Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

18 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Original art people used to promote the idea of a Steve Rodgers Spider-man was this:

Yeah, because we dont have actual footage

24 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah, because we dont have actual footage

I think he meant it more in a way that people visualised him like that as we had no indication of what he'd look like.

It is entirely possible that a cape can have hip connection tabs that could simulate the 'skirt', and create the billowing look built into other representations of Scarlet Witch. I doubt they'll go that route, though. It's more likely that Scarlet Witch will have side leg printing, as CMF budgets usually allow for that.

Not at all surprised that after Avengers Square Enix has now also f****d up the Guardians. Please let there never be sets made based on this game :ugh:

20 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not at all surprised that after Avengers Square Enix has now also f****d up the Guardians. Please let there never be sets made based on this game :ugh:

Oh great, another uncanny valley can't-decide-if-MCU-or-comic square enix marvel game. Sets based on it would absolutely be a wasted wave. Though the potential builds if they did end up making some would be far more interesting than the garbage we got for the Avengers game, of which the Avengers Tower was the only somewhat decent one. 

21 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I can already see 20 or so sets with the same star-lord using the same 1-piece helmet as 2020 iron man...:laugh:

I'm not entirely opposed to sets on this, simply because I'm open to any sci-fi sets that isn't star wars, regardless they're good or bad design-wise.

Eff-it.. I DON'T CARE!!! If I can finally have a comics Drax and Gamora I'll buy 60 copies of the game!

These 2, could be absolutely amazing minifigs!!!
unknown.png

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I second this. Please no more Square Enix sets

26 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It would be a shame not to continue Infinity Saga, but sets based on this game have potential

If LEGO replaces Infinity Saga with this I’m done

I'd be down with sets based on this game as long as it doesn't swallow the whole wave. I actually don't mind the designs they went with. Rocket is definitely the weirdest one. The game itself actually looks really good though it's really dumb you can only play as Starlord. I never had a problem with the Square Enix Avengers designs either but I definitely think they should have gone with more comic-based designs and save themselves a lot of criticism. At least there are unlockable costumes if you don't like the main ones.

Based on what we've seen, there's definitely some interesting set potential though sadly LEGO would probably just make up some weird poorly-designed vehicles like they did for Avengers. 

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I'd be down with sets based on this game as long as it doesn't swallow the whole wave. I actually don't mind the designs they went with. Rocket is definitely the weirdest one. The game itself actually looks really good though it's really dumb you can only play as Starlord. I never had a problem with the Square Enix Avengers designs either but I definitely think they should have gone with more comic-based designs and save themselves a lot of criticism. At least there are unlockable costumes if you don't like the main ones.

Based on what we've seen, there's definitely some interesting set potential though sadly LEGO would probably just make up some weird poorly-designed vehicles like they did for Avengers. 

I agree with pretty much all of this. Though I’d be down for sets based on this game if it meant we finally got Drax again. (I need a Drax. Any Drax. He’s the only Guardian I don’t have.) I wouldn’t mind new Guardians variants as long as the builds are interesting . . but they won’t be . . but they’ll be bad builds no matter what they’re based on. If nothing else, I’m sure they won’t do something like “Guardians Vs. AIM Agents: Nameless goons attack Gamora’s ATV!”

Really hope I didn’t just jinx it.

21 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

(I need a Drax. Any Drax. He’s the only Guardian I don’t have.)

It's not too expensive if you just Bricklink his head and torso. I used a spare robocop leg piece (from lego movie) instead of buying his official legs.

4 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Eff-it.. I DON'T CARE!!! If I can finally have a comics Drax and Gamora I'll buy 60 copies of the game!

These 2, could be absolutely amazing minifigs!!!

Finally something I can agree with! I want classic designs as well but this is a very good step in the right direction for what I want to see. Blonde starlord looks dumb but Gamora and Drax would be amazing. At the very least a character pack with these variants would be we accepted by me. 

4 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I can already see 20 or so sets with the same star-lord using the same 1-piece helmet as 2020 iron man...:laugh:

I'm not entirely opposed to sets on this, simply because I'm open to any sci-fi sets that isn't star wars, regardless they're good or bad design-wise.

We only got 2 sets in the winter wave (Truck and Bike) and 3 in the summer (Tower, Heli, and Hulkbuster) plus a character pack. Thats far from the over exposure of 20 sets and all had very different content despite having the same aim agents (which I personally enjoyed army building, they were useful). So if the first batch of Enix sets is anything to go by, this is a stretch. 

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Couldn’t disagree with this more. The games may have sucked (don’t know didn’t play them) but the figures and builds imo were very useful and a breath of fresh air from Spidey vehicle vs Venom, the formula that was dominating comic sets before their arrival. I thought the designs were great and we covered a lot of ground. Naturally if this got sets I’d expect a much smaller set count, maybe even just 2 sets considering the smaller roster and the lack of a need to army build the way the AIM agents provided. I personally hope we get something if anything I’m resentful that rocket is in a red suit again.

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oh great, another uncanny valley can't-decide-if-MCU-or-comic square enix marvel game. Sets based on it would absolutely be a wasted wave. Though the potential builds if they did end up making some would be far more interesting than the garbage we got for the Avengers game, of which the Avengers Tower was the only somewhat decent one. 

This I agree with. Gamora and Drax are clearly comic inspired but Groot seems to be taken in a new direction? Never seen him depicted with this metallic armor around him but I don’t read Guardians at all. But I count my blessings and 2 comic designs I’ve been wanting for so long would make me sooooo happy. Now, if they only made 1 set and omitted Gamora and Drax, the most exciting designs, for say Rocket and Starlord, who look identical to their cinematic counterparts(despite that godawful blonde), then I’d be upset. Considering they make the figs we really want, this can work well. Also if Lego took the creative liberty to make Rocket blue, or if he has a blue suit in the game we can eventually use, I’d be so excited.

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

It would be a shame not to continue Infinity Saga, but sets based on this game have potential

I think both can be done at the same time. A wave of six sets with 3 infinity and 3 of this would work well imo. This looks like it has less material than the Avengers game so we’d probably receive smaller sets. And plus, the Infinity Saga is a wave of sets commemorating past MCU films, that can happen at any time. You can only capitalize on a game as soon as its released because it’ll lose relevancy quickly. Not to mention Lego sets may improve the popularity of the game considering Lego likely has a greater scope. It may be smart for Marvel to produce sets because I can see it bringing attention to the game.

We’re long overdue for a solid Milano. Given that the Enix sets were basically legacy with badly done characters but relatively strong builds, I could see a wave off of that being quite good. That would probably be the winter wave for next year though.

Also I don't think there will be as many sets based on this game. Keep in mind when the Enix sets came out: around and during COVID, when there was zero other Marvel content. Now that there's an absolute deluge, with three more shows and four movies set for this year and probably 5 shows and 4 movies for next year as well, Lego will be playing catchup like hell. 

37 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

We’re long overdue for a solid Milano. Given that the Enix sets were basically legacy with badly done characters but relatively strong builds, I could see a wave off of that being quite good. That would probably be the winter wave for next year though.

I’m sorry what? The Enix wave had weak figures? If anything I would argue the opposite, that the builds were in some instances meh (not bad just meh) (The Truck and Bike of the first wave) but the figs (Black Panther/Hawkeye) were either solid or easy to customize to perfection. I thought Rescue, M.O.D.O.K, Black Widow (despite the hair easy to fix) and Captain Marvel were exquisite. I loved the Helicarrier and Hulkbuster but if anything the figures in those sets were just as strong. Also hot take I loved army building the AIM agents even if I wished they were comic acccurate.

34 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’m sorry what? The Enix wave had weak figures? If anything I would argue the opposite, that the builds were in some instances meh (not bad just meh) (The Truck and Bike of the first wave) but the figs (Black Panther/Hawkeye) were either solid or easy to customize to perfection. I thought Rescue, M.O.D.O.K, Black Widow (despite the hair easy to fix) and Captain Marvel were exquisite. I loved the Helicarrier and Hulkbuster but if anything the figures in those sets were just as strong. Also hot take I loved army building the AIM agents even if I wished they were comic acccurate.

I won’t be the first to say this, but to start off, just about all of the iron men and such had pretty bad heads, but I guess that is subjective. Black widow was a great character, but way was overused in popular sets.  Hawkeye and Black Panther were pretty good, but didn’t appear in what the most desirable sets. Captain Marvel was okay, probably her best version but that’s a pretty low bar. I really did like the Enix wave, but I have to say, the builds were much better than the figs, at least in my opinions.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I won’t be the first to say this, but to start off, just about all of the iron men and such had pretty bad heads, but I guess that is subjective. Black widow was a great character, but way was overused in popular sets.  Hawkeye and Black Panther were pretty good, but didn’t appear in what the most desirable sets. Captain Marvel was okay, probably her best version but that’s a pretty low bar. I really did like the Enix wave, but I have to say, the builds were much better than the figs, at least in my opinions.

I agree Black Widow was overused. I was hoping the Tower came with another hero to make it more lucrative, as I find the Iron bots less exciting than most. But I see where you’re coming from it is subjective, I didn’t mind Tony’s heads.

Hmmm honestly I would love to see what they do with the GOTG game. I think the sets would look cool. Also I want my Stilt-Man minifigure. #RespectStilt-Man

The CMF series sounds interesting. I'm also surprised at the level of detail on White Vision, and I understand why Wanda's coming with a cape but the lack of a cloth skirt on either of the new Wanda figures is really bothering me. Hopefully the new hair mold for her will be awesome! Still not happy about Monica since she seems like a wasted spot and I bet she'll be coming in sets next fall anyway. Sam's brick-built wings don't sound great but the rest of the figure does, and I'm intrigued about Lady Loki although the regular Loki fig also sounds a bit boring (except for the Throg piece, of course). Hopefully we start seeing leaks soon.

6 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Enix sets were basically legacy with badly done characters but relatively strong builds

blue-engineering-brick.jpgWow, look at these incredible Square Enix Marvel Lego sets! They look great!

The only reason the builds would be strong is because they resembled bricks so much they became one

(Tried to find dark blue bricks but then I couldn't be bothered do I didn't)