Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I’ll just bricklink the Iron Man for my Hall of Armor (very happy this set exists to bring the price of that fig down even more). [...] while Captain Marvel fig looks good I like the one I have now from her solo movie better.

I feel the same about all of this, haha.
Though I'm still not sure if I want the Iron Man.
The color difference of the gold on the arms and helmet compared to that on the legs just bothers me too much.
Does anyone know a purist solution to that, by any chance? :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

24 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I feel the same about all of this, haha.
Though I'm still not sure if I want the Iron Man.
The color difference of the gold on the arms and helmet compared to that on the legs just bothers me too much.
Does anyone know a purist solution to that, by any chance? :sceptic:

Regards,
Mitch

The actually gold arms of the keychain (the solid gold plain minifig one ) match the shade of 85’s leg printing. However there isn’t an actually accurate helmet faceplate as they are all that brighter yellow. I would advise just making that your Tony that doesn’t have a helmet  or don’t have a faceplate, while using the gold arms.

Edited by doclord

Endgame Final Battle and Iron Monger just arrived :wub_drool:

I'll build Endgame set in 2 days, but I've just started building Iron Monger. I love Iron Man minfig so far :tongue:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

The Sanctuary II is a great build. It will probably look good next to the leviathan build (which is also downsized). Captain Marvel is just as expected. I would like to see some others ships is this smaller size range. Perhaps Ego's ship (with Ego, Star-Lord and Mantis).

I feel like the Sanctuary II CM minifig really needed leg printing. The plain blue legs and arms are just too much blue for me and it really overpowers the pretty good torso. 

Thanos looks surprisingly great tho it's just a shame the only thing I would have actually wanted from the set was the Endgame Carol.

28 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

The Sanctuary II is a great build. It will probably look good next to the leviathan build (which is also downsized). Captain Marvel is just as expected. I would like to see some others ships is this smaller size range. Perhaps Ego's ship (with Ego, Star-Lord and Mantis).

I’d like to see Ego’s ship at a larger scale tbh because the swirly door function is begging for some cool technic trickery. One at this size would just be a shiny egg basically. 

20 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

I feel like the Sanctuary II CM minifig really needed leg printing. The plain blue legs and arms are just too much blue for me and it really overpowers the pretty good torso. 

Thanos looks surprisingly great tho it's just a shame the only thing I would have actually wanted from the set was the Endgame Carol.

Nah, it doesn't need leg printing, just dual molded Red and Dark Blue legs

I wish the Advent Calendar had been revealed as well, since they revealed the Harry Potter one. Maybe they are saving it for the convention at June 26th...

48 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

They really should have given her dual molded Legs (Basically the cmf series 16 Penguin Photographer) and red arms.

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

Nah, it doesn't need leg printing, just dual molded Red and Dark Blue legs

I can see that but I think I'd still prefer red printing on blue legs personally just because dual molded legs wouldn't capture the line detailing that I really like from that suit.

Edited by Childish Goblino

How I wish the advent calendar Thanos is the Sanctuary II one. Honestly this is one of my favorite Thanos figures from LEGO, the printings are perfect.

also given that this is an October set, any chance we might see some other October sets (like NWH) soon?

5 hours ago, Rosie99 said:

Yes please!

So I finally finished building it and I must say.. It looks very good! Of course it's oversized etc.. and I'm all about trying to make things minifig-scale but this time I really don't mind, it's a great build all around!! Only downpoint I find is that shoulder doesn't always look good depending on how you can put them and some stickers were a pain in the butt to apply (shoulders and Arc Reactor mostly) so I'm glad the head is printed, it looks great!
51218551871_1960661719_o.png
The Reactor 'glowing in the dark' effect is nice, there isn't a lot of light in my room anyway.. so I won't be seeing it a lot ^^ plus it glows green which makes sense but isn't great looking.. imo at least. (Also really wish the eyes would glow too..)
51219621860_dc1e0e6efb_o.png 
The minifigs are great, Pepper head isn't tho.. I replaced it with her 2013 head, which is a way better fit for her, torso is really nice and I don't mind the legs.. Mark 3 looks great, the legs and torso is greatly detailled and it has this more bulky look compared to the newer Marks in the print. Obadiah is good too, great torso and head, really accurate for him and also nice additions to make custom minifigs
51218551926_1080e52d4b_o.png
Overall I think it's a good set, I'm fine with the 40€ pricetag, comparing it with other sets I don't think it's overpriced!

Oh wow, Iron Monger set is one if the best Marvel sets in recent years... it's literally perfect, but a few nitpicks.

Minfigure selection is excellent. Iron Man is one the best variants yet (hairpiece is a great inclusion), Obadiah is kinda perfect and Pepper is great.

The build itself uses so many inetsrying techniques, and it has a lot of little details. I especially love how they improved the head from 2019's Molten Man. Incredible build, although oversized. 

The price is perfect, it's worth it. Overall, I give it 9/10. Amazing set.

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

So I finally finished building it and I must say.. It looks very good! Of course it's oversized etc.. and I'm all about trying to make things minifig-scale but this time I really don't mind, it's a great build all around!! Only downpoint I find is that shoulder doesn't always look good depending on how you can put them and some stickers were a pain in the butt to apply (shoulders and Arc Reactor mostly) so I'm glad the head is printed, it looks great!
51218551871_1960661719_o.png
The Reactor 'glowing in the dark' effect is nice, there isn't a lot of light in my room anyway.. so I won't be seeing it a lot ^^ plus it glows green which makes sense but isn't great looking.. imo at least. (Also really wish the eyes would glow too..)
51219621860_dc1e0e6efb_o.png 
The minifigs are great, Pepper head isn't tho.. I replaced it with her 2013 head, which is a way better fit for her, torso is really nice and I don't mind the legs.. Mark 3 looks great, the legs and torso is greatly detailled and it has this more bulky look compared to the newer Marks in the print. Obadiah is good too, great torso and head, really accurate for him and also nice additions to make custom minifigs
51218551926_1080e52d4b_o.png
Overall I think it's a good set, I'm fine with the 40€ pricetag, comparing it with other sets I don't think it's overpriced!

Thank you so much! I think I’ll buy it then, and make it shorter myself, I do love the iron man minifig! Thanks for the images too! You’ve been a huge help :)

Weirdly, I haven't seen anyone make a comparison between Iron Monger and Molten Man since they've pretty similar build.. So I did it myself
51218062832_2522c6bd79_o.png 

Edited by TobyAis

1 hour ago, Rosie99 said:

Thank you so much! I think I’ll buy it then, and make it shorter myself, I do love the iron man minifig! Thanks for the images too! You’ve been a huge help :)

I thought about downsizing him but I think it's not worth it to even try it's too big, way too big xD 
so instead I made a minifig-scaled Iron Monger MOC with the Mark 1 helmet
51218819686_5479146c88_o.png

Edited by TobyAis

The Sanctuary II build isn't really worth the bother, but the parts could be used for some improved Chitauri gliders for a Battle of New York layout. I don't really build Marvel (any of the licenses really), but I've picked up sets for parts. I have a couple of the previous Thanos minifig, and I'm tempted to army build those, with the new version as their commander.

41 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Weirdly, I haven't seen anyone make a comparison between Iron Monger and Molten Man since they've pretty similar build.. So I did it myself
51218062832_2522c6bd79_o.png 

A better comparison is the last Hulkbuster since they share identical builds for the majority of it.

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

A better comparison is the last Hulkbuster since they share identical builds for the majority of it.

Ahhh.. I have it but not build since I used the pieces to make this: IMG_20210429_233142.jpg

Got my Daily Bugle earlier today. Are there supposed to be tiny gaps between the wall pieces? I'm assuming it's just the natural distance between bricks?

Man, you guys are making me so jealous of the new Marvel sets. Super pumped to get those. Not willing to pay a buttload for shipping so I’ll wait.

I can’t tell, is the new Cap Marvel’s torso red or dark red? I’m wondering if the CMF Wildlife Photographer’s legs will look good or off. 🤔

Seeing the "Kids playing with the product" images, definitely normal red, and yes, those legs would be perfect, as well as red arms, as I feel the arms and hands all in dark blue makes them look too bland and simple...

Edited by Walter529a

I just got my Daily Bugle earlier today, and have started building it.  I'm only four bags in, and already impressed with the amount of detail and clever building techniques I've encountered.  Hopefully it won't be long before we get more Marvel sets with this type of quality.  The set selling out as quickly as it did is probably a promising sign for the future.

1 hour ago, Walter529a said:

Seeing the "Kids playing with the product" images, definitely normal red, and yes, those legs would be perfect, as well as red arms, as I feel the arms and hands all in dark blue makes them look too bland and simple...

The 2018 Iron Spider arms would also probably look good, as the detailing lines up surprisingly well with Captain Marvel's Endgame outfit.  Granted, the 2018 Iron Spider minifigure has gone up in price over the past couple years, so they would be an expensive option.

My Bugle arrives in an hour! Very excited. 

But I'd be more excited if it wasn't half term and I had a proper chance to build it :grin: It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure 

1 hour ago, spiderfan2000 said:

The 2018 Iron Spider arms would also probably look good, as the detailing lines up surprisingly well with Captain Marvel's Endgame outfit. 

You´re right, I´ll probably try it when I get the set.