Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

My store told me they were getting 40. How early do you think I need to be there to get one? Sorry, I'm quite new at getting sets the day of.

I always try to be there by opening time if possible. Haven't gone to a store on release day since summer 2019 (I think), but I called ahead and the employee told me that lots of people were calling about the Bugle and she predicted they would sell out quickly.

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I always try to be there by opening time if possible. Haven't gone to a store on release day since summer 2019 (I think), but I called ahead and the employee told me that lots of people were calling about the Bugle and she predicted they would sell out quickly.

Good to know. Thank you!

56 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

Just ordered and the limit was 2. hopefully won't take too long to be delivered :excited:

Thanks. Should be all good then

I wish I could pick it up on a store, but here in Spain, the lego stores don't use the VIP program, so I'd be loosing point :(

I guess the S is silent, after all.

16 hours ago, CreeperBrix said:

What about the variants from the Lego Marvel Superheroes videogame? There are at least 200 characters from that game which Lego hasn't made yet.

Well I count the square enix figs as comic variants so from my POV Lego has covered substantial ground for comic designs. We have comic versions of; 

Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Rescue, Falcon, Power Man, Iron Fist, White Tiger, Nova, Spider Gwen, Miles Morales, Spiderman Noir, Spiderham, Ghost Rider (both), Punisher, Daredevil, Firestar, Cyclops, Wolverine, Deadpool, Storm, Ms. Marvel, Nick Fury, Spiderman 2099, Scarlet Spider, Ultimate Spider Girl, and War Machine. 
Edit: and Goliath

As far as teams go, we’re missing the Fantastic Four and Guardians completely in comic form. We’re missing Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision in comic form as well. I didn’t incoude SDCC figures that have not had mass retail launches so count those as well. I still want a squirrel girl. I’d be lying if I said Lego has been sleeping on comic Marvel. Just look at that list of what we have! But I hope in the coming years they fill the gaps of what we’re missing. 

Edited by cosmic

I've never really bought a D2C of this size before, but until now I always thought that something that was worth as much as the Bugle wouldn't sell out quickly because it's not like everyone has $300 USD/$400 CAD to spare. Make no mistake I'm still getting it the minute the clock strikes 12 tonight, but is there really a risk of it selling out in a matter of hours or even minutes if you aren't fast enough?

12 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Is there any GWP set coming out June 1st? Not necesarily Marvel related, just in general. I wouldnt want to miss it.

We have a Shang Chi polybag that's supposed to be coming out at some stage, for those passing on the Shang Chi sets it's an easy way to get Shang Chi. I'd be surprised if we don't wind up with other polybags or promotional aspects later on - especially next year with so many films (And the 10th anniversary of Avengers)

Honestly, I still feel it's better to wait on the sets. Even if the Daily Bugle sold out instantly, it's not intrinsically tied to anything and the set will likely remain in production for around two or three years.

Edited by Scarilian

Only hours left folks! I litterally can`t wait to get two copies of the Daily Bugle delivered by a friendly DHLdriver tomorrow! I haven`t been this excited since the Kwik-e-Mart. Or GBHQ. Or Ninjago City. Or Upside Down. Oh man, so many great sets!

36 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I've never really bought a D2C of this size before, but until now I always thought that something that was worth as much as the Bugle wouldn't sell out quickly because it's not like everyone has $300 USD/$400 CAD to spare. Make no mistake I'm still getting it the minute the clock strikes 12 tonight, but is there really a risk of it selling out in a matter of hours or even minutes if you aren't fast enough?

Nope, large sets often sell out quickly and it's been more common over the past year due to production issues caused by COVID. The Ninjago City Gardens set sold out in a couple of days back in January and as far as I know hasn't been steadily in stock again, although it might have come back for a few hours or days. I don't think the Bugle will sell out in minutes, but I fully expect it to be sold out in the 11 hours between it going up online and my local store opening, which is why I'm ordering online as a backup in case the store sells out. 

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Nope, large sets often sell out quickly and it's been more common over the past year due to production issues caused by COVID. The Ninjago City Gardens set sold out in a couple of days back in January and as far as I know hasn't been steadily in stock again, although it might have come back for a few hours or days. I don't think the Bugle will sell out in minutes, but I fully expect it to be sold out in the 11 hours between it going up online and my local store opening, which is why I'm ordering online as a backup in case the store sells out. 

I think it took about a week for Diagon Alley to seek out, but it only took like a couple hours for the cantina. It’s kinda hard to gauge with these things.

What a surprise, the website doesnt work

Edited by PGBQW

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

What a surprise, the website doesnt work

It works, but the Daily Bugle is not available even we have passed 01:00 CEST... Omg!!

Website is working for me, however it's now 00:02 and the Daily Bugle isn't showing as available to buy yet.

23:59 felt like such a long minute :laugh:

Keep refreshing the page but it won't give me option to buy it

Okay, so it isnt just me.

Cool, at least we're all even hahah

Luckily they've updated the promo banner/carousel on the home page though, advertising that it's available to buy.

I have to get up in 7 hours, so I hope it doesnt take much longer

Honestly, I would not be surprised if it winds up getting some exclusive polybag with the full release of the set on June 1st that we just did not know about prior. So I'd still suggest caution in rushing to get the set today :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Honestly, I would not be surprised if it winds up getting some exclusive polybag with the full release of the set on June 1st that we just did not know about prior. So I'd still suggest caution in rushing to get the set today :shrug_oh_well:

Please don't put more fears on my mind

Does that have any precedent?

Edited by PGBQW

This is so out of order from LEGO. If you advertise that you are putting a product live at a ridiculous time, then you make damn sure that it goes live at that time. What a waste of everyone's time.

1 minute ago, ReZourceman said:

This is so out of order from LEGO. If you advertise that you are putting a product live at a ridiculous time, then you make damn sure that it goes live at that time. What a waste of everyone's time.

you have a point its more or less false advertising 

2 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

Totally agree! This is NOT okey!!

There's also no messaging, no communications, seemingly no way to contact them immediately to see what the situation is. So what are supposed to do? I'm sure a lot of us have jobs to go to in the morning, we can't just stay up for hours, hoping it will be added. This is really not good service at all.