Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

First set of the year for me, can't wait to get my build back on!

8 hours ago, cosmic said:

Well I count the square enix figs as comic variants so from my POV Lego has covered substantial ground for comic designs. We have comic versions of; 

Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Rescue, Falcon, Power Man, Iron Fist, White Tiger, Nova, Spider Gwen, Miles Morales, Spiderman Noir, Spiderham, Ghost Rider (both), Punisher, Daredevil, Firestar, Cyclops, Wolverine, Deadpool, Storm, Ms. Marvel, Nick Fury, Spiderman 2099, Scarlet Spider, Ultimate Spider Girl, and War Machine. 
Edit: and Goliath

As far as teams go, we’re missing the Fantastic Four and Guardians completely in comic form. We’re missing Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision in comic form as well. I didn’t incoude SDCC figures that have not had mass retail launches so count those as well. I still want a squirrel girl. I’d be lying if I said Lego has been sleeping on comic Marvel. Just look at that list of what we have! But I hope in the coming years they fill the gaps of what we’re missing. 

I mean how Lego put in all this effort to design these characters for the videogames, yet we don't get them as physical figures Even bootleg companies are making them. I would KILL for Marvel Superheroes bigfig Lizard.

21 minutes ago, CreeperBrix said:

I mean how Lego put in all this effort to design these characters for the videogames, yet we don't get them as physical figures Even bootleg companies are making them. I would KILL for Marvel Superheroes bigfig Lizard.

They said that they don't include figures they think kids wouldn't recognize in regular sets, but surely the Spider-Man cartoon running right now would make kids would recognise Spidey characters who aren't in any of the movies. They did comic-but-really-show waves with characters I'd never even heard of but apparently appeared in the avengers cartoon (Hyperion, Detroit Steel, Super Adaptoid) a couple of years ago, did they not sell well or something? Is that why they've refused to make characters who kids may be familiar with from the cartoons in recent years? Apparently Lizard and Jackal are primary villains in the Spider-Man show, be nice if we could get them instead of the billionth Venom or Carnage fig.

13 minutes ago, ood0 said:

They said that they don't include figures they think kids wouldn't recognize in regular sets, but surely the Spider-Man cartoon running right now would make kids would recognise Spidey characters who aren't in any of the movies. They did comic-but-really-show waves with characters I'd never even heard of but apparently appeared in the avengers cartoon (Hyperion, Detroit Steel, Super Adaptoid) a couple of years ago, did they not sell well or something? Is that why they've refused to make characters who kids may be familiar with from the cartoons in recent years? Apparently Lizard and Jackal are primary villains in the Spider-Man show, be nice if we could get them instead of the billionth Venom or Carnage fig.

Yeah, that'd be pretty nice...

2 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

The Daily Bugle became available a few minutes before midnight here on the east coast.

They had to make up for what they did to Europe :laugh:

Almost freaked out because I forgot where to add VIP coupon codes. Thankfully I figured it out and snagged a DB.

Just ordered my Bugle a little while ago.  Luckily, I had $25 worth of VIP points ready to be used.  Hopefully enough people buy this set for LEGO to justify further sets to add on it.  I guess we'll have to see how long it takes to sell out.

41 minutes ago, TMNTerrapin said:

Almost freaked out because I forgot where to add VIP coupon codes. Thankfully I figured it out and snagged a DB.

I've been there for sure :grin: The change to redeeming the points, stacking $5 amounts, and then entering codes as opposed to just redeeming the points like was possible a few years ago is the most unnecessary thing ever. I'd like to know the logic behind making it so confusing.

Ordered my backup Bugle online, I'm building the Friends set right now, and I'm ready to pick up my actual one tomorrow morning at the store! I'm really excited, I didn't even realize that it's been two years since I went to the store for a D2C on release day. 

I'm still not sure whether the upcoming Marvel CMF series will be based on the Disney Plus shows. I can see some potential for a FATWS set and Wandavision can also work as a set too. Although there could be a possibility that the upcoming CMF series would be based on the Infinity Saga. But I'm just speculating, so don't take my words for granted. Also I'm disappointed that we never got Stilt-Man in the Daily Bugle. I will not shut up about Stilt- Man until we finally get him.

40 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

I'm still not sure whether the upcoming Marvel CMF series will be based on the Disney Plus shows. I can see some potential for a FATWS set and Wandavision can also work as a set too. Although there could be a possibility that the upcoming CMF series would be based on the Infinity Saga. But I'm just speculating, so don't take my words for granted. Also I'm disappointed that we never got Stilt-Man in the Daily Bugle. I will not shut up about Stilt- Man until we finally get him.

We’ve got multiple sources confirming it with a full list of characters - the cmf will be based on Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki and What If...? 

Happy for everyone who got their orders in. Just checked and it's still in stock in the UK - hopefully it stays that way! 

Out of curiosity: what are the folks who picked up 2 copies of the Bugle planning on doing with their second set?

Well, it doesn't appear that the Bugle is selling out quite as fast as certain Star Wars D2C's have. Now that the stress of ordering my copy is done I'm interested to see how long it takes for this to go into backorder, it's not like there's a wealth of Marvel D2C's to compare it to. Someone will have to report on what the Lego Stores are like today,

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Out of curiosity: what are the folks who picked up 2 copies of the Bugle planning on doing with their second set?

I've bought a double copy many times, for my favorite sets.  I don't think I can do it for the Bugle, but if I could I would.  I can't tell you why, it's a collector's thing I think ... knowing you have one sealed is comforting