Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

To be fair, I haven’t been on this thread for a while so I missed those conversations. I would have said the same thing then. I’m sorry I’m coming on so strong but there’s just a point where there are too many leaks and rumors out there that I just would like to stop hearing about, but I also love coming on Eurobricks to discuss sets, so I’m just trying to balance it all out. 

Yeah, I don't want to spoil or ruin anything for you.

Since the last Eternals drama I felt the need to ask if we can discuss this, as we've discussed things like that before and no one had a problem with that.

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Before the Bugle, I used the Jace Malcolm face for my custom Punsher

I completely forgot where I got the head I used on Punisher, turns out I was using Jango Fett from the 2013 Advent Calendar. Jace is a good choice too, definitely think Jango and Jace offer the best heads for Punisher

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But Charlie Cox, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield weren't confirmed. But we also discussed those. Even you discussed their inclusions. Why did your attitude suddenly change?

To me, the difference here is that those actors have been asked about their roles in interviews (and all denied it)? Discussing those denials (regardless of their authenticity!) when they're out in the public domain seems fair. 

I don't follow twitter accounts or reddit threads etc with rumours or leaks or set pics etc. My view would be that something is fair game for discussion if it's in some sort of output from Marvel themselves (trailers, press releases etc), interviews, or a well-known reporting source (Deadline / Variety / Hollywood Reporter jump to mind). I come here to help plan what sets to buy based on some insight into what's coming up, and to discuss details of sets both released and rumoured. I see a pretty clear distinction between that Lego-related discussion and more movie-based discussion. 

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But Charlie Cox, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield weren't confirmed. But we also discussed those. Even you discussed their inclusions. Why did your attitude suddenly change?

The thing is that you stated without warning that Green Goblin would be the main villain of the movie, which is a fairly new rumor many people hadn't heard about yet. 

Last year there was a similar discussion on the Star Wars thread regarding Ahsoka and Boba Fett's appearances in The Mandalorian Season 2, in which I also expressed my opinion that rumors that have been reported by giant media outlets like Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, IGN or Fandom should be considered fair-game as those rumors have basically become widespread "knowledge" at that point. That same opinion applies to Marvel rumors, which is why I was personally fine with discussing Cox, Maguire, Garfield and so on. Hope that clears it up.

If it makes anyone happier, it’s not really a rumor at all—it’s pure speculation by some random podcast host making a theory. Might happen, might not.

Edited by Brickroll

12 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

If it makes anyone happier, it’s not really a rumor at all—it’s pure speculation by some random podcast host making a theory. Might happen, might not.

Not really tho, this guy's connected to one of the most reliable news outlets, o he knows what he's talking about (it's a rumour tho, he said "he heard" that this will be the case). But that's a topic for another time.

27 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The thing is that you stated without warning that Green Goblin would be the main villain of the movie, which is a fairly new rumor many people hadn't heard about yet. 

Last year there was a similar discussion on the Star Wars thread regarding Ahsoka and Boba Fett's appearances in The Mandalorian Season 2, in which I also expressed my opinion that rumors that have been reported by giant media outlets like Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, IGN or Fandom should be considered fair-game as those rumors have basically become widespread "knowledge" at that point. That same opinion applies to Marvel rumors, which is why I was personally fine with discussing Cox, Maguire, Garfield and so on. Hope that clears it up.

Well to be fair it was mentioned on this forum weeks ago, but I apologise for mentioning it, it was kinda stupid of me when asking if I could talk about it.

Your explanation does clear it up I think, but it's not always easy to say which news outlets are considered "giant". Comicook.com? Heroic Hollywood? Comic Book Resources? Those definitely have some kind of prestige I think, at least in terms of comicbook news.

36 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

To me, the difference here is that those actors have been asked about their roles in interviews (and all denied it)? Discussing those denials (regardless of their authenticity!) when they're out in the public domain seems fair. 

I don't follow twitter accounts or reddit threads etc with rumours or leaks or set pics etc. My view would be that something is fair game for discussion if it's in some sort of output from Marvel themselves (trailers, press releases etc), interviews, or a well-known reporting source (Deadline / Variety / Hollywood Reporter jump to mind). I come here to help plan what sets to buy based on some insight into what's coming up, and to discuss details of sets both released and rumoured. I see a pretty clear distinction between that Lego-related discussion and more movie-based discussion. 

Alright that's a great explanation I think. Thanks for writing that!

52 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I completely forgot where I got the head I used on Punisher, turns out I was using Jango Fett from the 2013 Advent Calendar. Jace is a good choice too, definitely think Jango and Jace offer the best heads for Punisher

For sure those look great. Properly serious.

Anyone see a purist of Punisher with dual molded black and flesh arms yet? I’ve been itching to see that combo.

2 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

Not a bad one. Are you going to use Jace's head or the new Frank for your punisher?

I think I’ll stick with the official figure, but I’ll probably keep my custom as well

I will clarify one more time and I will not clarify again: 

Out of respect for our members, at their past, current, and continual direction, myself and the other MODs expect you not to discuss film spoilers in this thread.  

This is not a film discussion thread. DO NOT discuss film spoilers in this thread.

Be respectful of your fellow members and the many many guests who drop in and out of this thread expecting and deserving to see LEGO discussion. It is not unreasonable to expect that one can enter this thread and NOT have the next ten years of MCU films ruined for them, not have each and every secret cameo screamed at them from the heavens, and not be hit in the face with IMDB's rating of next year's leaked script and how it's already dumpster fire.  

In the past, the Staff has temporarily closed this thread around the release dates of MCU films, typically for the release weekend. This process worked well, for members and staff, especially for Infinity War/Endgame, as it gave everyone a reasonable chance to see the film and have a reasonable expectation that said film would not be blatantly spoiled for them upon opening Eurobricks in their browser. This is something we can continue to do in the future, it is something I expect we will do in the future. 

Alternatively, I can remove one's ability to discuss anything on this website ever again, if continual discussion of spoilers continues to be a problem.  

Thank you! 

I hope with the Sony Disney+ deal, we can one day get direct tie-in LEGO sets for Sony Marvel movies like the Venom series (maybe even Kraven). Again, the No Way Home sets are my most anticipated sets of the year after Infinity Saga and Bugle

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I hope with the Sony Disney+ deal, we can one day get direct tie-in LEGO sets for Sony Marvel movies like the Venom series (maybe even Kraven). Again, the No Way Home sets are my most anticipated sets of the year after Infinity Saga and Bugle

Wow. Imagine getting even more Venom figures. What a dream. 

As a fan of Marvel comics, and a number of the cartoons based on them (far closer than the movies get these days), I have my own theories and hopes for the MCU. Because of this, I do come across leaks, and like to discuss them. That discussion is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread. My own speculation of the NWH plot, based in part on a leak, has me hoping that a couple of specific characters could be in the post-release NWH sets. In the spoiler tag I'm listing the characters, and a link to my reasoning in the other thread. Open at your own risk.

Spoiler

Madame Web and The Beyonder

My reasoning.

I may try to acquire the Punisher fig, but like others would change the head. The multi-character use of the black/white dual molded legs makes me hopeful that they will see even wider use elsewhere. If that proves to be the case, I may just wait for a cheaper variant, with likely just the torso print, to become available.

On the matter of Doc Ock; I don't care for the reused variant for the character, but love the arms build. I'll be looking into acquiring just those parts to create my own variant.

On 5/25/2021 at 10:49 PM, CreeperBrix said:

I mean how Lego put in all this effort to design these characters for the videogames, yet we don't get them as physical figures Even bootleg companies are making them. I would KILL for Marvel Superheroes bigfig Lizard.

I’m not sure if Lego or TT designed those Lego Marvel figures for the games. Sometimes Game designs transfer over to the sets (Killer Frost/Firefly in DC villains, Daredevil/Black Cat) but other times figures don’t match designs that we see for them (Storm, Cyclops, Cheetah) so its hard to say who exactly backed those designs because as you said we don’t always get them. However I still think Lego has done a lot for comic marvel. I just think in the pst few years they stopped giving obscure avenger villains figures and reverted to what seems like an exclusively Spiderman approach to the comics.  

On 5/25/2021 at 11:27 PM, ood0 said:

They said that they don't include figures they think kids wouldn't recognize in regular sets, but surely the Spider-Man cartoon running right now would make kids would recognise Spidey characters who aren't in any of the movies. They did comic-but-really-show waves with characters I'd never even heard of but apparently appeared in the avengers cartoon (Hyperion, Detroit Steel, Super Adaptoid) a couple of years ago, did they not sell well or something? Is that why they've refused to make characters who kids may be familiar with from the cartoons in recent years? Apparently Lizard and Jackal are primary villains in the Spider-Man show, be nice if we could get them instead of the billionth Venom or Carnage fig.

Interesting point. As I noted above they definitely once played around with comic designs for many heroes but have gone back to focusing on spidey. Maybe they didn’t sell well. Or maybe the Avengers Assemble cartoon is no longer on? Idk don’t have Disney XD to check if it gets new episodes. Hearing that the Bugle designer wanted to include Ice Man but due to a variety of reasons couldn’t has me wondering if Marvel stepped in and said no? Maybe we won’t see the X-Men until their formal MCU debut. Then as far as the Guardians go, I can’t be the only person who would pick up comic Guardians sets, am I?

I opened my Daily Bugle after work and quite a number of the minifigure parts have print defects. Most every of the few sets I’ve purchased in the past couple years have had this issue. Before entering my relative dark age in 2017, it would be only the occasional set :sceptic:

Edited by Sir Gareth

I certainly wouldn't pick up comic Guardian sets. Well maybe if they had a cool ship, but otherwise nah. I remember they were in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but they were so unmemorable I, well, don't remember anything about them.

This just came to me, I would love to see the portable lab from Antman and the Wasp as a set, the lab has enlraged batteries and other cool size gimmicks which would bre great to build and have a super cool visual affect. Hoping for it at some point if the infity saga sets continue

28 minutes ago, mgetz said:

This just came to me, I would love to see the portable lab from Antman and the Wasp as a set, the lab has enlraged batteries and other cool size gimmicks which would bre great to build and have a super cool visual affect. Hoping for it at some point if the infity saga sets continue

Planning on designing that in studio actually, AMATW is my favorite marvel film, and neither of the two have been represented well in lego.

1 hour ago, Sir Gareth said:

I opened my Daily Bugle after work and quite a number of the minifigure parts have print defects. Most every of the few sets I’ve purchased in the past couple years have had this issue. Before entering my relative dark age in 2017, it would be only the occasional set :sceptic:

I'd definitely call lego and get replacements. They'll hook you up. My Daredevil's torso has print defects and I'm not letting that slide for a $299.99 set.

6 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

For sure those look great. Properly serious.

Anyone see a purist of Punisher with dual molded black and flesh arms yet? I’ve been itching to see that combo.

Check out @TobyAis Flickr page: 

LEGO Minifigs | A few iterations of The Punisher

Oh, oops you said dual molded black and flesh arms. I guess this is sorta close. :shrug_oh_well: My bad

Decided to take my Ethan Hunt's arms off to check them out on Punisher. Damn, I love how this looks:

IMG_0487

Can't decide which hair I like more, though..

64396111128__88AE775A-5DFF-4E19-96F5-331C89048F0F

Upgraded my Blade as well:

IMG_0489

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Decided to take my Ethan Hunt's arms off to check them out on Punisher.

My Bugle's in transit and I ordered the Ethan Hunt torso just before I went away. So glad it looks as good as it does! That top pic especially is like the perfect Punisher imo!

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Then as far as the Guardians go, I can’t be the only person who would pick up comic Guardians sets, am I?

There are other comic heroes I'd rather see, but if a comic Guardians set came out I'd probably try and grab the figures at very least. I love Star-Lord's circa 2008 costume, and his more recent 'Grounded' era costume, more than his movie one personally. 

Basically, as long as they didn't have their Bendis era costumes I'd probably buy them. 

Variety just officially confirmed that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will be returning in No Way Home.

Seeing as it's literally confirmed this early, how high do you think the chances of other Spider-Men appearing in sets? Do you expect them to be included?

Imagine if the 20€ set included Tom's Spidey, Andrew's Spidey and Electro, and the 40€ set included Tom's Spidey, Tobey's Spidey, Green Goblin and Doc Ock *oh2*

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Variety just officially confirmed that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will be returning in No Way Home.

Seeing as it's literally confirmed this early, how high do you think the chances of other Spider-Men appearing in sets? Do you expect them to be included?

Imagine if the 20€ set included Tom's Spidey, Andrew's Spidey and Electro, and the 40€ set included Tom's Spidey, Tobey's Spidey, Green Goblin and Doc Ock *oh2*

They do call it the worst kept secret in Hollywood so at one point it people were trying to hide this. I don’t see the two sets including much, maybe a doctor strange figure and one or two villains. I have said this before and I will say it again I truly believe that March 2022 will be the ultimate wave for No way home

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They do call it the worst kept secret in Hollywood so at one point it people were trying to hide this. I don’t see the two sets including much, maybe a doctor strange figure and one or two villains. I have said this before and I will say it again I truly believe that March 2022 will be the ultimate wave for No way home

You've got a point.

Even if they reveal it officially in the 1st trailer, it still will have leaked like a year before the movie released - unless they weren't trying to hide it, that's why leaks were all over the place. 

They wouldn't reveal it officially, as they perhaps wanted to surprise us, but maybe they did send concept arts to toy companies? Seems like a possibility to me.

As for the villains, they just have to include some multiverse villains, as there aren't any others.

9 hours ago, Sir Gareth said:

Just curious, what kind of print defects are we talking about here? Now I'm worried mine doesn't suffer the same fate when it gets here.

5 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Just curious, what kind of print defects are we talking about here? Now I'm worried mine doesn't suffer the same fate when it gets here.

Most print defects I've encountered in recent years are smudged prints. Though one odd defect I came across back in 2011 was receiving a Will Turner head where 1 side of the face was missing sideburns.