Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

Totally agree. I would be blown away with just the building alone, but am very happy with the inclusion of so many characters, especially ones we haven't had before!

100% agreed!

1 minute ago, Captain Nemo said:

I would have exchanged like 10 of the civilians for like two new or updated heroes/villains. You don’t HAVE to put in 25! :blush:

Indeed. Iceman and human torch. Wow that’s heartbreaking to know that the designer wanted them, but we didn’t got them

Just now, Borex said:

Indeed. Iceman and human torch. Wow that’s heartbreaking to know that the designer wanted them, but we didn’t got them

I'm sure he was allow just a few new minifigs (really new) so I'm glad he went with Punisher and Daredevil

Apparently Mark build his first concept model of the Bugle for fun while waiting on more Eternals concept art :laugh_hard:

It’s really interesting to see the part about how some of the new characters this year where originally planned for the bugle

6 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I'm sure he was allow just a few new minifigs (really new) so I'm glad he went with Punisher and Daredevil

Yeah, i just don’t get the you can only make a few new characters rule. I mean it’s their own company. They can give us new characters if they want to, but they don’t want to. The whole reason that it is too expensive i just don’t believe. And i think that if there were more new villains and heroes people would have been wowed more. 
i still want the set, but because of the fig selection i am not sure i will buy it in the end.

Edited by Borex

4 minutes ago, Borex said:

Yeah, i just don’t get the you can only make a few new characters rule. I mean it’s their own company. They can give us new characters if they want to, but they don’t want to. The whole reason that it is too expensive i just don’t believe. And i think that if there were more new villains and heroes people would have been wowed more. 
i still want the set, but because of the fig selection i am not sure i will buy it in the end.

I'm sure there are reasons why. Probably the biggest is they need things to sell in the future as well. If they make one set thst has every single character thst anyone ever wanted then everyone would buy it, yes, but when the next big set comes out next year, they only have duplicates. It's just strategy mostly, but there could be marketing reasons too, choosing those chaacters which can make sense in context of one another.

Masturbating Spider-Man | Know Your Meme
I know someone already said that but Peter's office is excatly like the Masturbating SpiderMan Meme.. and I just LOVE that they used the edited picture and not even the original from the cartoon xD

2 minutes ago, Borex said:

Yeah the ratio of new minifigures to repeats is not ideal. For 300 dollars worth you better get more than 5 new heroes. The civilians don't count because the main draw are the heroes and villains. Heck if they got rid of the news stand and replaced Amber Grant for someone else like Electro that'll be great! Remove the taxi and the driver and add a big fig Rhino, it would have ideal since there is a wall that's busted open.

This will hurt their sales which sucks because the designer said if this sells well they'll do more like it. I hope they see that the minifigure selection has a lot to do with it. We talk about minifigure quality a lot on this thread but I feel the discussion is valid in this case because its an 18+ set. It's supposed to appeal to us. 

1 minute ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Yeah the ratio of new minifigures to repeats is not ideal. For 300 dollars worth you better get more than 5 new heroes. The civilians don't count because the main draw are the heroes and villains. Heck if they got rid of the news stand and replaced Amber Grant for someone else like Electro that'll be great! Remove the taxi and the driver and add a big fig Rhino, it would have ideal since there is a wall that's busted open.

This will hurt their sales which sucks because the designer said if this sells well they'll do more like it. I hope they see that the minifigure selection has a lot to do with it. We talk about minifigure quality a lot on this thread but I feel the discussion is valid in this case because its an 18+ set. It's supposed to appeal to us. 

Again.. just saying the minifigs aren't the main attraction of this set, just because there's "only" 5 new heroes doesn't mean the set will sell less.. 

This set is awesome! Big selling point is the 4 new superheroes + black cat! Unfortunately in the UK it seems the price will be £275 which is very steep imo compared to US price:/

6 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Again.. just saying the minifigs aren't the main attraction of this set, just because there's "only" 5 new heroes doesn't mean the set will sell less.. 

I totally agree, the minifigs are not the main attraction of the set but it could be the deciding factor for many that are on the fence on buying it. I just don't want sales to be hurt by this. Nonetheless, I do believe it will sell well. Now that I am reading the AMA on reddit, I shouldn't complain about the minifigure selection. The designer had his hand tied and did his best. His best was excellent.

Edited by Leggomyleggo

It's great value and there are some amazing details; definitely the ultimate Spider-Man set. But I... Just don't really like it all that much, I don't think it's that interesting to look at. It's tall, sure, and I get that it's a skyscraper but there are definitely ways to make a design like it work better, a secondary color to compliment and break up the light bluish grey would've done wonders imo 'cause I can only see a grey box.

The minifigures feel a little bit quantity over quality as well, especially with all the repeats. Ofc higher ups ultimately decide which characters we do and don't get but the line up feels... A bit bland, kind of "throw everything at the wall"; the overall lack of leg printing on most of them doesn't really help.

I'll probably get it at some point, only because it's a nice base to build off of (and again, the small details like the newspaper tiles are amazing) but I'm not a fan as is. Fantastic set for those who's yet to build out their Spider-Army and SM villains though.

Also... The fact that mech-fanatics Lego managed to release Spider-Ham twice and even Pork Grind before we got Peni Parker and SP//dr is not something I ever would've bet on. :laugh_hard:

21 minutes ago, Borex said:

I think that has more to do with manufacturing limitations. What printing machines are available for new prints, and what can be folded into existing print production. Then there's representing an iconic staple of the comics to Marvel's satisfaction. Add to that several characters are likely off limits due to Marvel's own plans for them.

I understand why no Eddie Brock, because of the Sony restrictions. The Venom we've been getting is generic enough that he could be any of the characters that have carried the symbiote. Even Carnage has left Cletus Kasady behind.

Firestar is the figure I never expected to see. Though she is like Harley Quinn, in that she was invented for a TV show, she never gained the kind of popularity that the clown-obsessed psycho did.

All the stickers and prints make me hopeful for future comic/cartoon sets.

I would’ve preferred a physical minifigure of the existing, classic Daredevil design from the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game (with the horn print removed to accommodate the headpiece) than the invented one we’re receiving.

2 minutes ago, PavillionDweller said:

It's great value and there are some amazing details; definitely the ultimate Spider-Man set. But I... Just don't really like it all that much, I don't think it's that interesting to look at. It's tall, sure, and I get that it's a skyscraper but there are definitely ways to make a design like it work better, a secondary color to compliment and break up the light bluish grey would've done wonders imo 'cause I can only see a grey box.

The minifigures feel a little bit quantity over quality as well, especially with all the repeats. Ofc higher ups ultimately decide which characters we do and don't get but the line up feels... A bit bland, kind of "throw everything at the wall"; the overall lack of leg printing on most of them doesn't really help.

I'll probably get it at some point, only because it's a nice base to build off of (and again, the small details like the newspaper tiles are amazing) but I'm not a fan as is. Fantastic set for those who's yet to build out their Spider-Army and SM villains though.

Also... The fact that mech-fanatics Lego managed to release Spider-Ham twice and even Pork Grind before we got Peni Parker and SP//dr is not something I ever would've bet on. :laugh_hard:

The leg printing really bugs me. 2 out of 25? Seriously? In an 18+ display set? And I'd absolutely trade every single civilian except JJJ for a Deadpool and a few more Spiders. They don't have to do everything but they could have done more then basically throwing in a generic City fig pack. 

4 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

This set is awesome! Big selling point is the 4 new superheroes + black cat! Unfortunately in the UK it seems the price will be £275 which is very steep imo compared to US price:/

You know that taxes aren't included in the US price, while it is in the UK and EU

For all the people who said they would've preferred a different color than grey for the main build, according to Mark it was chosen over something like tan because it contrasts better with the figures.

Bugle is amazing, I am glad I never got the Spider-Man's Monster Truck vs. Mysterio set beucase all those figures are now in this set, I did eat soem cash with the Miles Mech but what are you gonna do

I believe this year has shown us we are entering a new era of Lego Marvel Superheroes and I am super excited for it. Hoping for another Infinity Saga wave I NEED AN ABOMINATION BIG FIG!!!

Hoping in the future we get Kingpin, Rhino, Silver Sable, Hammerhead and Tombstone.

Ash talking about a potential Stark Tower for next year to connect would be amazing, just thinking of all the ironman variants we could get with that set, as one iof my mn ay hopes is that we will get all of the ironman legion from ironman 3 in lego