Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'd be surprised if the CMF was a September release since it's so What If-heavy and What If releases in August. 

Side note: do any international folks know any sites where I could buy the Marvel sets from? I've got an eye on Zavvi and Brickshop.nl, but was wondering if there are any other retailers that ship to the U.S.

Spider-Woman got casted a couple days ago for Into the Spider-Verse 2. I hope that means we’ll see Spider-Woman in a future Lego set someday. I shouldn’t complain because a new minifigure is always a great addition to a new set but I personally would’ve preferred Spider-Woman over Firestar in the DB. Maybe my thoughts would’ve been different if Iceman was included. 

2 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Spider-Woman got casted a couple days ago for Into the Spider-Verse 2. I hope that means we’ll see Spider-Woman in a future Lego set someday. I shouldn’t complain because a new minifigure is always a great addition to a new set but I personally would’ve preferred Spider-Woman over Firestar in the DB. Maybe my thoughts would’ve been different if Iceman was included. 

Agree 100% it should've been her instead, or add Iceman, would've happily taken him over Spider Ham, who was the prime focus of buying that damn Monster Truck...

But I'm very uncertain if LEGO would include her (unless we get actual sets for the film), seeing as we didn't get Peni and SP//dr. As we've learned from the DB Reddit interview they try to use characters they hope kids will recognise (which makes lack of SP//dr even more confusing as Spidey has 3 unrelated mechs over 2 years), so fingers crossed her appearance will boost popularity as it did for Noir and Spider Ham

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'd be surprised if the CMF was a September release since it's so What If-heavy and What If releases in August. 

Side note: do any international folks know any sites where I could buy the Marvel sets from? I've got an eye on Zavvi and Brickshop.nl, but was wondering if there are any other retailers that ship to the U.S.

I haven’t tried it, but apparently brickcomplete.com or something does. It seems expensive though.

I think its safe to say we will get Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, The Marvels sets, I wonder how the disney plus shows will be handled (Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, She Hulk, Moon Knight, Secret Invasion) will we get sets or another CMF?

2 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’d say wait until they come to the US if you don’t want to pay a buttload for shipping but that’s just me.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

I’d say wait until they come to the US if you don’t want to pay a buttload for shipping but that’s just me.

I’m with you. I’m waiting for their releases in the US. No way am I gonna pay extra bucks to get stuff that I can get at a later time for retail price. Just for me, but I think 2 months is not worth the extra money. Again just my opinion no disrespect to those that do decide to get them early.

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

I think its safe to say we will get Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, The Marvels sets, I wonder how the disney plus shows will be handled (Ms Marvel, Hawkeye, She Hulk, Moon Knight, Secret Invasion) will we get sets or another CMF?

I think that as long as the Marvel shows end up being popular (which seems to have been the case so far), we'll probably get at least something for each show. If we get more CMF series later then they'll probably dump a lot of them there, especially for series that don't have potential for interesting sets. It might also depend on how many movies are coming out. I could see them doing a set for a Disney+ show if there aren't any movies coming out for a few months, but if it's one or the other they'll certainly pick to focus on the films.

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

'What If' is August... but it's a 10 episode presumably weekly series. So it'd make more sense for them to hide the CMF until most the characters have been shown and/or reveal the CMF in August and release in September.

Edited by Scarilian

I finally received a Bricklink order that allows me to make more customs! So I customised The Punisher, made a custom Charles Xavier with Stane's torso and gave Ross's torso to Stane and I think Obadiah is pretty much perfect like this:
SnmzCqr.png 
Like this outfit is the movie: 
Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps! [Iron  Man] – did you blank it?

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

I finally received a Bricklink order that allows me to make more customs! So I customised The Punisher, made a custom Charles Xavier with Stane's torso and gave Ross's torso to Stane and I think Obadiah is pretty much perfect like this:

Holy macaroni Batman, that resemblance is uncanny. Great job

15 hours ago, mgetz said:

Obviously we do not know how big of a role Doctor Strange will have in Spiderman: No Way Home, but what do we think the chances of getting another Doctor Strange minifugre in a set? its long over due and maybe he will be in his new Multiverse of Madness suit.

I would say the chances are high. Apparently, every MCU Spidey movie has an MCU tie-in character (which is now Strange), and the previous two (Iron Man and Nick Fury), were featured in their respective LEGO waves.

1 minute ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I would say the chances are high. Apparently, every MCU Spidey movie has an MCU tie-in character (which is now Strange), and the previous two (Iron Man and Nick Fury), were featured in their respective LEGO waves.

But this time we have more than that - we have 2 more Spider-Men.

As I've said before, it depends on how much Marvel revealed to Lego. I guess we'll see soon enough if they officially acknowledge multiverse in the trailer.

2 hours ago, TobyAis said:

SnmzCqr.png 
Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps! [Iron  Man] – did you blank it?

Do you think they gave Ross the he wrong torso by mistake, but didn’t want to own up to it?

12 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Do you think they gave Ross the he wrong torso by mistake, but didn’t want to own up to it?

Must be, it was made for Obadiah Stane.

4 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Great job! A very accurate purist fig!

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I don't think so. The torso is spot on Ross outfit from 8x03. It has a plain blue shirt (instead of Obadiah's pinstripe shirt), and the tie stripes also match it. But this does not detract how good this torso is for Obadiah too.

4 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I don't think so. The torso is spot on Ross outfit from 8x03.

Exactly. Moreover, the Central Perk set was released two years ago, so long before the Iron Monger set even entered development, making a mix-up impossible :laugh:

I don't want to be, like.. a kill-joy.. but I'm pretty sure it was.. a joke

xD

9 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I don't want to be, like.. a kill-joy.. but I'm pretty sure it was.. a joke

xD

This is the Internet :tongue: It’s sad, but there’s a reason ‘/s’ is a thing

17 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering Doctor Strange ItMoM comes out pretty much right after No Way Home I'd say it would be a waste to include him in the Spider-Man sets. 

Exactly, and that's why Lego will most likely include him in the sets lol

12 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Places like Brickshop actually have crazy discounts (and Zavvi has $5 flat shipping), so even after shipping it's still about $10 cheaper than buying them in the US at release. Plus I won't be in town when the sets release, so I'd rather get them a month early for the same price than get them two weeks after release. 

9 hours ago, TobyAis said:

SnmzCqr.png 

I'm actually surprised they didn't just reuse that piece for him. Seems too perfect to miss that opportunity.

I doubt it would happen this year unless there were some surprise set, but since the SW got a set based off of its Disneyland ride, would it be possible for Marvel to get something?

15 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I doubt it would happen this year unless there were some surprise set, but since the SW got a set based off of its Disneyland ride, would it be possible for Marvel to get something?

It took a year for us to get the GE set but considering they are already selling marvel LEGO at the park, I think it’s likely. 

The Quinjet ride is supposed to open in 2022 so it could really be that or Web Slingers.

18 minutes ago, doclord said:

It took a year for us to get the GE set but considering they are already selling marvel LEGO at the park, I think it’s likely. 

The Quinjet ride is supposed to open in 2022 so it could really be that or Web Slingers.

Would love to get the Mark 80 and WEB Spider-Man figures

Edited by hvader