Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

39 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Another satisfied customer, glad you also liked it. I'm also open to any suggestions if anyone has them for any of the head/torso replacements I mentioned FYI. 

The Elrond head for either Punisher or Sandman. 2015's Sandman used that head, and it kind of works. Or the alt clone face which had a smirk instead of a permanent scowl (for Sandman).

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1222&idColor=90

(Sandman suggestion)

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb0753&idColor=90

(Mirkwood Elf head, not Elrond's)

Edited by ARC2149Nova

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Man, if all these rumours about MCU Spider-Man 3 turn out to be true then it's gonna be a way worse movie than Raimi's Spider-Man 3.

Yeah, with every rumour I become less and more excited for this movie at the same time.

When I watch it in theaters, I'll have a blast. It will be an event, and I'll love it. But the moment I come out of theatre and I realise how bad of a movie it is, and how instead of making a Spider-Man on the run story they decided to bring everyone back...

23 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

The Elrond head for either Punisher or Sandman. 2015's Sandman used that head, and it kind of works. Or the alt clone face which had a smirk instead of a permanent scowl (for Sandman).

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1222&idColor=90

(Sandman suggestion)

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb0753&idColor=90

(Mirkwood Elf head, not Elrond's)

Hmm, I'm liking that alt clone head with the smirk. I know the 2015 Sandman used the Mirkwood Elf face, but that always looked off to me. Now I just need to hope that Norman Osborn eventually gets made into a minifigure with that hairpiece so that Sandman can finally have some accurate hair too for once.

2 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Now I just need to hope that Norman Osborn eventually gets made into a minifigure with that hairpiece so that Sandman can finally have some accurate hair too for once.

The slicked back hair already exists in dark brown though.

3 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Robbie Robertson: His face is getting changed from old Lando to young Nick Fury/Cyborg's since he's never had a mustache. The torso is going too since he's always worn a vest with a tie (why is he wearing a sweater in an office anyways?). Only problem is that I haven't been able to find the right torso for that yet.

Would Ernie Prang's torso work?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb3674c01&name=Torso Sweater, Medium Nougat Chevrons, Tan Shirt and Black Tie Pattern / Tan Arms / Light Nougat Hands&category=[Minifigure, Torso Assembly, Decor.]#T=C&C=155

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Peter Parker: I'm thinking of switching his head for something else as I'm sick of the MCU Peter Parker/Scott Lang face, especially since this is supposed to be a comics set and not an MCU set.

I'd really love to hear what heads people use for their Peter Parkers. I've been using the 2011 Neville Longbottom head since the theme started

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

Personally hope the next one we get is the Avengers Tower/Stark Tower (are they also the same building in the comics?) with some obscure characters. Mrs Marvel Carol Danvers (yes the Gamora hairpiece would actually work for her lol), classic Hawkeye, Namor, who knows. Personally really hoping this is the beginning of a Marvel modular series similar to creator and Ninjago. 

An Avengers Tower modular would be interesting because the comic and film versions are so different. In fact, the film version only appears in the comics twice to my knowledge, once in an alt-future and once in the background after being sold off. 

I assume that's still the design Lego would use were they to make the building, but then would it be MCU figures only? That would make a lot of fans happy. But conversely would they want to keep the modular comic focused. In which case would the build end up looking more like the Spider-Man PS4 version, or just the original tall, plain building with the jazzy Sentry tower/Asgardian outpost on the top? 

Personally I hope they explore other buildings first because I've been trying to perfect my own for a while now, so if I finally finish my version and they announce their own I'll be a bit peeved haha :ugh:

As for changes to minifigures, there are some good ideas on here already. My plans were to change Gwen's hair to the aforementioned Supergirl friends hairpiece if I can get a hold of it. 

For Punisher, I've bought the Ethan Hunt torso so I'll swap the arms and give him different legs (with some sort of holster of straps) for a more modern look. 

Considering swapping Jonah's hair for the OG Doctor Strange hairpiece. 

Changing Robbie's face to something else due to the mustache. 

Give Blade a hairpiece. Probably the slicked back one. 

And I may give Miles the mid legs, and potentially remove the head and hood and give him a face (I think I have a few Finn heads lying around) for a civilian look. 

Edited by SEmrys

10 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

And I may give Miles the mid legs, and potentially remove the head and hood and give him a face (I think I have a few Finn heads lying around) for a civilian look. 

Black mid legs work very well for Miles

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Black mid legs work very well for Miles

Which is good because those are the only ones I have! Haha

I thought they would get more use in the Spider-Man line when they were introduced tbh. 

Pete and Miles always being the same height doesn't sit right with me. 

Edited by SEmrys

3 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Pete and Miles always being the same height doesn't sit right with me.

I wish they'd make dual-moulded mid legs for MCU Spidey, I think he could be so much better with it (after all he was 14-15 in Civil War and 17 in Infinity War/Endgame/FFH)
Maybe he won't be better but I'd like to see it!

3 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Now I just need to hope that Norman Osborn eventually gets made into a minifigure with that hairpiece so that Sandman can finally have some accurate hair too for once.

In the meantime, that new monochrome figure set seems to include the Finn hair in reddish brown, which may be a reasonable compromise for now (iirc, it's only in black & nougat right now).

1 minute ago, ARC2149Nova said:

In the meantime, that new monochrome figure set seems to include the Finn hair in reddish brown, which may be a reasonable compromise for now (iirc, it's only in black & nougat right now).

Also in dark brown from Dean Thomas and the Roman Gladiator.

Don't think anyone has brought it up yet but Mark Stafford also talked about why the Infinity Saga sets were made and why Black Panther has no legprinting: 

"COVID-19 delayed all the new movies and therefore the sets based on them, so we needed some sets to replace them. We had tons of ideas around the Infinity Saga as when we design most sets we are working only from concept art that Marvel are willing to share. The final movies include scenes or vehicles that look different. It was great to revisit them and we worked with Marvel to choose ideas and heroes that were desirable. I was jealous of Ed and Chris for working on the Guardians of the Galaxy's ship. I love building spaceships. Black Panther didn't get leg prints because his legs are pretty much black with no real details so we could save this print 'box' for another location."

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Don't think anyone has brought it up yet but Mark Stafford also talked about why the Infinity Saga sets were made and why Black Panther has no legprinting: 

"COVID-19 delayed all the new movies and therefore the sets based on them, so we needed some sets to replace them. We had tons of ideas around the Infinity Saga as when we design most sets we are working only from concept art that Marvel are willing to share. The final movies include scenes or vehicles that look different. It was great to revisit them and we worked with Marvel to choose ideas and heroes that were desirable. I was jealous of Ed and Chris for working on the Guardians of the Galaxy's ship. I love building spaceships. Black Panther didn't get leg prints because his legs are pretty much black with no real details so we could save this print 'box' for another location."

Huh so sounds like these sets may have been designed pretty quickly, similar to the 2015 Justice League wave after BvS was delayed.

Funny how some of Lego's best superhero waves were designed the fastest. 

I really hope the Daily Bugle leads to more Marvel Modular sets. 

I'd love to see Avenger's Tower, Oscorp, The Baxter Building, Nelson and Murdock's Law firm, The Raft and to tie into Doctor Strange 2 next year the Sanctum Sanctorum.

One thing I noticed in a YouTube review was that they said the technic pins don't line up correctly to the other city modular sets, could this actually help hint at future Marvel modulars to?.

34 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s the 19th, and still no official images on s@h :tongue:

If it's the regular reveal hour, we've got a little over 20 minutes to go.

If it's yesterday's Gauntlet time, we have a little over 4 hours and 20 minutes.

I guess we'll just have to wait...

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

This kinda makes me sad...that if there was no covid then revisiting the older MCU sets would not have happened or that the idea of doing sets based on older films never crossed their minds.

or did i read that wrong. 

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

"COVID-19 delayed all the new movies and therefore the sets based on them, so we needed some sets to replace them. [...]"

2 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

This kinda makes me sad...that if there was no covid then revisiting the older MCU sets would not have happened or that the idea of doing sets based on older films never crossed their minds.

or did i read that wrong. 

That's my impression too, The Infinity Saga was created out of necessity, not intent. This means we'll never get another wave of this kind? Marvel Legends already had a 10th anniversary wave in 2018, with the principle of revisiting old movies. Let's see if there is a 10th anniversary LEGO wave in 2022. Perhaps this 2021 wave sells like hotcakes and LEGO realizes revisiting old movies is worth it!

3 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

That's my impression too, The Infinity Saga was created out of necessity, not intent. This means we'll never get another wave of this kind? Marvel Legends already had a 10th anniversary wave in 2018, with the principle of revisiting old movies. Let's see if there is a 10th anniversary LEGO wave in 2022. Perhaps this 2021 wave sells like hotcakes and LEGO realizes revisiting old movies is worth it!

Mark did say the team had tons of ideas so I think the likelyhood of a second wave all depends on how well the first wave performs.

If it's today, it might be in 4 hours when Infinity Gauntlet was revealed.

But at this point I truly believe they won't officially acknowledge that they exist, they'll just randomly put them up on shop@home June 1st...

10 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Official images are up on Shop@Home, but still no New Asgard or Sanctuary II 😥

And the wait continues :sadnew:

10 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Official images are up on Shop@Home, but still no New Asgard or Sanctuary II 😥

So it looks like they’re August releases after all :shrug_oh_well: Korg’s headpiece then joins the likes of Trudgen’s head and that Trolls worm guy’s head as a curiously early leak :purrr:

They…released…images…how…exciting…we definitely didn’t see these…two…weeks…ago…:hmpf: