Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, Peter1999 said:

Exactly, more of these needs to be done!  From Iron Man 2, I would prefer a mk4 suit in which Tony is eating donuts on a large donut, like someone already mention here before, that would be great additon to hall of armour.

Speaking about HoA, I am curently thinking how to get all suits with opening helmets:

• mk2 - from armory expansion, with war machine mk2 helmet (can someone confirm that helmet color is same as torso on mk2 in armory? that would be helpfull, thanks in advance)
  • mk22 hot rod - war machine helmet with mk33 or mk5 mask
  • mk30 blue steal - iron legion helmet with mk33 or mk5 mask (again, can someone confirm helmet/torso color?)

If you wanna know, the Prototype Armour is silver and the War Machine's one is dark grey but it still works pretty well
And I'd advised to maybe use the Iron Legion helmet with the Iron Patriot visor to have the dark blue jaw with silver face

Endgame Final Battle is a proof that I don't think MCU armors will be re-done with more detailing. 

Mark 85 was just reused. So if they're making more Infinity Saga sets, I bet they'll do new more MCU armors than remaking those existing ones.

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Endgame Final Battle is a proof that I don't think MCU armors will be re-done with more detailing. 

Mark 85 was just reused. So if they're making more Infinity Saga sets, I bet they'll do new more MCU armors than remaking those existing ones.

Maybe.. and I hope that you're right, to a degree.. but the mark 85 was only 2 years old so of course they won't do a new one if the old one is so recent

28 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

But Mark 85 was still in production. They can use those freely.

What they can't do is just bring old ones back - Avengers, Iron Man 3, Age of Ultron etc. Just like they had to make a new AoU Cap, even though he appeared in a set.

If they decided to remake older suits it'll be never ending update, won't be as top natch as the one they released before. It's much better to move on with those and make newer ones that we haven't gotten before. 

If they decided to make a variant (such as Mark 43 open chest) it's acceptable. I'd take newers suits over those remakes with shadowing effect and added details. There's plenty of suits needs to be made. Hopefully we can get Mark 4 and Mark 21 next year. 

pssst idk if yall know this but to my fellow members of freedomland Zavvi is selling the august stuff at retail price. PotterMinifigPals endorses them so. 

Edited by hondohnaka

38 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

pssst idk if yall know this but to my fellow members of freedomland Zavvi is selling the august stuff at retail price. PotterMinifigPals endorses them so. 

not exactly at retail price :hmpf_bad: $84.99> $69.99 (76192)

13 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

not exactly at retail price :hmpf_bad: $84.99> $69.99 (76192)

welllllll yes but most things are retail price. anyhoo I'll stop shilling now :grin: I ordered the Benatar and am riding high hehehe

Edited by hondohnaka

4 hours ago, Peter1999 said:

Edit: Is there any page, which sell only helmets? It would be better than ordering whole minifigs from bricklink, but I can not find mk2 / original war machine silver helmet anywhere.

Firestar toys might be worth a look. I don't know if they do have Iron Man helmets specifically, but they do sell various minifigure parts/helmets/hairs. 

Might be a bit pricier than Bricklink though, I'm not sure. 

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Firestar toys might be worth a look. I don't know if they do have Iron Man helmets specifically, but they do sell various minifigure parts/helmets/hairs. 

Might be a bit pricier than Bricklink though, I'm not sure. 

There isn't a lot of Iron Man helmet on it.. he'd have better luck bying the helmet alone on Bricklink, or the whole minifig perhaps

I can vouch for Zavvi - they're a great way to get sets at a discount or early like this, and they often have random deals on sets. Right now you can get the Benatar + Endgame Final Battle for $215 and free shipping which is even a $5 savings on the US retail price.

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Thanks, they have them, prices are not so bad, similar as used minifigs on bricklink. 

7 hours ago, TobyAis said:

And I'd advised to maybe use the Iron Legion helmet with the Iron Patriot visor to have the dark blue jaw with silver face

Good advice, I completely forgot the Iron Patriot! I might try it when I get my hands on Iron Legion, how it will looks with those red lines on top of the mask.

Just now, Peter1999 said:

Thanks, they have them, prices are not so bad, similar as used minifigs on bricklink. 

Good advice, I completely forgot the Iron Patriot! I might try it when I get my hands on Iron Legion, how it will looks with those red lines on top of the mask.

There are pictures out there showing how the minifigures look with the different helmets if you're interested! I made a video about it on my YouTube channel, and honestly I don't love the red lines on the Iron Patriot helmet so I just stuck with the one-piece version. If LEGO makes more variants in the future I hope they stick with the opening helmet and not the newer style. 

4 minutes ago, Peter1999 said:

how it will looks with those red lines on top of the mask.

I'm just saying that.. if you're willing to, you can very easily remove the red lines with an eraser, you just put tape on the eyes print and use an eraser to remove the red lines
It even works with toothpaste and friction and it's way better than using nail polish like some people do because by using an eraser you don't damage the plastic

On 6/8/2021 at 12:55 PM, TobyAis said:

I guess with his head piece it'll make him a bit taller and I'm okay with a slightly taller Korg minifig

Trying to envision how the body armor piece that Paz Viszla, Wrecker, and the new trooper in Star Wars have would look on Korg. He does have the shoulder guard on one side and a rocky outcrop on the other shoulder, but I’m not certain the armor piece could recreate that well enough.

12 minutes ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

Trying to envision how the body armor piece that Paz Viszla, Wrecker, and the new trooper in Star Wars have would look on Korg. He does have the shoulder guard on one side and a rocky outcrop on the other shoulder, but I’m not certain the armor piece could recreate that well enough.

That piece would look terrible on him imo. It's designed to give characters beefy armor and Korg really doesn't need much more than a large pauldron and some torso printing.

15 minutes ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

And how about a piece like that on his left shoulder, in dark brown?
image.png.ceea33bb4c3d0392e596840c3470da4b.png
How Korg Became a Scene-Stealer in 'Thor: Ragnarok'

54 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

And how about a piece like that on his left shoulder, in dark brown?

Yes! I also wondered about 88295, the two-sided spiky shoulder pad, in sand blue with brown paint on one side, but that seems odd for Lego and would just hide likely torso printing of the straps. 

Would be quite fun to use the piece you shared in brown too, owing to that  raised accessory appearance it would give.

Anyone else is so excited for Loki minifigs in the CMF after yesterday's episode?

I wonder how Throg will play into the series. I also wouldn't even be made if Loki was wearing his TVA suit (the one that will appear later on), as I love this look.

Lady Loki will also look so good.

So there's no indication of 'which' Loki it will be in the CMF, then?
I kinda got the idea it would be 'President Loki', but I guess I was reading confirmation where it was actually wishlisting?

Regards,
Mitch

10 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I kinda got the idea it would be 'President Loki', but I guess I was reading confirmation where it was actually wishlisting?

Regards,
Mitch

Nah, as far as we know it's the presidential Loki.

It wasn't like 100% confirmed info, but the people (leakers I mean) were pretty sure it's that one.

11 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

It should be President Loki but as with all rumors it should be taken with the usual grain of salt :wink:

13 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It should be President Loki but as with all rumors it should be taken with the usual grain of salt :wink:

There'll be 2 right, so President Loki and who?