Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

When do you guys think they'll officially reveal The Infinity Saga sets :laugh_hard:

They still aren't available on Shop@Home...

this wednesday?

15 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

He commited tax fraud

That would make the second character lego has made to commit tax fraud.

11 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

The criticism for the building being bland is a little harsh in my opinion. It's made to be exactly like how the daily bugle looks in the comics. A plain skyscraper building with Daily Bugle on top. How else could it have been better?

They have took some liberties with the design, so comic accuracy is not something I feel can really be used as an excuse here. They seem to have decided on one of the oldest pieces of concept art, but even then this version was not particularly used much and they seem to have given it an extra layer...
9673903%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

Personally I think they needed to vary the colours and design a bit more, perhaps do something akin to this version, that way you get different window sizes and designs and each layer feels unique.
The_Daily_Bugle__Earth-1048_455x300@2x.j

Does anyone know where Ron Barney's head is from, or is it new? Couldn't see it on Bricklink, and it seems weird out of everyone Ron Barney would get a new face printing. Not even Peter Parker gets a new face print

Seeing the commentary and analysis of the figs. There's only like 6 New figures in this set. The rest are all reused parts. Honestly, characters like Gwen Stacy and Ben Urich got done so dirty. Gwen needed a new torso print. This one looks nothing like her character. I really like the set, but if Daredevil, Punisher and Blade weren't exclusive. This set would have been torn apart.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

When do you guys think they'll officially reveal The Infinity Saga sets :laugh_hard:

At this point I'm guessing June 2nd :tongue:

Just now, Quicksilver838 said:

Does anyone know where Ron Barney's head is from, or is it new? Couldn't see it on Bricklink, and it seems weird out of everyone Ron Barney would get a new face printing. Not even Peter Parker gets a new face print

Phastos from Eternals, which was supposed to be out by now but obviously got delayed :wink:

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

New

One nitpick: it's Joseph "Robbie" Robertson.

I wonder, did Lego get permission to invent a look for Ron Barney, or did Marvel provide them with an image of what he should look like? There are often drawings that don't get put into the actual comics, but are kept as reference for potential future use.

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

I really like the set, but if Daredevil, Punisher and Blade weren't exclusive. This set would have been torn apart.

I would'nt say torn apart, but it's definitely not intended for someone who has been collecting the Spider-man sets as you go along - otherwise you have most the figures that would convince you to get this set. This feels more like a catch-up or one-off set for someone who likes Spider-man but does not want to invest in collecting waves to get figures.

2 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Seeing the commentary and analysis of the figs. There's only like 6 New figures in this set. The rest are all reused parts. Honestly, characters like Gwen Stacy and Ben Urich got done so dirty. Gwen needed a new torso print. This one looks nothing like her character. I really like the set, but if Daredevil, Punisher and Blade weren't exclusive. This set would have been torn apart.

I feel like they would have released this set with only JJJ, Peter, SpiderMan, Green Goblin and a few other repeated characters and this set would still be awesome!! The building looks great and is great!

Just now, TobyAis said:

I feel like they would have released this set with only JJJ, Peter, SpiderMan, Green Goblin and a few other repeated characters and this set would still be awesome!! The building looks great and is great!

Totally agree. I would be blown away with just the building alone, but am very happy with the inclusion of so many characters, especially ones we haven't had before!

Just now, Childe_Roland said:

Totally agree. I would be blown away with just the building alone, but am very happy with the inclusion of so many characters, especially ones we haven't had before!

The building is the main selling point, the 25 minifigs are just the icing on the cake

10 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

That would make the second character lego has made to commit tax fraud.

The first being who? Bruce Wayne?

26 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

He commited tax fraud

I love this

15 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

They have took some liberties with the design, so comic accuracy is not something I feel can really be used as an excuse here. They seem to have decided on one of the oldest pieces of concept art, but even then this version was not particularly used much and they seem to have given it an extra layer...

Personally I think they needed to vary the colours and design a bit more, perhaps do something akin to this version, that way you get different window sizes and designs and each layer feels unique.

Liberties taken to adapt the building into LEGO form. I agree the windows sizes could have varied. But a tan building like this one wouldn't make it any more unique. Just another basic boxy skyscraper. Tan and gray are both neutral colors. Clearly they got the red Daily Bugle logo from this version of the building, that's cool. I guess I can see why people don't like the building all that much. It's not the worst thing ever, is what I am trying to say. A clean gray look is nice. Are the layers somewhat interchangeable? I couldn't tell from the images.

8 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

New

Actually turns out it's Phastos from Eternals, which is why I couldn't find it. So technically it is new as those sets aren't out yet

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

The first being who? Bruce Wayne?

The lyrics to Batman's opening song from TLBM say it all: "Who always pays their taxes? Not Batman!" :laugh_hard:

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

The lyrics to Batman's opening song from TLBM say it all: "Who always pays their taxes? Not Batman!" :laugh_hard:

We were robbed of more Lego Batman :cry_sad:

Btw, who's Ben Urich face? I'm pretty sure I even own a character with that head, but I cant put my finger on who else uses it.

Designer Mark Stafford on wether there were any characters he wanted to include but didn't make the cut: 

"Several. I had made a list around 60 long when I started! I wanted the original Sinister Six, but we just couldn't make it happen, we ran out of new figures we could make. In fact because it was so minifigure heavy a lot of figures from this set were pushed out into the standard retail line (they ended up coming out first). To give you a few names I wanted Deadpool, The Human Torch, Iceman, Spider Woman - all Spiderman's buddy's. But Marvel also have to agree and some of the decisions to include or not include figures were up to them and like I said others we just didn't have the capacity to include."

Just now, PGBQW said:

Btw, who's Ben Urich face? I'm pretty sure I even own a character with that head, but I cant put my finger on who else uses it.

Florean Fortescue from Harry Potter.

9 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

FYI - the designer of the set is doing an AMA on Reddit right now: https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/nej936/im_mark_stafford_senior_lego_designer_the_daily/

Very interesting, and explains why all the villians (besides Black Cat) are all from retail sets this year. and the Deadpool, Iceman, Human Torch, Spider-Woman, Classic Electro, Vulture and Kraven were considered for the set.

Seems i was beaten to posting this, we're all super interested in what could have been I guess ha.

Edited by HatBricks

8 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

FYI - the designer of the set is doing an AMA on Reddit right now: https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/nej936/im_mark_stafford_senior_lego_designer_the_daily/

He just said he wanted the OG Sinister Six, Deadpool, Iceman, Human Torch and Spider Woman in the set and they just couldn't do them all.

oof

edit: ninja'd

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Florean Fortescue from Harry Potter.

Goddamnit, thanks, it was bugging me so much.

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Uh May 19th Wednesday?  I dunno, dude...

I would have exchanged like 10 of the civilians for like two new or updated heroes/villains. You don’t HAVE to put in 25! :blush: