Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

So one of the reasons kingpin wasn’t included in the final design was because the designer thought of him as a Daredevil villain and the set was all about spidey

Someone needs a Disney+ subscription, or some DVDs of the 90s Spider-Man TV show.

I was curious to see what kind of compound you could build with both the new and old versions so I came up with a larger model and I've attached the photo and I think it looks quite good. The only extra parts I used were two door frames inside the main building for support and then 4 inverted slopes, so 6 extra pieces total. There were about 50 pieces leftover that probably could've been used for more interior detailing. 

Custom Avengers Compound

Edited by MasterofElements

9 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So one of the reasons kingpin wasn’t included in the final design was because the designer thought of him as a Daredevil villain and the set was all about spidey

In that case, I hope we can get a set sometime in the future that's all about Daredevil. I feel he's gotten enough popularity, especially with the Nextfilx show, to have a set focused on him.

51 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Admitedly, he'd really felt out of place in the Daily Bugle without any aditional buildings

42 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

I was curious to see what kind of compound you could build with both the new and old versions so I came up with a larger model and I've attached the photo and I think it looks quite good. The only extra parts I used were two door frames inside the main building for support and then 4 inverted slopes, so 6 extra pieces total. There were about 50 pieces leftover that probably could've been used for more interior detailing. 

You know, this actually looks very good!

42 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

In that case, I hope we can get a set sometime in the future that's all about Daredevil. I feel he's gotten enough popularity, especially with the Nextfilx show, to have a set focused on him.

If we could get some kind of Kingpin's penthouse set that's just a 1 room playset with Daredevil, Bullseye (the black/white legs are already perfect for him) and Kingpin it would be amazing. Spidey would need to be thrown in too I imagine.

Editing onto this to avoid clogging the thread : does anyone know the piece number for mysterio's Green trail thing? Someone mentioned earlier it was availability on PAB.

Edited by Childish Goblino

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I love this set so much but the developer's logic on their choices for what was in this set seem odd to me. The entire interview was just overall odd, the set is the best marvel set of all time so it doesn't bother me either way lol

1 hour ago, MasterofElements said:

I'd buy this, it looks amazing! I could see it being priced between $100-$120 with a larger minfig roster 

Man I wish you hadn't posted this, now I'm really tempted to fork over the cash for the old set :laugh:

i've been trying out some different heads on Frank i think i like this one the best, thoughts?

thumbnail_IMG_2668

Edited by Mattallica

Wow! Is that really from just the 2 sets? It looks amazing! You really should publish some instructions for that, I'd definitely build that.

31 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Wow! Is that really from just the 2 sets? It looks amazing! You really should publish some instructions for that, I'd definitely build that.

I'm working on some instructions now actually! I was able to find the old set without figures on Ebay for about 50 bucks so I jumped at it, especially since I plan on getting the new one. And yep, only parts from the two sets with 6 inverted slopes (4 of https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2449#T=C, 2 of https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3747b#T=C). 

the backside of the garage build is definitely the least camera friendly angle but I'm sure with some extra parts you could make it pretty, but it works with the pieces you're given. 

Edited by MasterofElements

1 hour ago, Childish Goblino said:

If we could get some kind of Kingpin's penthouse set that's just a 1 room playset with Daredevil, Bullseye (the black/white legs are already perfect for him) and Kingpin it would be amazing. Spidey would need to be thrown in too I imagine.

Editing onto this to avoid clogging the thread : does anyone know the piece number for mysterio's Green trail thing? Someone mentioned earlier it was availability on PAB.

6334212 just picked one up myself!

2 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

Wow, that looks good! I have to ask though, how did you get the parts list/instructions for the new compound?

While the Bugle might not be the Flatiron Building from the Raimi Trilogy, the amount of references with the newspaper prints showed that it still had a big influence on the set, which I love. Even the Goblin picture on the "Times Scare!" print looks like the same as that Green Goblin pose from one of the posters that I put next to it for comparison.

And I know the "Spider-Man No More!" print is based on the image from the original comic of the suit in the trash, but I'm counting it as well since it was used as a headline in Spider-Man 2. 

n6NUeYM.png

Ouch, that hurts. I mean he made a spidey buggy, but doesn’t know that Kingpin is a big foe of our wallcrawler :-(

4 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

And I know the "Spider-Man No More!" print is based on the image from the original comic of the suit in the trash, but I'm counting it as well since it was used as a headline in Spider-Man 2.

The suit in the trash also appeared in Spider-man 2, but I don't think it was used for a Daily Bugle article. I still want them to revisit the Raimi trilogy at some point, seeing how Doc Ock is done and the level of detail you can get out of characters, I really want them to re-do the Doc Ock Hideout set as a modular building. If anyone has made a modular version of that Hideout, let me know :P

Then we should not have gotten Daredevil, Blade, Punisher or Firestar :p Needless to say that logic does not really fit here, especially when the set advertises the Spider-man villains and several of the heroes detract the attention away from Peter Parker/Spider-man - especially including Miles Morales or Spider-Ham in the set. Brings on a whole new focus of the set when you have those characters included as nowadays it's mentally linked to Spider-verse where the focus was not on one particular Spider-man, but several. In a similar regard the Clone Saga advert detracts from the importance of Peter Parker/Spider-man - because it implies Scarlet Spider is out there. If Spider-man is the focus then other heroes are a distraction from that.

6 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I love this set so much but the developer's logic on their choices for what was in this set seem odd to me. The entire interview was just overall odd, the set is the best marvel set of all time so it doesn't bother me either way lol

I think the reality is that Lego turned around and said no to aspects such as the Fantastic Four OR X-Men. They probably did not want the OG Sinister Six in a single set as it encourages multi-purchases to have them seperated out OR keep fans hooked waiting for a specific figure (Electro).

Lego likely said no to including Big Figs in the D2C which could be an explanation for the lack of characters like Rhino OR Kingpin, if they intended either to be a minifigure chances are that they might want to save them for later like Morbius as releasing a comic version of Morbius when people are familiar with the character from a new movie is more likely to generate sales. In a similar regard the last live action version of Kingpin was in Daredevil which ended in 2018 and the last live action version of Rhino was in TASM2 which for most is regarded as the weakest Spider-man movie (Though with recent years I've came to enjoy that movie more than what the MCU does with the character)

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Then we should not have gotten Daredevil, Blade, Punisher or Firestar :p Needless to say that logic does not really fit here, especially when the set advertises the Spider-man villains and several of the heroes detract the attention away from Peter Parker/Spider-man - especially including Miles Morales or Spider-Ham in the set. Brings on a whole new focus of the set when you have those characters included as nowadays it's mentally linked to Spider-verse where the focus was not on one particular Spider-man, but several. In a similar regard the Clone Saga advert detracts from the importance of Peter Parker/Spider-man - because it implies Scarlet Spider is out there. If Spider-man is the focus then other heroes are a distraction from that.

I tend to agree. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Kingpin would've fit, necessarily, but certainly if Spidey's the main focus, he should either be (a. Solo, or (b. New York's Only Spider-Man (:wink:).

With that being said, I'm glad that Spider-Man's classic allies (Daredevil, Firestar, Black Cat), and a couple of street-level heroes (Blade, Punisher) finally got their chance to shine. I still could do without all the Spider-verse stuff. Give me Iceman, Silk, & Jessica Drew any day. At least those are still 616 characters, and they're Spider-Man related.

25 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I think the reality is that Lego turned around and said no to aspects such as the Fantastic Four OR X-Men. They probably did not want the OG Sinister Six in a single set as it encourages multi-purchases to have them seperated out OR keep fans hooked waiting for a specific figure (Electro).

Lego likely said no to including Big Figs in the D2C which could be an explanation for the lack of characters like Rhino OR Kingpin, if they intended either to be a minifigure chances are that they might want to save them for later like Morbius as releasing a comic version of Morbius when people are familiar with the character from a new movie is more likely to generate sales. In a similar regard the last live action version of Kingpin was in Daredevil which ended in 2018 and the last live action version of Rhino was in TASM2 which for most is regarded as the weakest Spider-man movie (Though with recent years I've came to enjoy that movie more than what the MCU does with the character)

Not getting the Fantastic 4 isn't too shocking, though. I'd imagine they'd get their own set rather than be included as extras in a Spider-Man/Avengers set. The X-Men might be an argument as to Iceman's exclusion, but then again, it's a tad bit egregious to have 2/3rds of Spidey and his Amazing Friends.

Now, onto the Sinister Six: A $300 set should be as completionist as possible. For that price, it should be damn near mandatory to receive a full roster of characters. And by that I mean a full classic Six: (Doc Ock, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro, Vulture, & Kraven) especially given that we haven't gotten Electro in 7 years (from USM), and Kraven has been MIA since 2016. And yes, we have six Spider-Man villains, but they aren't the Sinister Six (Have Doc Ock, Goblin, and Venom ever been on the same team?). And even if we didn't get a classic six, for all the new heroes (a whopping 5), the amount of repeat villains (i.e. all of them) is staggering.

No matter the (supposed) rationale, the choices don't add up. I love most of the super-powered characters we got, but it just doesn't make sense to "split them up" when this is a premier, collector-oriented set.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Wow, that looks good! I have to ask though, how did you get the parts list/instructions for the new compound?

I just eyeballed it and used as many references photos to construct a (hopefully) accurate version of the set. 

I've never bought a LEGO Marvel set, but I can't stop looking at this Daily Bugle set. I like Spider-Man a lot, and, having not bought any of these repeat figures before, I love the line-up.

I really love the building, the easter eggs, and the height. It would look impressive between my modular buildings. So, I'm really tempted to get this. But, maybe this is blasphemy to most of you, I don't care much for the non-Spider-Man figures that are exclusives to the set. And I'm considering selling them to offset the cost of buying the set.

Sorry if this is taboo, but how much do you think the Punisher, Daredevil, Blade, and Fire Star minifigures will sell for on Bricklink or eBay? I've never sold figs like that, but it sounds like there are quite a few people who are the opposite of me: they want the figures but not the set. Just curious if anyone with more experience could guesstimate?

Ahhh the Daily Bugle and all its Raimi references make me wish that those rumors about Dafoe returning are real... I want an updated version of his Green Goblin so much

Edited by hvader

It's kinda weird that on US shop@home, under the Infinity Gauntlet it says "pre-order this item today, it will ship from August 1st", but in Europe it's just "pre-order this item today".

How are Europeans supposed to order it if they have no idea when they'll get it :wacko:

1 minute ago, hvader said:

Ahhh I wish those rumors about Dafoe returning are real... I want an updated version of his Green Goblin so much

Some reliable people have said that he's not only returning - he's also the main villain *huh*

I absolutely hate that tho. I wonder if this is what Marvel considers a spoiler, there's a big chance that not and we'll get him in a set.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

It will definitely be interesting to see how the comic Spider-Man sets next year turn out.  With the Into the Spider-Verse sequel coming out, I hope LEGO finally gets around to making a Peni Parker with the SP//dr mech (especially with how much LEGO seems to like making mech sets).  I also hope that LEGO makes full use of the new bigfig design.  If Kingpin specifically has to be in a Daredevil-themed set, it could take a while to get him, but Rhino shouldn't be too difficult for LEGO to make.  They could probably get away with using the hollow stud on top of the new bigfig head to attach a horn if they don't want to make a new bigfig helmet mold for him.  I'm sure LEGO will want to include another Venom in a set, so a bigfig version would be a nice change of pace.  The new bigfig design has those back studs that would be perfect for attaching symbiote tentacles.

I assume we could get a MCU Electro minifigure late this year or early next year.  Maybe we could have a comic Electro by 2023 assuming a pattern similar to the release of Mysterio's minifigures.

Edited by spiderfan2000

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some reliable people have said that he's not only returning - he's also the main villain *huh*

I absolutely hate that tho. I wonder if this is what Marvel considers a spoiler, there's a big chance that not and we'll get him in a set.

Out, am I?

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

It will definitely be interesting to see how the comic Spider-Man sets next year turn out.  With the Into the Spider-Verse sequel coming out, I hope LEGO finally gets around to making a Peni Parker with the SP//dr mech (especially with how much LEGO seems to like making mech sets).  I also hope that LEGO makes full use of the new bigfig design.  If Kingpin specifically has to be in a Daredevil-themed set, it could take a while to get him, but Rhino shouldn't be too difficult for LEGO to make.  They could probably get away with using the hollow stud on top of the new bigfig head to attach a horn if they don't want to make a new bigfig helmet mold for him.  I'm sure LEGO will want to include another Venom in a set, so a bigfig version would be a nice change of pace.  The new bigfig design has those back studs that would be perfect for attaching symbiote tentacles.

I assume we could get a MCU Electro minifigure late this year or early next year.  Maybe we could have a comic Electro by 2023 assuming a pattern similar to the release of Mysterio's minifigures.

For the comic Spidey sets next year, I'm hoping for a Morbius set. Pretty much all the parts exist for a good Lego recreation of the later Morbius storyline from the 90s TV show, and Blade is part of that too. It could have Spidey, mostly human Morbius, man-bat Morbius, Blade, and a female Vampire villain (Blade's mother, IIRC).