Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

All parts required to fix the broken window are used in the explosion build so there's no need to buy any extra pieces!

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

For all the people who said they would've preferred a different color than grey for the main build, according to Mark it was chosen over something like tan because it contrasts better with the figures.

This I do agree with. A tan building would have sucked the colors out of the green characters especially and the red of Carnage, the spiders and DD looks amazing against the grey. 

From the Reddit AMA “Marvel came up with the idea for him to be Ron Barney. He already had this appearance.”

So it sounds like the Barney fig was originally going to be a generic Daily Bugle employee until Marvel suggested naming him.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gareth said:

I would’ve preferred a physical minifigure of the existing, classic Daredevil design from the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game (with the horn print removed to accommodate the headpiece) than the invented one we’re receiving.

No thank you.. the new one is much better, with more texture on his costume

1 minute ago, UberCorp said:

From the Reddit AMA “Marvel came up with the idea for him to be Ron Barney. He already had this appearance.”

So it sounds like the Barney fig was originally going to be a generic Daily Bugle employee until Marvel suggested naming him.

Oh nice, he answered me ^^

8 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I think that has more to do with manufacturing limitations. What printing machines are available for new prints, and what can be folded into existing print production. Then there's representing an iconic staple of the comics to Marvel's satisfaction. Add to that several characters are likely off limits due to Marvel's own plans for them.

I understand why no Eddie Brock, because of the Sony restrictions. The Venom we've been getting is generic enough that he could be any of the characters that have carried the symbiote. Even Carnage has left Cletus Kasady behind.

Firestar is the figure I never expected to see. Though she is like Harley Quinn, in that she was invented for a TV show, she never gained the kind of popularity that the clown-obsessed psycho did.

All the stickers and prints make me hopeful for future comic/cartoon sets.

That could be the case. I mean they make a zillion sets a year, so why not indeed no more room for making new figs. 
Eddy is mentioned on a computer screen with a missed call. So that’s funny because he is mia in the set as well. 
but not including iceman is strange by the higher-ups. I mean i get it x-men and all. But don’t give us Firestar then. This will feel incomplete for eternity

Edited by Borex

7 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

You know that taxes aren't included in the US price, while it is in the UK and EU

How much would the US price be after tax??

What subreddit is the AMA in? If someone can link it that would be great

Edit: nvm found it

Edited by Surge

1 minute ago, Surge said:

What subreddit is the AMA in? If someone can link it that would be great

It was already posted on the thread but here you go: 

4 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

How much would the US price be after tax??

No idea, I believe it depends on your state

Edited by TobyAis

1 minute ago, Moon_Knight said:

Probably around $320ish.

Thanks! Still seems steep compared to the US price with tax:/

Bummed we're not getting classic Gwen Stacy and no Mary Jane but all of the other minifigs look amazing! One of my local toy stores has three Spider-Helicopter Rescues (76016) for affordable prices. Glad I snagged one for the Luke Cage and Mary Jane minifigs.

Edited by Moon_Knight

13 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

The leg printing really bugs me. 2 out of 25? Seriously? In an 18+ display set? And I'd absolutely trade every single civilian except JJJ for a Deadpool and a few more Spiders. They don't have to do everything but they could have done more then basically throwing in a generic City fig pack. 

Both of them being repeats as well. Argument to be made for the dual-molded legs but would they even have been included them if they couldn't even be used for both Punisher and Black Cat? (Miles has a pair of dual-molded legs too but, you know, repeat)

Agreed, would've preferred the previously assumed number of 14 but tighter, more focused. Bugle personnel, some civilians (but no MJ?), repeat Spider-Army, a thrown together, sort of Sinister Six and a random assortment of extra heroes (what is Blade even doing there?); it just feels a bit all over the place.

3 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

For all the people who said they would've preferred a different color than grey for the main build, according to Mark it was chosen over something like tan because it contrasts better with the figures.

I can see that, wise choice.

... But did the whole main structure need to be uniformly grey? (rhetorical question)

To put the discussion to rest for once and for all: Mark Stafford confirmed that the Marvel license does not allow them to make a figure of Stan Lee. 

Is it just me, or the guy reporting the Morbious news is the same one from last year's Avengers Tower?

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Is it just me, or the guy reporting the Morbious news is the same one from last year's Avengers Tower?

Would've been a fun bit of consistency but I doubt it as the reporter from the Avengers Tower set has very prominent jawlines that the Bugle reporter doesn't have.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Would've been a fun bit of consistency but I doubt it as the reporter from the Avengers Tower set has very prominent jawlines that the Bugle reporter doesn't have.

😔😔😔

11 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

To put the discussion to rest for once and for all: Mark Stafford confirmed that the Marvel license does not allow them to make a figure of Stan Lee. 

Makes sense. Marvel wouldn't own his likeness even though he's a huge part of their history. Maybe the Lee estate will license his likeness to them at some point

I believe if we should get in the future a Stan Lee figure it would be as the role he played, like in thor ragnarok the "hair stylist"^^

Surprising that the video game and set licenses are different, since they were allowed to have Stan Lee be a character in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.

I hope even more now that these easter eggs in the set will be followed up on in future waves.  Electro, Rhino, Kingpin, Morbius, Lizard, Jackal and possibly Man-Wolf (assuming that the "LEGO MAN WALKS ON THE MOON" newspaper refers to John Jameson) would be a waste not to get at some point.

7 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I hope even more now that these easter eggs in the set will be followed up on in future waves.  Electro, Rhino, Kingpin, Morbius, Lizard, Jackal and possibly Man-Wolf (assuming that the "LEGO MAN WALKS ON THE MOON" newspaper refers to John Jameson) would be a waste not to get at some point.

I think Jackal and Man-Wolf are probably unlikely but I'd really want to see Electro in his more common costume and a big fig Rhino and Kingpin.

4 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I think Jackal and Man-Wolf are probably unlikely but I'd really want to see Electro in his more common costume and a big fig Rhino and Kingpin.

Given the big teaser of Miles Warren, it is likely a Jackal figure could be made. But all I want is BigFig Kingpin.

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Man-wolf would be really easy to make. Lego has a great wolf-head. Make it white and bamm! Plus people would want it because it is a white version of a werewolf. 
He’ll then can come in a set with Morbius in it as well. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Drake said:

Given the big teaser of Miles Warren, it is likely a Jackal figure could be made. But all I want is BigFig Kingpin.

The Daily Bugle is very much a love letter to Spider-Man and appears to be created by a big Spidey fan, which is why we have all these cool nods and Easter eggs to the comics and movies. While it's really cool to see the appearance of Miles Warren in a Lego set, I don't think it will warrant a b-list re-occuring villain from the 90s to be in a set. More than anything, I hope I'm wrong. I would much rather see these obscure, unique villains over the usual Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom and Carnages.

1 minute ago, Borex said:

Man-wolf would be really easy to make. Lego has a great wolf-head. Make it white and bamm! Plus people would want it because it is a white version of a werewolf. 
He’ll then can come in a set with Morbius in it as well. 

I hope it happens. We've got a white man-bat. So why not a white werewolf, too?