Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

It's rather early so I'm not gonna make any final judgements, but so far I'm not really a huge fan. The color is unique but does little for me, and the head area looks pretty meh. I really enjoy Lego mechs, but even I'm getting kind of sick of them, and I feel like this one really doesn't do anything to justify its existence compared to Iron Monger (which is based on the MCU movie that started it all) and the Sakaar Hulkbuster (which is pretty unique looking, even if it is another Hulkbuster). Not too hot on this one so far but hopefully HD pics change my mind. 

3 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

The mech looks like a bionicle lmao
I hope we'll see Thor's House soon

That's an insult to Bionicle.

1 hour ago, Walter529a said:

Ok, that makes sense, but I bet that a kid seeing two or more (counting Monger and the $10) mechs in the shelf would get pretty boring right?, if the kid is really into mechs then ok, no arguments there, but not every kid is like that, and then if the kid hasn´t seen the show or doesn´t have Disney+ in the What If area.

True. And too many mechs in one wave is overkill. I'm guessing their strategy is that every kid wants one mech, let's give them a choice.

To be honest, I don't dislike the color. It seems suitable for a militaristic LEGO vehicle to me, so...
I just can't make out anything else beside the color though :grin:
Nice to know Red Skull is included :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

It looks like this mech is just like Iron Man's mech. Probably won't pick this one up, but I'm really excited about Red Skull

And new Tessaract piece

Although I'd prefer if they'd include him in the CMF instead of Captain Britain. And then they could have included just regular Hydra agent (which obviously would be different from the others we got)

Edited by Legofania

Now that the Minecraft head isn't theme specific, I have some ideas on its use. And the types of parts one gets with the Marvel mechs has me interested in the set for the green parts. I bought multiples of the Thanos mech for similar reasons. Red Skull may be of use to me for other reasons as well.

I get that for adult builders of the Marvel theme this set is a bit lackluster, but kids interested in action play will likely enjoy the set.

Some official promo art just leaked for Thor: Love and Thunder. Damn, I wish we were getting a Jane Thor minifigure this year.

46 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Some official promo art just leaked for Thor: Love and Thunder. Damn, I wish we were getting a Jane Thor minifigure this year.

Less than a year away buddy, almost there.

As excited as I am for Mighty Thor, and potentially all these cool 80s-esq costumes seen on set, I'm much more excited for Valkyrie. She needs some serious justice

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

Now that the Minecraft head isn't theme specific, I have some ideas on its use.

It's been used outside of the Minecraft theme before. Not sure if there's more but I remember Diagon Alley having the smaller ones and the normal ones appeared in Sesame Street.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Tbh, I expect Red Skull to be a repeat from last year

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

March 2022... 

No Way Home and In The Multiverse of Madness sets will be a good thing to look forward while waiting.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Tbh, I expect Red Skull to be a repeat from last year

Makes sense as that is basically his First Avenger appearance

I know we all want to forget about last year's Avengers SE sets, but my god look at this updated Helicarrier :wub_drool:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know we all want to forget about last year's Avengers SE sets, but my god look at this updated Helicarrier :wub_drool:

Not so much an update as just a complete rebuild :tongue: But this does look a million times better than the godawful original :grin:

Edited by lego_guyon02

On 6/15/2021 at 6:23 AM, hvader said:

All jokes aside, as a robot/Bionicles fan, I honestly can’t hate mechs. I’m probably a lot more positive on the What If sets than the other people in this forum. I just dislike random mechs not based on anything.

I like the Hulk-buster mechs too, so glad I'm not the only one. Besides, we have so many sets this year with great minifigs that even if the odd one sucks that is OK. 

23 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

First and foremost remember that these sets are aimed more towards kids than the rest of the Marvel sets. Kids love mechs, and kids love cartoons. Therefore, a mech based on an animated series is an easy win.

Disappointing for adult collectors, but hits the nail on the head when it comes to the target audience.

Exactly. Keeping in mind that Marvel has a final say on what minifigs etc. we get in the sets, and also has final say in choosing the IP that get sets. I am definitely not surprised that the animated series is the one that gets the most sets.

23 hours ago, Walter529a said:

Ok, that makes sense, but I bet that a kid seeing two or more (counting Monger and the $10) mechs in the shelf would get pretty boring right?, if the kid is really into mechs then ok, no arguments there, but not every kid is like that, and then if the kid hasn´t seen the show or doesn´t have Disney+ in the What If area.

My daughter wants the Marvel mechs over any of the friends sets, so there is always an audience in unexpected places. We've bought almost every single mech that has come out, and she still isn't bored of them. As an AFOL I prefer building and structural sets, but we typically get those in the more expensive sets, which I buy for me. 

Do you guys think we'll see a set or something loosely based off the Eidos guardians game like we did with the avengers? I really like most of the designs so far, especially Starlord's helmet. 

It's a longshot but Starlord also has his Dan Abnett 2008 costume and the outfits from Al Ewing's most recent guardian's stuff in that game, all comic designs I'd absolutely do anything to see as minifigs.

Edited by Childish Goblino

…that image puts the usual potato quality pictures to shame :laugh_hard: What was it taken with? The broken crisps in the bottom of the bag? 

Despite how godawful the pictures are, I'm still REALLY liking Thor's house so far, looks like a great little display.

Miek's head is definitely on top of one other piece, can't tell what it is yet though

hmm yes i very much wish to buy this potato spawn :laugh: tbh I wasn't planning on this but the colors are really appealing and I like all the barrels and such. 

Miek's height is very strange. It doesn't look like he's a full minifig...perhaps his body is a molded piece and the head is attached to it ala Thanos? 

Wow, and I thought blurry leaks couldn't get any blurrier... This one just takes the cake.

Shirtless Thor? Love to see it. The house itself doesn't look anything like I expected it to, but that's not a bad thing - it seems as I'll really love it.

Also, is that a Fortnight gaming stand? :laugh_hard:

Disappointed that Korg has a Hawaiian shirt, well at least that's what the yellowish blur looks like lol. Miek might just be in his regular bug form unless there is a razor hand body lying around in the house.