Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Well. A trip to the local Lego store resulted in me caving and buying the Daily Bugle instead of the Infinity Saga sets I intended to buy. Pray for my bank account. Most expensive single set I've ever bought

2 minutes ago, JaHawk2009 said:

Well. A trip to the local Lego store resulted in me caving and buying the Daily Bugle instead of the Infinity Saga sets I intended to buy. Pray for my bank account. Most expensive single set I've ever bought

Have fun building mate!

So the WWII mech is happening after all? we're back to the "2 Captains Britain conumdrum"...

Hydra Stomper, Iron Monger and Sakaar Hulkbuster. "This is getting out of hand. Now there are three of them!"

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If you look at Uatu's MCU design (or just the Watchers in general) you'll see their heads really aren't that huge so a minifigure head works fine.

bjmzwkgk93mz.jpg

dbqsls2-8c62b8dc-70b9-4c07-8c76-26878a81

These images says otherwise

It might just be a scale thing, their bodies definitely seem bigger too. I would say the scale for Watchers head is too big for a regular head, but too small for Thanos, somewhere in the middle, so a regular head would be the safest bet. Though if anyone talented enough to edit Watcher to have a Thanos sized head, I'm sure a lot of people would like to see it

18 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Hydra Stomper, Iron Monger and Sakaar Hulkbuster. "This is getting out of hand. Now there are three of them!"

Really excited for the surprise Evil Doctor Strange mech set too. And the Zombie Hulkbuster armour

It's tough to say. His head is definitely bigger, but I think the new Thanos mold would be disproportionately bigger.

fye.000000638211204506_0-1.jpg

This is a super weird question but does anyone know if the thor head from the infity sage sets is the same head used in teh advent calendar?

It probably won't be.
Advent Calendar Thor uses the Infinity War spiky hair, so I assume, sadly, his IW head will come with it, not the new Endgame head.

Regards,
Mitch

15 minutes ago, mgetz said:

This is a super weird question but does anyone know if the thor head from the infity sage sets is the same head used in teh advent calendar?

The Advent Calendar uses the 2017-2020 head from the Ragnarok, Infinity War, Endgame and Square Enix sets.

2 hours ago, JaHawk2009 said:

I don't blame you for caving in, that set is glorious 

I'm building iron monger set and I'm excited of new iron man and I even like mech but as Lego set it feels like disappointment. I built something almost the same a month ago as hulkbuster

A quick sum up of the Advent Calendar:

Revealed (10): Iron Man, Spidey, Thanos, Thor, Black Widow, Quinjet, Christmas tree (with infinity stones), barbecue grill, snowman, Dum-E

Confirmed (9): Captain Marvel, Nick Fury, Helicarrier, Avengers Tower, Hulkbuster, Hall of Armor, CGI drone, Infinity Gauntlet, Arc Reactor

Remaining slots (5): but I assume the HoA will comprise more than one day, so actually less than 5 slots.

Just built all smaller Infinity Saga sets and they are pretty good! 

4+ set is exactly what you expect but has good minifigs,

Dragonfly set is very good for this price, still Shiri needed cloth piece to make her complete.

Iron Monger is surprisingly good, oversized but good!

Endgame final battle is just e rehash of 2019, but combining 2 sets might make decent Avnger compound pre destruction. Thanos is awesome, as are the rest of minifigs, but they all neededeleg prints especially T'challa and Cap, Wanda would have been fine with just skirt piece.

Haven't built the Benatar set yet, but it looks awesome from every review out there.

the IS sets arrived at my house today! But, I have to wait til July to build them cos i'm still at uni :hmpf_bad:

Got my Benatar today from S@H only to find out that, instead of bag 7, I got bag 6 from the 1989 Batwing set. Lego is sending a replacement but due to some parts being out of stock it will take at least a couple of weeks.

I've had missing pieces in sets before but this seems like it shouldn't even be able to happen. Bit confused to be honest.

Finished bag 11/16 of my Bugle today, and just noticed a small inconsistency in comic book accuracy

7nx7wvqNl2ZntAxZgg7cJi0iFx4eQYYg8TNBW74b

P... Peter... You're LITERALLY using the same man purse piece buddy....

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Finished bag 11/16 of my Bugle today, and just noticed a small inconsistency in comic book accuracy

All jokes aside, this is probably my favorite Spider-Man panel ever made.

And I think Peter's using a camera bag, not a man-purse. :wink:

31 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

All jokes aside, this is probably my favorite Spider-Man panel ever made.

And I think Peter's using a camera bag, not a man-purse. :wink:

Mine has to be Peter telling a whole courtroom the reason JJJ hates him is because he's black

Unfortunately can't finish off my Bugle until Sunday, but with all I've done thus far, this is probably my all time favourite set. Been so much fun building, the details are fantastic, and I'm still over the moon at holding figures of Black Cat, Punisher and DAREDEVIL in my hand

6 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Mine has to be Peter telling a whole courtroom the reason JJJ hates him is because he's black

Unfortunately can't finish off my Bugle until Sunday, but with all I've done thus far, this is probably my all time favourite set. Been so much fun building, the details are fantastic, and I'm still over the moon at holding figures of Black Cat, Punisher and DAREDEVIL in my hand

How much time do you think it's taken you so far? 

I've got a day off on Tuesday so I'm planning on putting on some Spidey films and devoting the day to it. 

So far all I've done is dug out Daredevil, Punisher and Blade to compare to the rest of my fig collection. 

Unrelated to the current sets but do you guys know if any minifig has ever come with dual molded red/purple legs? I want to give Magneto boots but I can't find or recall any myself.

Just built Benatar, and it's definitely the best built in Marvel theme ever! Definitely feels like UCS set from star wars, and looks amazing! Figures are good, but obvious improvements were needed. But overall it's a must buy set if you're Guardians of the galaxy fan!

3 hours ago, Childish Goblino said:

Unrelated to the current sets but do you guys know if any minifig has ever come with dual molded red/purple legs? I want to give Magneto boots but I can't find or recall any myself.

I'm positive it doesn't exist yet.. I've just spent 20 min trying to find dark blue/bright orange and purple/white for my Cyclops and Magneto.. with no results..

Anyone know what the dimensions on the Benetar are if the nose is pointed down? Wondering if there is any possibility of fitting it on a ikea lack shelf (about 10")

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

I'm positive it doesn't exist yet.. I've just spent 20 min trying to find dark blue/bright orange and purple/white for my Cyclops and Magneto.. with no results..

No idea regarding the white/purple or red/purple, but dark blue bright orange exists with the hobgoblin, sh268. Not sure it's the configuration you want, but it exists.