Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Wow... just wow...

Final Battle: 

• US $70...
  • Germany 90 Euro
  • Norway 120 Euro (USD 146!!!)

That is just beyond ridiculous...

Scandinavian neighbour here, was 100% prepared to outshine you there but Sweden apparently gets off easy with a 106 Euro (128 USD) price tag; practically a bargain!

Like, it's beyond ridicule and reason; VAT is one thing but I see nothing to justify these absolutely disgusting price differences Lego can suddenly decide to pump out other than to skim some extra, there is not even close to +100 USD worth of stuff in that set.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's a printed glow in the dark piece :wink:

It's not, you can see the sticker on the stickersheet from that Korean leak.

20 minutes ago, hvader said:

Is the advent calendar info real? It sounds like a horrible set lol

It does sound terrible but none of this info is new is it?

28 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I saw some new info on the variants of the figures and was disappointed to see the return of 2020 variants...

26 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Just checked Instagram and all the information going round at the minute is the exact same information we had months ago.

Nothing new to see here, move along 

storm_trooper.gif?1526741134

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

I saw some new info on the variants of the figures and was disappointed to see the return of 2020 variants...

Where did you find this?

1 hour ago, PavillionDweller said:

Scandinavian neighbour here, was 100% prepared to outshine you there but Sweden apparently gets off easy with a 106 Euro (128 USD) price tag; practically a bargain!

Hah yeah, I know Sweden has gotten worse deals than Norway in past, but it's been a few years since I compared with those prices. 106 Euro is still a shitty deal though. It is getting really hard to justify buying these sets, usually there is just a few figures I would like. Luckily the Daily Bugle didn't get the same treatment, and that's the only must have set for me (although I do really like the Benatar too).

47 minutes ago, doclord said:

Where did you find this?

The usual place on Instagram

1 hour ago, doclord said:

Where did you find this?

It only really says what we already knew. Iron Man (Christmas sweater) and Spider Man (yellow jacket) are new, all the others will be repeats

29 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

It only really says what we already knew. Iron Man (Christmas sweater) and Spider Man (yellow jacket) are new, all the others will be repeats

I really thought the other figs will be MCU versions (especially Thanos. I thought he would be a repeat from Sanctuary). I guess I expected too much

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

Hah yeah, I know Sweden has gotten worse deals than Norway in past, but it's been a few years since I compared with those prices. 106 Euro is still a shitty deal though. It is getting really hard to justify buying these sets, usually there is just a few figures I would like. Luckily the Daily Bugle didn't get the same treatment, and that's the only must have set for me (although I do really like the Benatar too).

Always figured it was just the Danes getting back at the Swedes for past transgressions. :laugh_hard: Same on the figures, try to justify some sets as "Eh, good parts pack" if I find them cheaper than Lego's own asking price but there's not even that here. Wouldn't surprise me if they figure that this set will be on a lot of childrens' wish lists this year and priced it accordingly. But, yeah, the bigger D2C sets and the likes are usually (in our case at least) and luckily a lot fairer in terms of price difference; the rare times you see a price to part ratio below 1 krona. Definitely going for the Bugle.

Is Firestar the same color as Reverse Flash? I’m wondering if he ever gets dual molded legs if I can repurpose them for her. It looks to me they are very close in color hopefully we get reverse flash in an affordable set then have his leg piece become available through BAM so I can affordably give Firestar new legs. Manifesting this lol

28 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Is Firestar the same color as Reverse Flash? I’m wondering if he ever gets dual molded legs if I can repurpose them for her. It looks to me they are very close in color hopefully we get reverse flash in an affordable set then have his leg piece become available through BAM so I can affordably give Firestar new legs. Manifesting this lol

she looks like she's flame orange

37 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Think it’s the same colour, yeah, but I wouldn’t count on Reverse Flash ever getting dual moulded legs. He just isn’t important enough. Maybe if they’d made him in 2016, when they were giving everyone dual moulding . . 

On 5/17/2021 at 11:21 PM, Legocity2713 said:

Yeah some guy a bunch of pages back said he wanted some "cleavage" printed on the figure like in the comics when I'm pretty sure he just meant he wanted some skin/neck to show like they do for Black Widow figures because its the more iconic look that is in probably 95% of Black Cat art and media. This whole thread threw a fit about it because he misused the word/didn't explain his thoughts all that eloquently or effectively. I'm fairly certain that no ones being creepy about Lego figures of all things.

I completely understand what you mean, there's just nothing that differentiates her too much from the many purist customs I've seen using the latest Catwoman torso. Still a great figure though.

I have similar thoughts on the Daredevil fig. He's everything I've always wanted and more but something still feels sliiiigghtly off. As if the face printing is too small for the size of the head. It mostly feels this way around his eyes in certain angles. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Yeah no I think you're right that that guy just worded it weird, which is what I was trying to avoid by being as vague as "inaccurate torso area". Like you said, the torso looks too similar to a catwoman torso with the changes made.

I think daredevil just doesn't translate well printed onto a lego head. I almost feel that a molded helmet part could be better for, like, the netflix version, though I think the printed head is still better for the comics version. I really like the daredevil fig, same as I like the punisher and black cat figs, they just have these minor flaws. (I don't know if anyone else has said punisher's face doesn't look angry enough? I personally don't care as I've been using Kili's face for my punisher purist custom for years and am just going to swap it out).  Again, still amazing figures and an amazing set.

In fact, this set is so good it might be the most expensive lego set I've ever purchased if I do pull the trigger on it. I've got a job interview tomorrow, I think if it goes well and they hire me I'll get the set. (I should clarify I'm in the late teens, not an unemployed grown man dropping $300 on lego) :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Think it’s the same colour, yeah, but I wouldn’t count on Reverse Flash ever getting dual moulded legs. He just isn’t important enough. Maybe if they’d made him in 2016, when they were giving everyone dual moulding . . 

He's the flash's main villain now, isn't he? Cold was the silver age villain but now it's "It was me, Barry". Though given their reliance on batman sets, being the flash's main enemy may not be enough. Maybe we'll get them from Build A Minifig someday.

46 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Idk Lego isn’t very predictable with who gets new moulds or new prints. I wasn’t expecting a new mould for Captain Marvel last year or Rocket this year but here we are. I was expecting leg print for at least Shuri but we got it with Groot instead. I would have expected solid legs for Starlord based on how lazy lego was with other figures. Never say never.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah no I think you're right that that guy just worded it weird, which is what I was trying to avoid by being as vague as "inaccurate torso area". Like you said, the torso looks too similar to a catwoman torso with the changes made.

I think daredevil just doesn't translate well printed onto a lego head. I almost feel that a molded helmet part could be better for, like, the netflix version, though I think the printed head is still better for the comics version. I really like the daredevil fig, same as I like the punisher and black cat figs, they just have these minor flaws. (I don't know if anyone else has said punisher's face doesn't look angry enough? I personally don't care as I've been using Kili's face for my punisher purist custom for years and am just going to swap it out).  Again, still amazing figures and an amazing set.

In fact, this set is so good it might be the most expensive lego set I've ever purchased if I do pull the trigger on it. I've got a job interview tomorrow, I think if it goes well and they hire me I'll get the set. (I should clarify I'm in the late teens, not an unemployed grown man dropping $300 on lego) :laugh:

He's the flash's main villain now, isn't he? Cold was the silver age villain but now it's "It was me, Barry". Though given their reliance on batman sets, being the flash's main enemy may not be enough. Maybe we'll get them from Build A Minifig someday.

Personally Daredevil works amazing for me. I don’t know how likely it is for dual molded legs to become available through BAM(I know printed legs have but idk about dual molded solid colors. That said I would be ecstatic to see her legs become available through that means.

27 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I don’t know how likely it is for dual molded legs to become available through BAM(I know printed legs have but idk about dual molded solid colors.

There have been a fair number of solid-colour, unprinted dual-moulded legs at BAM, but there's really no way to predict what will pop up there next.

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

There have been a fair number of solid-colour, unprinted dual-moulded legs at BAM, but there's really no way to predict what will pop up there next.

As long as there’s a precedence of dual molded legs becoming available in new colors through BAM I will cross my fingers. Considering it would work well for 2 different superhero characters I pray it happens.

6 hours ago, hvader said:

I really thought the other figs will be MCU versions (especially Thanos. I thought he would be a repeat from Sanctuary). I guess I expected too much

This guy doesn't have any info, he just assumed they would be repeats. 

We actually have no idea which variants those characters will be tho.

On the topic of dual-molded legs, while I think Daredevil doesn't need anything more, I do think it would've been cool to get some red/dark red arms/hands, and red/dark red legs. Just to break him up. But he's a fantastic figure regardless.

Yellow legs and red boots. I want them. They should make just a dual moulded legs set. Not only for Firestar, but also for comic Iron Man (that miniracer iron man).

speaking of Firestar. I can see them totally making her and Iceman for a Spider-Man Duplo set next year. Just like they did with Classic Electro. Just to piss us off/giving us false hope or something

6 hours ago, Borex said:

Yellow legs and red boots. I want them. They should make just a dual moulded legs set. Not only for Firestar, but also for comic Iron Man (that miniracer iron man).

speaking of Firestar. I can see them totally making her and Iceman for a Spider-Man Duplo set next year. Just like they did with Classic Electro. Just to piss us off/giving us false hope or something

I just realized... are yellow legs even possible from BFA? Because it would make for naked minifigs.