Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If LEGO loves mechs so much, why not make Infinity Stones Ultron into a small mech set? I’m personally still hoping for more What If sets

Edited by hvader

Ugh, it's still happening? I don't see a need for this set at all with Peggy in the CMF series and Iron Monger coming out at the same time. Knowing LEGO, civilian Steve will have a generic reused face and maybe a new torso but that's it, so he isn't even a figure I'm looking forward to. Hopefully we get other Disney+ sets for series like Secret Invasion...

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Really? We get 2 Marvel Disney+ sets, and both of them are What If...? mechs? Such weak choices...

Well, at least I'm not worried at all when Armor Wars will come out!

Then again it's been 5 years and still no Peni & SP//DR...

If the advent calendar gives an easier way to get all the Infinity Stones (and the gauntlet) that would be great since I only have the one infinity stone (from the Thor's Weapon Quest set)

personally im much happier with Captain Britain and the Hydra Stomper  being a set vs the Sakaarian hulkbuster

the need for two what if mechs is questionable but we all know that Lego thinks that  kids love robots so it makes sense

Edited by Mattallica

28 minutes ago, hvader said:

If LEGO loves mechs so much, why not make Infinity Stones Ultron into a small mech set? I’m personally still hoping for more What If sets

Lego marvel designers are physically incapable of making a mech suit that is not oversized (outside of those £10 sets)

Edited by ood0

I’m personally not too hyped for What If?, even though I am still looking forward to it, so it’s kind of a bummer for me that Lego is putting much more of an emphasis on that show, with it taking up almost half of the CMF series and getting two entire sets based off of it (repetitive sets at that). Despite being a bit disappointed in the finales for both, Wandavision and FATWS were shows I enjoyed and was invested in, so it’s a bummer that we’re only getting five CMFs total between the two of them. Granted, those minifigures will probably be much more detailed compared to if they were included in sets but there is so much more they could do for both shows.

I’m still glad that we’re getting the WW2 mech but I wish they held off on either this one or that Sakaarian Hulkbuster so that these two sets aren’t coming out at the exact same time as Iron Monger, which this Hydra Stomper set will probably closely resemble. For that matter, why is the Sanctuary II coming out two months later than everything else but these two Disney+ mechs are coming out at the same time as the Iron Monger and other Infinity Saga sets? It’s just a bizarre choice all around.

2 hours ago, hvader said:

Me and my brother made one using parts from the Nexo Knights mechs, the Mighty Micros Infinity Gauntlet, and the Ultron Prime minifigure.

2 minutes ago, CreeperBrix said:

Me and my brother made one using parts from the Nexo Knights mechs, the Mighty Micros Infinity Gauntlet, and the Ultron Prime minifigure.

Sounds cool, would love to see pics if you're willing to share it

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Sadly, it's now destroyed in my brother's never-ending lego container, and I don't have pics, sorry.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Oh, I know! I'll recreate it in Studio and post it here. Even though we made it back in mid-2018, I still remember exactly how it was built.

Just a question, but do you think SDCC sets were planned for this year too?

just in case anyone doesn't know (because I sure didn't!) You can preorder the Sanctuary 2 set on the lego website. I used my VIP points to knock off $30, so I only paid $10.85 for it 😈 What a steal

6 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Lego thinks that kids love robots so it makes sense

To be fair kids actually do love the robots.

As much as alot of us are bored of them and we're especially not excited to see 3 really similar iron man mechs on shelves this year a bunch of kids will see those same shelves as heaven on earth.

23 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

Hello everyone. When will the Doctor Strange 2 sets be released?

I don’t think we have heard anything about sets for the film.

Man the setpictures really don't do Thanos any justice at all. He looks great, especially with the 2019 arms! 

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I don’t think we have heard anything about sets for the film.

I mean the approximate release date of the sets.

6 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

I mean the approximate release date of the sets.

The movie comes out in late March so probably somewhere in January or maybe even early February.

16 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Are we even getting sets for it?

LEGO hasn't skipped a Marvel movie since 2014.

35 minutes ago, steveholt said:

I can't believe they didn't use the new big head for The Watcher 

If you look at Uatu's MCU design (or just the Watchers in general) you'll see their heads really aren't that huge so a minifigure head works fine.