Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And we still haven't seen how Deviants look in the movieĀ :look:

While it's not exactly a clear look at 1:28 you can see what appears to be the legs of the Deviant from the set with Gilgamesh, Thena and Makkari.

Ok I'm in love with this trailer. Bring me the sets!!!!

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

While it's not exactly a clear look at 1:28 you can see what appears to be the legs of the Deviant from the set with Gilgamesh, Thena and Makkari.

They look much scarier than I expected (at least from that one shot)

24 minutes ago, TakeaBrick said:

As time goes on, there will come an occasion whereas a superhero movie would win Oscar Best Picture. It gotta be a MCU movie. We just don't know which one it is gonna be. Eternals is a strong candidate as it is directed by Chloe Zhao who just freaking won the Best Director award. Her movie Nomadland also won the freaking Best Picture.

Ā 

If DC ever gets their act together and does another Dark Knight-level movie they could win but I highly doubt that'll happen if Joker didn't win.Ā 

46 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Great catch! I want to see them in their full glory tho.

46 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

It was cool to see a brief appearance of KitĀ Harrington. I have my doubts but I hope we get to see him as Black Knight in this movie.

I wouldn't count on it... there are rumours that we might just see him looking at his suit in a post-credit scene.

55 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Haha I wouldnā€™t count on it.

Sure...Ā 

Seriously tho, it definitely will be one of MCU's highest rated movies - if not the highest.

35 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

If DC ever gets their act together and does another Dark Knight-level movie they could win but I highly doubt that'll happen if Joker didn't win.Ā 

The Batman would like a word with you...

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't count on it... there are rumours that we might just see him looking at his suit in a post-credit scene.

I wouldn't count much on those "rumors." Although it's possible we may not see Dane suit up, I find it hard to imagine Marvel introducing a character like Black Knight in a film that doesn't need himĀ if he isn't going toĀ suit up, or at the very least wield the Ebony Blade.

2 hours ago, TakeaBrick said:

It is already Oscar Best Picture material. a RT score of at least 90%. Mark my words.Ā 

The dialogue doesn't give me hope, but it's visually gorgeous, by far the best the MCU has ever looked - I could see it getting a cinematography nom.

On the bright side, Spider-man NWH trailer should be the next thing... probably in early June. That should provide more to discuss xD

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Haha I wouldnā€™t count on it.

Yeah, after the plot leak Eternals is something I'm staying clear ofĀ :look:

Even so the trailer did nothing for me. It really needed something like with Guardians Of The Galaxy where you are introduced to each character.

In terms of Lego, definitely feel the spaceship is not the right colours - too bright and blue (unless the Spaceship has a power-up mode with blue)

Edited by Scarilian

10 minutes ago, ood0 said:

The dialogue doesn't give me hope, but it's visually gorgeous, by far the best the MCU has ever looked - I could see it getting a cinematography nom.

It's written by Chloe Zhao, and her movie just won Best Picture and Best Director, so you shouldn't be too worried about dialogues I think.

Just now, Scarilian said:

On the bright side, Spider-man NWH trailer should be the next thing... probably in early June. That should provide more to discuss xD

After the plot leak Eternals is something I'm staying clear ofĀ :look: Even so the trailer did nothing for me. It really needed something like with Guardians Of The Galaxy where you are introduced to each character.

In terms of Lego, definitely feel the spaceship is not the right colours - too bright and blue (unless the Spaceship has a power-up mode with blue)

Ā 

I agree that this plot leak sounded so weak, but I hope it's just on paper. I'm not too worried by it tbh.

I hope they really give us a NWH trailer on Holland's birthday in 8 days, that would be so perfect...

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree that this plot leak sounded so weak, but I hope it's just on paper. I'm not too worried by it tbh.

I read it, I think it sounds pretty good. As always though, the execution could make or break it. Also MAJOR FILM SPOILERSĀ (not off topic, it's about the sets)

Spoiler

Last spoiler warning!

Spoiler

It's weird that they're including a character who will apparently be dead the entire movie in one of the most expensive sets as a draw I guess. Idk, maybe they will have a bigger part in flashbacks or something.Ā 

Bigger plot spoilers:

Ā 

It's also weird that the Celestial they made is barely in the movie? You think they would make the one who's the main threat of the film, but I suppose they never appear in their entirety so maybe that's why.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by ood0

14 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I read it, I think it sounds pretty good. As always though, the execution could make or break it. Also MAJOR FILM SPOILERSĀ (not off topic, it's about the sets)

If "MAJOR FILM SPOILERS"Ā is something you have to put in your comment talking about a yet-to-be-released film you should reallyĀ ask yourself wether or not you should post it in the first place. I can only speak for myself butĀ seeing people talk about these thingsĀ and knowing full well that it's just a matter of time before someone slips up and drops a major spoiler without warning really annoys me. And I highly doubt I'm the only one.

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

If "MAJOR FILM SPOILERS"Ā is something you have to put in your comment talking about a yet-to-be-released film you should reallyĀ ask yourself wether or not you should post it in the first place. I can only speak for myself butĀ seeing people talk about these thingsĀ and knowing full well that it's just a matter of time before someone slips up and drops a major spoiler without warning really annoys me. And I highly doubt I'm the only one.

Couldn't agree more.

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Agreed. This is a LEGO discussion forum, not Reddit's r/MCUleaks. We've seen the sets, we've seen thus trailer, so go ahead and compare the two. Don't need to read through potential spoilers or film theories, hidden or not

Ā 

Just like Shang Chi's trailer, this does nothing to give much context to the sets. Granted they are only teaser trailers, but other than the flying dorito, we don't see any Deviants or Celestials here. Still disappointed they couldn't fit Dane Whitman into a set, even if he is just a civilian. Would prefer that to 2 Sersi's, 2 Makkaris, 2 Thena's and 3 Ikaris' (Ikari?). Really don't need that many duplicates. Probably could've just got rid of one of the two smaller sets and give either Sprite or Gilgamesh in a bigger one. Plus the Deviant in the smallest set is almost the same as the one in the Celestial set

27 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Spoiler tags exist for a reason.

He put it in spoiler tags, so I don't see what problem you've got. And he's actually talking about the sets, and some weird choices they might have made.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He put it in spoiler tags, so I don't see what problem you've got. And he's actually talking about the sets, and some weird choices they might have made.

I just glanced over the comment, and it was certainly relevant to the sets.Ā I have to agree with you on this one.

Edited by Brickroll

5 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Don't need to read through potential spoilers or film theories, hidden or not

Ā 

Ā 

Thsi sentence is really dumb... it's hidden, that's why you don't have to read anything...

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

I just glanced over the comment, and it was certainly relevant to the sets.Ā I have to agree with you on this one.

Exactly what I'm saying. It's not like he was writing spoilers for spoilers sake.

32 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Why in the hell are we talking about plot leaks and film spoilers on Eurobricks...

Because we are discussing sets based on movies...

45 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Ā  Hide contents

Last spoiler warning!

Ā  Hide contents

It's weird that they're including a character who will apparently be dead the entire movie in one of the most expensive sets as a draw I guess. Idk, maybe they will have a bigger part in flashbacks or something.Ā 

Bigger plot spoilers:

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

It's also weird that the Celestial they made is barely in the movie? You think they would make the one who's the main threat of the film, but I suppose they never appear in their entirety so maybe that's why.

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah I don't necessarily think the plot itself sounded weak, it might have been just the way it was written by that person.Ā 

If we got a detailed description I might have thought it was amazing.

But as you've said, it all comes down to execution, and I truly believe in Chloe Zhao.

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

It was cool to see a brief appearance of KitĀ Harrington. I have my doubts but I hope we get to see him as Black Knight in this movie.

Is he the one who said he can lead the Avengers at the end of the trailer?

4 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

That was Ikaris, played by Richard Madden.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Nah, that's Ikaris played by Richard Madden.

He appeared in a single shot with Gemma Chan's Sersi right before the shot of people looking at the sky in the park.

No, that's Richard Madden, aka Robb Stark in Game of Thrones. Kit Harrington is the actor of Jon Snow in Game of Thrones.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But the movie isn't even out yet, and it invites comments from yourself like "the plot itself soundedļ»æ weakļ»æ" which isn't spoiler tagged but is still somewhat revealing. I don't know what the official stance on this is from the mods, but if you want to have a discussion about plot leaks, whether it's related to the LEGO sets or not, this doesn't seem like the place for it.

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

But the movie isn't even out yet, and it invites comments from yourself like "the plot itself soundedļ»æ weakļ»æ" which isn't spoiler tagged but is still somewhat revealing. I don't know what the official stance on this is from the mods, but if you want to have a discussion about plot leaks, whether it's related to the LEGO sets or not, this doesn't seem like the place for it.

Exactly this.

17 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

We were discussing plot elements in terms of inclusion of certain thingsĀ in 2021 LEGO MARVEL SETS.

Jesus, no spoilers (not even slight) were revealed, there were spoiler tags.

Also, "the plot itself soundedļ»æ weakļ»æ" which isn't spoiler tagged but is still somewhat revealing.Ā I- I can't. Some people are just beyond human understanding.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, "the plot itself soundedļ»æ weakļ»æ" which isn't spoiler tagged but is still somewhat revealing.Ā I- I can't. Some people are just beyond human understanding. ļ»æ

Clearly I'm not the only one that thinks it, so let's just agree to disagree. If the mods say it's fine, then I'll let it be and tread more carefully. Also, no need to call people out just because they disagree with you.

I say itā€™s not fineā€”or rather just not really relevant!

There is no reason to be discussing leaked film plot elements here, regardless of them being in spoiler tags or not. It will only invite such information to be openly discussed, which no one wants.Ā 

Please take film discussion over to Culture & Multimediaā€”this thread is for Lego set discussion.

Thanks!Ā :thumbup: