strikes again and the red they used as such is too light.

I'd hope the Doctor Strange 2 sets fix this and give us this design but with the darker segments and the darker red where needed, but chances are it'll be fairly similar to this figure here.

This is a pass from me, we'll hopefully get a more accurate version down the line either in Doctor Strange 2 sets or whenever she appears after that as her outfit will likely stay similar for a while.

Um don't you think you guys are being too harsh and ungrateful.

I must be missing something here because the only image I have seen is Wanda with printing on her tiara.

Wanda's tiara may not be accurate for WandaVision, but at least it can be used for a comics Wanda! Given the slew of MCU content, we're unlikely to get any more comics-based sets, so getting such a distinctive piece is welcome! (Now if only they could sneak Hawkeye's classic blue and purple mask into a set or CMF...)

Yeah, certainly they made this crown/hair mold to be reusable for other mini figures.  I hope this is just a prototype and next they actually paint the whole crown red and stamp some black printing on it.

Still an excellent minifigure though! Gotta see it complete with cape and accessories. Can’t wait to see the rest of the cmf.

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

That's not what he said, at all.

He said that because people are disappointed they draw random conclusions that don't make sense at all.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's not what he said, at all.

He said that because people are disappointed they draw random conclusions that don't make sense at all.

Exactly.

Well, Wanda minifig is ruined with that terrible tiara/hair mold. The train and legs have  great prints, but it’s all for nothing with terrible tiara. Btw they use terrible Endgame Wanda face here too.

Hot take I like the figure. The head doesn’t bother me that much, the body printing is gorgeous (but should have a skirt), and the tiara is bad but not as bad as y’all are saying. The thing I’m more annoyed by is that we’re getting TVA Loki over President Loki because TVA Loki can be parted out with any random parts in a snap and it’s clearly just them not wanting to make a second horn/hair mold. What I will be VERY mad about is if they use this piece for Lady Loki, but I doubt it, their actual hair is too different anyway. 

Edited by hondohnaka

19 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Hot take I like the figure. The head doesn’t bother me that much, the body printing is gorgeous (but should have a skirt), and the tiara is bad but not as bad as y’all are saying. The thing I’m more annoyed by is that we’re getting TVA Loki over President Loki because TVA Loki can be parted out with any random parts in a snap and it’s clearly just them not wanting to make a second horn/hair mold. What I will be VERY mad about is if they use this piece for Lady Loki, but I doubt it, their actual hair is too different anyway. 

I like this take!
Also still a bit sad we won't have President Loki but after watching LOKI, I'm way too excited to get a TVA Loki minifig and a Sylvie minifig too

Edited by TobyAis

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

I like this take!
Also still a bit sad we won't have President Loki but after watching LOKI, I'm way too excited to get a TFA Loki minifig and a Sylvie minifig too

And I understand why they’re doing these two over President because they go together but still President Loki is such a cool funny concept it’s a missed opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

And I understand why they’re doing these two over President because they go together but still President Loki is such a cool funny concept it’s a missed opportunity. 

Maybe one day.. maybe one day...
tumblr_pcn3cz5vkG1xamnvho1_500.gifv

5 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

We are also allowed to complain about something. Look at the endgame wave that came out after we "rioted" after the initial Avengers wave.

And then this wave got revealed and people "rioted" again 🙃 

Seriously guys, Lego is trying 

The fact that they've gone back to the older films is proof, they could've made another comic avengers wave to fill the summer gap. 

At the end of the day, It's a five dollar minifig with infinitely more detail then the fig in the 70$ compound.

I’m also one of the few that like the new SW minifigure. Some of you guys seem to know so I’m going to ask. Is there a slight chance that some printing is still missing from the headpiece?  It just feels so incomplete. I feel it needs at least a black outline around the crown.

8 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I’m also one of the few that like the new SW minifigure. Some of you guys seem to know so I’m going to ask. Is there a slight chance that some printing is still missing from the headpiece?  It just feels so incomplete. I feel it needs at least a black outline around the crown.

Agreed. The new SW minifigs are abolutely beautiful! I thought of that too, it just looks very weird for a final product, maybe it's misprinted or unfinished, we can only wait and see.

12 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Anything is possible until we see the final, but I'd say this looks like a final product to me. I'm personally not too bothered by the hairpiece, while not perfect, gives us a unique piece we've never had anything like before. But I do understand why some people aren't thrilled about it. The one consolation I would think is that things look different in hand than a picture over the internet. It seems often enough the initial reaction isn't always the final thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Childe_Roland

6 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

Anything is possible until we see the final, but I'd say this looks like a final product to me. I'm personally not too bothered by the hairpiece, while not perfect, gives us a unique piece we've never had anything like before. But I do understand why some people aren't thrilled about it. The one consolation I would think is that things look different in hand than a picture over the internet. It seems often enough the initial reaction isn't always the final thoughts on the matter.

I agree with you. It’s not perfect but it’s not a bad piece. The only thing I don’t care for is the brown hair color that outlines the crown. It looks off. Other than that, I really like it.