Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Have there been any rumors of what this year's SDCC minifig release is? I assume with no SDCC actually happening in person that Marvel and DC will have separate contests again for whatever they are planning, if anything.

30 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

There'll be 2 right, so President Loki and who?

Lady Loki. That's been known for a while.

I just hope that Sam Cap, Zombie Cap, Cap Carter can provide a good dual molded legs (also arms) for our existing cap figures.

19 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I just hope that Sam Cap, Zombie Cap, Cap Carter can provide a good dual molded legs (also arms) for our existing cap figures.

Imagine if the one who gives us the most accurate dual moulded legs is Spidey Cap :laugh:

FalconCap might not work if they decide to do dark blue/silver or grey to imitate his shin armor, and zombie cap will most likely be with rotting print. Our hopes are basically Carter or Spidey.

Edited by admiral_typhoon

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Anyone else is so excited for Loki minifigs in the CMF after yesterday's episode?

I was excited from the very beginning. And now I'm even more excited! Hopefully some day we'll get more Disney+ sets and Loki will get one (or more)

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nah, as far as we know it's the presidential Loki.

It wasn't like 100% confirmed info, but the people (leakers I mean) were pretty sure it's that one.

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It should be President Loki but as with all rumors it should be taken with the usual grain of salt :wink:

Alright, guys, thanks!
Glad to hear about Lady Loki, though, even though I have no idea yet what she looks like in the series :grin:
(and I don't wanna know until her first appearance, just FYI :look: )

Regards,
Mitch

I didn't realize we'd be getting President Loki, either. I guess I assumed it would be his Avengers 1 outfit or his TVA suit, but the election version makes sense and should hopefully give us a new horn mold. I'm super pumped for Lady Loki though, both in the series and in minifigure form! Can't wait to see what she looks like, and I also can't wait to see the Scarlet Witch figure. 

I, like everyone else, am extremely excited for the Loki figures. The show is amazing so far. 

Edited by hvader

Yeah, the Loki fig was one of the ones I was looking forward to the most from the CMF and yesterday's ep cemented that. 

Also, finally finished building my Daily Bugle!

Took longer than I expected but it was certainly an enjoyable experience overall. Some repetitive sections, but they were spaced out enough that it wasn't an issue. Final product looks very imposing, especially with the radio tower alone standing taller than the IW Sanctum set. Loved the way the various office appliances and details were constructed, and all the little Easter eggs are great. So much character packed into one set.

I didn't have many non-Avengers comic figs prior to this so it was also great to be able to get so many of them in one go. Daredevil is the best figure in my opinion. Punisher is a close second but I did swap out his limbs hence why DD takes the top spot. Third place would probably go to Doc Ock due to his cool new arms. 

I must admit though, while the 60s Spidey office meme is amusing, I did find that floor to be rather lacklustre, both in build and content. So much so that I may take it out altogether (I think the Bugle might actually look a bit better next to the Sanctum if it's a bit shorter*).  A dark room or printing press might have been more interesting.

A couple of the figures could also be better. Robbie most of all. He's really only Robbie in name only. Different head and hair piece are definitely needed. 

I feel similarly about Gwen, but she's passable at least.

I also personally could have done without the Spider-verse characters, and without Iceman, Firestar seems rather out of place. 

Still, I don't regret the purchase at all. It's the biggest Lego set I own, and I love it in spite of those minor criticisms. Going to have fun trying to make improvements where I can and finishing my Avengers Tower to go alongside it. 

I'd love to see more sets like this in the future.

(Sorry for the essay :tongue:)

*Also, I know someone mentioned ages ago that they wondered what the Bugle looked like next to the Sanctum. I can take pics at some point if you're still interested.

Edited by SEmrys

3 hours ago, Legofania said:

I was excited from the very beginning. And now I'm even more excited! Hopefully some day we'll get more Disney+ sets and Loki will get one (or more)

A TVA office if it was big enough would be really visually interesting.

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Spoiler for the show.

Spoiler

An actually functional projector with multiple scenes would be best.

11 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Agreed, but I think it's doubtful that LEGO would do something like this.

16 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

4 hours ago, Legofania said:

Agreed, but I think it's doubtful that LEGO would do something like this.

LEGO does seem to really like making office spaces for all of those LEGO Ideas sitcom sets, but yeah I don't think they'd go for a TVA office set unless there's a lot of action scenes in there in the future.

Got a question for anyone and everyone: I got the Daily Bugle set and I’m loving it. I never picked up the Sanctum Sanctorum (76108) and now I’m kicking myself. Should I pick up the set on Bricklink or EBay? Is it worth it? My hesitations are that I already own all the minifigures included in the set so I would only be buying it for the building and I’d be kicking myself again if they ended up releasing a modular-type set for Sanctum Sanctorum someday.

8 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Got a question for anyone and everyone: I got the Daily Bugle set and I’m loving it. I never picked up the Sanctum Sanctorum (76108) and now I’m kicking myself. Should I pick up the set on Bricklink or EBay? Is it worth it? My hesitations are that I already own all the minifigures included in the set so I would only be buying it for the building and I’d be kicking myself again if they ended up releasing a modular-type set for Sanctum Sanctorum someday.

The joy of LEGO is that if they release a bigger Santorum, you can break down the old one and build something new. I'd say buy it.

And also, if they do make a bigger sanctum, you can use the old one to mod the new one. It’s a win win scenario, plus you’ll have some cool figs to boot

I think the Silver Centurion helmet makes a nice addition on the Mark 85, makes it a little bit more detailled
51239689012_a58b2d7702_o.jpg
inside-3d-18-0000.jpg?1617613337

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

I think the Silver Centurion helmet makes a nice addition on the Mark 85, makes it a little bit more detailled
51239689012_a58b2d7702_o.jpg

What about those new style Iron Man helmets? They might be a good fit because of the suit being so sleek.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Sold my sanctum Santorum bc it didn’t have enough depth for me (I’m a modular collector).

that set will be puny compared to the daily bugle 

7 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

What about those new style Iron Man helmets? They might be a good fit because of the suit being so sleek.

I like it, the gold colour looks better, it indeed looks more fit but I really dislike the mouth, it looks like a chubby kid to me xD

20 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I must admit though, while the 60s Spidey office meme is amusing, I did find that floor to be rather lacklustre, both in build and content. So much so that I may take it out altogether (I think the Bugle might actually look a bit better next to the Sanctum if it's a bit shorter*).  A dark room or printing press might have been more interesting.

I don’t have the daily bugle yet, but when i get it that floor will be altered. I rather have a conference room in that office, a dark room or an archive with files folders, backissues and stuff for doing thoroughly reporter business. I think the wall of the meme office looks out of place from the outside and the height of that floor right now doesn’t really work for me. 
The printing press is more a ground floor thing. But you can add that maybe next to the bugle?

Edited by Borex

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

The last part is the issue* I now face, I've been building a bigger Avengers Tower, and am considering turning the Sanctum into a modular. But I bet by the time I finish doing both those things they'll end up producing sets that blow my ones out of the water. 

*Although it's not really an issue because they've been fun projects regardless of what comes. 

edit: realised I didn't actually answer your question. I think it's a pretty cool set. If you can get it cheap without the figures then I say why not. 

39 minutes ago, Borex said:

I don’t have the daily bugle yet, but when i get it that floor will be altered. I rather have a conference room in that office, a dark room or an archive with files folders, backissues and stuff for doing thoroughly reporter business. I think the wall of the meme office looks out of place from the outside and the height of that floor right now doesn’t really work for me. 
The printing press is more a ground floor thing. But you can add that maybe next to the bugle?

Yeah, it's a shame really because that's the only part of the actual building that I don't love. I'll probably turn it into a dark room eventually. An archive is a pretty cool idea too! 

As for the printing press, putting it in a separate building isn't a bad idea. However, the Sanctum, Bugle and Avengers Tower sets fit perfectly in the empty space on my desk, but there's no room for anything else unfortunately. All my shelves are dedicated to SW.

Edited by SEmrys

3 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

I bought the SS not long ago, found a decent deal on a local classified listing. It's wonderful set, irregardless of the Bugle. It is a little small when compared to the bugle, but it's a solid hit. I'd say go for it if you're a fan of Marvel and location based sets over vehicles.

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

I like it, the gold colour looks better, it indeed looks more fit but I really dislike the mouth, it looks like a chubby kid to me xD

Fair enough, maybe they might try doing something about mk 85 in the future.

1 hour ago, SEmrys said:As for the printing press, putting it in a separate building isn't a bad idea. However, the Sanctum, Bugle and Avengers Tower sets fit perfectly in the empty space on my desk, but there's no room for anything else unfortunately. All my shelves are dedicated to SW.

Just imagine that it’s underground in some lower levels, then you don’t need to build it :-)