Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How are Europeans supposed to order it if they have no idea when they'll get it :wacko:

June 1

Not sure if I’m late to the party here, but LEGO have stealth dropped the Infinity Gauntlet for pre-order on S@H

EDIT: Nvm I have just seen they posted it on social media 

Edited by TheLEGOChap

8 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

June 1

Yeah I know it, but people who actually follow all the news are a small minority of people who pre-order sets on shop@home.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah I know it, but people who actually follow all the news are a small minority of people who pre-order sets on shop@home.

No, no, I meant it already says it on Shop at Home. At least on the Spanish website.

Edited by PGBQW

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No idea where you live but the Dutch S@H does show the date. 

Hachiroku24 just uploaded a video showing how, just like Mark Stafford said in the AMA, you can fix up the exploded window without any extra pieces. I've gotta say I really like how the building looks without that broken window, though the explosion does make it feel more alive. 

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I think the reality is that Lego turned around and said no to aspects such as the Fantastic Four OR X-Men. They probably did not want the OG Sinister Six in a single set as it encourages multi-purchases to have them seperated out OR keep fans hooked waiting for a specific figure (Electro).

I think it's mostly not what Lego said no to but what Disney/Marvel said no to.

17 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

No, no, I meant it already says it on Shop at Home. At least on the Spanish website.

17 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

No idea where you live but the Dutch S@H does show the date. 

I checked German and Polish shop, both of them just say "pre-order it now".

I've no idea why some of them have the date and other do not tho.

5 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I think it's mostly not what Lego said no to but what Disney/Marvel said no to.

I don't personally see why Disney/Marvel would prevent Lego including pre-existing figures in a big set in regards to the OG Sinister Six stuff. The rest... perhaps.

15 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Hachiroku24 just uploaded a video showing how, just like Mark Stafford said in the AMA, you can fix up the exploded window without any extra pieces. I've gotta say I really like how the building looks without that broken window, though the explosion does make it feel more alive.

I still feel the building looks a bit generic, skyscrapers have never really been my thing in terms of builds - but it could fit well with a cityscape.

I feel the explosion adds character, but it is appreciated you can fix the building up without extra pieces. If I were to ever get the set chances are I'd change it so Green Goblin is breaking through the Window though and move that segment of the wall up to JJJ's office to somewhat replicate this scene, with the alternate facial expression you can even have Peter web his mouth closed.

The exploding window is one of my favourite aspects of this set :wub: I just love dynamic scenes like that, which are usually reserved for vignettes like some of the SDCC sets

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I checked German and Polish shop, both of them just say "pre-order it now".

I've no idea why some of them have the date and other do not tho.

The French Store indicates June 1 too.

4 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

While the Bugle might not be the Flatiron Building from the Raimi Trilogy, the amount of references with the newspaper prints showed that it still had a big influence on the set, which I love. Even the Goblin picture on the "Times Scare!" print looks like the same as that Green Goblin pose from one of the posters that I put next to it for comparison.

And I know the "Spider-Man No More!" print is based on the image from the original comic of the suit in the trash, but I'm counting it as well since it was used as a headline in Spider-Man 2.

The first Raimi SM movie is still my all-time favourite SM movie, so really happy seeing some references to it

8 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Wow, so many civilians! Gwen is the only truly dissapointing, because she has an iconic look (but I guess they imply that's the Ghost-spider alter ego, not the original one). Robbie Robertson would be better with his hairpiece in gray.

Fun fact: Bernie the cab driver is a character from Incredible Hulk #221 (they even got the right kind of hat piece). Now that's obscure!

bernie_cab_driver.jpg

Yeah, especially considering he only ever appeared once :laugh:

8 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Dont forget Josie's Bar and Fogwell's Gym for smaller building that could make up one Modular or added on as an extra to another.

Great idea! Also, another small set could be Chikara Dojo that comes with Steel Serpent. Something that won't happen, but one that would make me happy is a small Rand Corporation set. Would love just some stickers/printed tiles to build my own modular

8 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I wonder if part of the rationale behind creating this set is to encourage Marvel display builders to buy Modular sets. And then those people will want to populate the displays with appropriate figs, so they buy other licensed themes for fig parts. This is how you turn a Marvel fan buying Lego into an AFOL.

That is a good point. I started by buying only superhero sets when I found out I was going to be a dad (didn't own a LEGO set in my life before then). Realised that we needed some buildings as the superhero line is vehicle centric, so bought some modulars and some Friends sets for building parts. Then got some Star Wars and Harry Potter sets for filling the scenes. I then either bin/sell/give away the HP/SW/Friends parts that I am not interested in

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Main issue I have with a potential series of Marvel Modulars is that I find so funny and bizarre to think every single iconic Marvel building is next to each other in the same street

Depends how they are displayed. Some of the modulars are very easy to modify into NYC styled buildings and then there is also Firehouse. I think it is a good start for a NYC styled display. Personally, I think it would make a nice change from seeing everyone's own city with the same 12 modulars. I am busy building my own "Brick York", so have had to modify some of the modulars into a more NYC style, but have skipped on a very large portion of them as they are just too European city styled.

I thought we were getting a working elevator when I saw the doors but nawwww, the good thing is that they placed them in the back so maybe it’s do able to add your own later on!!! I for one is kind of disappointed we didn’t get an Electro figure but that’s about it

13 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

Depends how they are displayed.

It doesnt depend on how they're displayed if you only get the Marvel Modulars

So...is there any possibility that Lego ends up making an updated sticker sheet down the line that fixes the spelling mistake with the TV screen sticker to Curt Connors instead of Kurt Connors or am I just getting my hopes up?

5 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

So...is there any possibility that Lego ends up making an updated sticker sheet down the line that fixes the spelling mistake with the TV screen sticker to Curt Connors instead of Kurt Connors or am I just getting my hopes up?

Lego has changed sets after they were released, but I doubt that they will do for a relatively small thing.

15 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Lego has changed sets after they were released, but I doubt that they will do for a relatively small thing.

Best case scenario, they send us another sticker for free and we get to have 2 screens to MOC our city

I have no idea who is Spider-Ham? Is that Spider-Man who loves eating hams or wha? And I have no idea bout Ghost Spider either. 

Anyways, I’m blown by the  image of the Daily Bugle set! Great minifigure selection but I wish it should include Scorpion, Electro, Vulture,  and Mary Jane Watson. 

8 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I don't think Lego is even aware of the problem of the misspelled screen honestly at the moment.

Well I sort of called them today and brought it up, the guy said I was the first person to even mention it. He said he'll pass it on, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if he really did.

Edited by TheBatstan

12 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have no idea who is Spider-Ham? Is that Spider-Man who loves eating hams or wha? And I have no idea bout Ghost Spider either. 

Spider-Ham: The Spider-Man from an alternate universe where everyone is a cartoon animal. He's a pig.

Ghost Spider: Spider-Gwen

1 minute ago, TheBatstan said:

Well I sort of called them today and brought it up, the guy said I was the first person to even mention it. He said he'll pass it on, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if he really did.

Or if he even has the power to get it to someone who will be able to make a decision about it.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The way that YouTube video transitions to another scene (I won’t spoil) at the end is just hilarious

51 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Oh wow I didn't see that, great eye man.

I don't know if anyone knows the comics well enough to answer this but was Doc Connors ever involved in the Clone Saga? To my knowledge he wasn't, I feel like that was the mainly the Jackal's doing.

5 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Oh wow I didn't see that, great eye man.

I don't know if anyone knows the comics well enough to answer this but was Doc Connors ever involved in the Clone Saga? To my knowledge he wasn't, I feel like that was the mainly the Jackal's doing.

From Lizard's page on Marvel Wiki;

The Original Clone Saga

When Peter Parker was not sure if he was the original Peter Parker or just the clone with the memories of the original, he went to Doc Connors to perform a test. However when the results arrived he tore them up not wanting to know the results.