Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 6/12/2021 at 4:29 PM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

If Captain Britain has the Tesseract it would also be really cool if it was a square Creeper head in transparent blue - baby Creeper heads were similarly used in the Diagon Alley set 

Congratulations, here is your medal 🏅

That's an odd color choice... Olive green should definitely be the one picked, but maybe was too militaristic? And it looks like a bit smaller color swap of the Sakaar one. Tesseract is nice, but another Red Skull is meh.

Hm, what if the 2 tesseracts were different? 

One could be normal trans. light blue, and the other one trans. opalescent light blue. I feel like it would really work for the energy effect the tesseract gives.

Also shame it's red skull again. I was hoping for a random Hydra goon.

How is anyone coming to any conclusion the pic is so blurry it may as well not have been leaked.

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

Is that Schmidt on the bottom left corner or is that just Steve? 

It's Red Skull holding the tesseract, Steve should be in the cockpit/head of the mech. I fear the same shoulder piece (Ironmonger/Molten man) will be used for his head.  

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

It's Red Skull holding the tesseract, Steve should be in the cockpit/head of the mech. I fear the same shoulder piece (Ironmonger/Molten man) will be used for his head.  

At least we finally have an official MCU Red Skull. I consider that a win

The mech, while looking kind of bad, reminds me of the smaller exo-force sets I used to buy as a kid. The nostalgia makes me hate this set less

Edited by hvader

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think it's now safe to say that the way LEGO has handled Marvel D+ for 2021 is beyond moronic.

Honestly if anything it just confirms that they didn't get enough concept art for anything but "What If?". I don't like the fact that we're getting two mechs, but I'm guessing they were simply the easiest candidates for sets. The CMF, from what we know about it, sounds amazing IMO.

Just now, YetiZombie said:

Honestly if anything it just confirms that they didn't get enough concept art for anything but "What If?". I don't like the fact that we're getting two mechs, but I'm guessing they were simply the easiest candidates for sets. The CMF, from what we know about it, sounds amazing IMO.

When Disney+ sets got announced everyone was like “Wanda’s house, F+WS action sequence, the TVA…”

Lego: “how about some What If mechs”

I'll withold judgement until we see better pics(I was overly critical on Iron Monger so I won't make that mistake again) I do love that they recolored the Minecraft head for the tesseract though that unfortunately makes it huge. A trans-light blue 1x1 tile on top of a trans-light blue 1x1 plate is a far better solution and much more appropriately sized. Heck, the 1x1 brick they've been using was fine.

Edited by ToaDraco

3 minutes ago, hvader said:

When Disney+ sets got announced everyone was like “Wanda’s house, F+WS action sequence, the TVA…”

Keep in mind LEGO probably got art for this way before we knew about all of that stuff though. It would've been hard for them to design a house without actually seeing the house :def_shrug:. But who knows, maybe they did have enough info and just wanted to make mechs because they know kids love them.

Edited by YetiZombie

15 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think it's now safe to say that the way LEGO has handled Marvel D+ for 2021 is beyond moronic.

If we don't start getting sets for Disney+ series with Ms. Marvel or Hawkeye... I swear if they skip these ones I'm gonna do violence.

5 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Keep in mind LEGO probably got art for this way before we knew about all of that stuff though. It would've been hard for them to design a house without actually seeing the house :def_shrug:. But who knows, maybe they did have enough info and just wanted to make mechs because they know kids love them.

All jokes aside, as a robot/Bionicles fan, I honestly can’t hate mechs. I’m probably a lot more positive on the What If sets than the other people in this forum. I just dislike random mechs not based on anything.

Edited by hvader

12 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

The printing we're getting sounds great but despite being happy with the lineup I can't deny that it's a weird one. What If...? is already getting 2 sets so it shouldn't have taken up nearly half of the CMF.

5 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The printing we're getting sounds great but despite being happy with the lineup I can't deny that it's a weird one. What If...? is already getting 2 sets so it shouldn't have taken up nearly half of the CMF.

And knstead of Zemo or John Walker we're getting another Peggy...

45 minutes ago, hvader said:

First and foremost remember that these sets are aimed more towards kids than the rest of the Marvel sets. Kids love mechs, and kids love cartoons. Therefore, a mech based on an animated series is an easy win.

Disappointing for adult collectors, but hits the nail on the head when it comes to the target audience.

5 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

First and foremost remember that these sets are aimed more towards kids than the rest of the Marvel sets. Kids love mechs, and kids love cartoons. Therefore, a mech based on an animated series is an easy win.

Disappointing for adult collectors, but hits the nail on the head when it comes to the target audience.

Ok, that makes sense, but I bet that a kid seeing two or more (counting Monger and the $10) mechs in the shelf would get pretty boring right?, if the kid is really into mechs then ok, no arguments there, but not every kid is like that, and then if the kid hasn´t seen the show or doesn´t have Disney+ in the What If area.

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Congratulations, here is your medal 🏅

Wow, I'm so glad Lego have made the Tesseract using that creeper piece! Thanks for the callout :blush:

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Wow, I'm so glad Lego have made the Tesseract using that creeper piece! Thanks for the callout :blush:

I actually think that 35530 would be a better piece. It's the same as the minecraft head exept it's smaller.

lego-baby-zombie-minifigure-25.jpg

3 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I actually think that 35530 would be a better piece. It's the same as the minecraft head exept it's smaller.

lego-baby-zombie-minifigure-25.jpg

I thought so too, but it cant be held by a minifig so it wouldn't work