Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just my 2 cents on a couple of these descriptions;

*White Vision apparently being more Grey Vision initially sounds quite infuriating, but until photos arrive, I hope to stay optimistic, as he's the one I look forward to most

*Spider Cap... Doctor Spider Cap?... Even more confused on what the hell this character is meant to be, but a Doctor Strange cape, if new, could possibly mean an upgrade to our figures. Unless they just mean it's the same cape used for his past figures

*Loki... Don't think I need to voice my disappointment that it's not Vote Loki, pretty sure enough people have already raised this. But the biggest disappointment here is that we aren't getting the hair/horn crown combo that everyones wanted since Ragnarok. If it happens that his suit is only temporary, that can't possibly be used as an excuse, as Wanda's costume only appeared for like 2 minutes. There's just no appeal in a trenchcoat, if you want it for TVA customisations then that's great, but IMO it'll look really bland.

Also had a thought about the What If Hydra Stomper set (and also the show itself); one of the confirmed returning cast members in the show is Toby Jones as Arnim Zola, so it would obviously make sense for him to appear in the Peggy Carter episode. 

In this episode, seeing Steve in a WW2 Hulkbuster is a vast difference to the 'Sacred Timeline', so maybe we could possibly see Arnim appear as a robot in this episode, a reference to his comic counterpart that outside of the WS computer screen, has not been fulfilled in the MCU.

Arnim in a robotic body, or even just his own mech would be a formidable enough threat to counter Steve's Hulkbuster (which would otherwise feel like overkill for basic Hydra goons), but would of course make for great potential in this set too

This Marvel CMF doesn’t sound more excited to me. 

But aniamls in this series? If it’s true, then it’s interesting. 

i guess that pictures are not taht far away from now so we will see them soon...

I'm not too upset about the lack of Vote Loki because it implies to me two things:

1) They are considering a Ragnarok Infinity Saga set (which makes sense, being so popular) with that version of Loki.

2) They are considering a D+ Series 2 which would definitely include that Loki.

21 minutes ago, doclord said:

If a D+ series 2 were to come out, it wouldn't be until at least 2023, at which point there will be 15 D+ Marvel shows, and if they stick to 12 minifigures there's no chance they would come back to the shows they've already covered

Does anyone understand the baby crocodile reference? I haven’t seen the show and don’t know if it’s an obvious thing, and/or wondered if it’s a ‘normal’ animal, or something with less other usefulness (y’know, like a cat with a Mohawk, or a sparkly transparent otter ;) )

32 minutes ago, williejm said:

Does anyone understand the baby crocodile reference? I haven’t seen the show and don’t know if it’s an obvious thing, and/or wondered if it’s a ‘normal’ animal, or something with less other usefulness (y’know, like a cat with a Mohawk, or a sparkly transparent otter ;) )

I'm assuming she has a baby crocodile. From what I know it's not a comic thing, but it may be.

Edited by doclord

2 hours ago, williejm said:

its probably the serpent Jörmungandr one of Lokis kids

Edited by Mattallica

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Now that would be great. I think there was unused concept art of him for Infinity War. I would love some more Thor/Asgard/9 Realms lore in the MCU and Lego.

7 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

*White Vision apparently being more Grey Vision initially sounds quite infuriating, but until photos arrive, I hope to stay optimistic, as he's the one I look forward to most

I’m not sure if anyone pointed this out yet, but the Funko Vision follows this same color scheme. After looking it up, it certainly looks better than expected.

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

I mean, that seems to make more sense, right?

Great news about the CMF! 
Am I the only one who gets the feeling Wanda's hairpiece will be the same as Lady Loki's?
Also, regarding Scarlet Witch, it's interesting with the cape instead of the skirt, but I'll take it, it looks good either way and for me the most important part is the crown/tiara/diadem, which she evidently will have, so...

Can't wait!! :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

9 hours ago, doclord said:

I'm not too upset about the lack of Vote Loki because it implies to me two things:

1) They are considering a Ragnarok Infinity Saga set (which makes sense, being so popular) with that version of Loki.

It doesn't imply any of those things. 

It just implies that Lego either didn't get a concept art for Presidential Loki, or they just decided to give us the TVA variant as it's more prominent in the series.

Inclusion of Presidential Loki would imply a Ragnarok set more than the fact that he isn't there - they could use his hairpiece (made for CMF so there are no budget problems) in that set later.

Also, if they were already planning a 2nd CMF, it wouldn't be those same series over again. They'd do one for series like Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk etc.

38 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Am I the only one who gets the feeling Wanda's hairpiece will be the same as Lady Loki's?

I highly doubt that considering Wanda's tiara has a really specific shape that just screams "Scarlet Witch".

In case anyone was wondering what 2 Bugles look like on top of each other: 

EDIT: (for some reason Eurobricks refuses to properly show the post but it's on Jang's Instagram account)

Edited by lego_guyon02

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Does anyone understand the baby crocodile reference?

Not appeared in the show yet... it's possibly shape shifting? a familiar? Possibly just a rival to Throg?
6xnw1gQ.jpgpTo1Z59.jpeg

11 hours ago, doclord said:

??????

If you say so?

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not as cool as I thought it would be 😔

Will it be likely to have another Marvel CMF series next year? Or at least 2023?

I mea there were rumors that Marvel Sereis would be released annually. So I’m not sure if it’s true. 

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I mea there were rumors that Marvel Sereis would be released annually. So I’m not sure if it’s true. 

Never heard any such rumours. I hope not, with only 2 licensed series each year I want some variety :tongue: Every two to three years is enough

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why is people today just making stuff up?

15 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Why is people today just making stuff up?

*shruggins* I have no idea...

28 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Never heard any such rumours. I hope not, with only 2 licensed series each year I want some variety :tongue: Every two to three years is enough

Yeah, exactly!

4 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

EDIT: (for some reason Eurobricks refuses to properly show the post but it's on Jang's Instagram account)

If i had two bugles i think i would make it more wide instead of giving it extra height. And if i would make it taller i would screw with the windows and heights of the floors, because this way it’s looking very dull. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will it be likely to have another Marvel CMF series next year? Or at least 2023?

Likely? I don't think so.

There are only 3 CMFs per year after all - 2 of them are licensed, and 1 is Lego's original. That means that if Marvel CMFs were a yearly thing, they could only do 1 licensed CMF per year. That wouldn't work.

This CMF is probably just testing ground for MCU's Disney+ series. We'll have to start getting more sets than just What If...? at one point.

Also, there was no such rumour as an annual MCU CMF.

I guess, Captain Falcon will be the easiest to get since he'll come with more pieces for his wings, right?

4 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I guess, Captain Falcon will be the easiest to get since he'll come with more pieces for his wings, right?

They all mostly seem to have unique parts, but yeah Falcon and Carter should be the easiest ones for the wings and whatever brick they use for the tesseract respectively.

I do hope that the WV figs come with some accessories, since PB did not say anything about what they come with, even if it's power blasts/effects.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Likely? I don't think so.

There are only 3 CMFs per year after all - 2 of them are licensed, and 1 is Lego's original. That means that if Marvel CMFs were a yearly thing, they could only do 1 licensed CMF per year. That wouldn't work.

This CMF is probably just testing ground for MCU's Disney+ series. We'll have to start getting more sets than just What If...? at one point.

Also, there was no such rumour as an annual MCU CMF.

Yup, exactly. 

21 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well that's obvious. We wouldn't talk about something we don't know of. 

True, I'm just generally saying that we should'nt think we're only getting those and nothing else is possible :p

20 hours ago, PGBQW said:

He doesnt have a shield because he's not Captain America

Original art people used to promote the idea of a Steve Rodgers Spider-man was this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdkkOY7w_ZmMjKhwE_Hwl

So thought we'd wind up with a shield.

18 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering Wanda's description mentions legprinting and a cape but no skirt I wonder if LEGO's figure is based off the same concept art Hot Toys got:

That still has a skirt, but admittedly the skirt is not as much of the focus. I think the cape on that is really nice, though sadly the one we get will likely just be plain red. I know it's not mentioned, but I'd hope she has leg detail - either that or we'll be waiting for Doctor Strange 2 sets for that.