Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, hvader said:

Is the JJJ figure potentially inspired by the Raimi version?

Its definitely a throwback to the original figure that came out in 2004. The torso print on the new JJJ is a straight up remake of the Raimi figure.

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Punisher needs hip printing, Firestar needs dual molded legs, and Blade looks perfect.

What would they put on the Punisher's hip?.. he already has his belt on his torso.. and I think Blade could have had leg printing.. like the rest of his trench coat and a gun holster or something

So far, I dont like most of the figs... I know that maybe I will become unpopular with that opinion, but most of the figs are not unique in terms of their torso or other parts. Some of them are really lame (Taxi driver, Daredevill, Spider ghost...). In set like this I would like to see maybe less figs but more unique in terms of prints and parts. But I get it that this is ultimate set with as much heroes or antiheroes as possible :)

Betty Brant dressed like a witch...

And how taunting is it that they reference #121 by giving Gwen a green coat, but then not actually give her a new print so it still doesn't look good.

I like the Bugle. It’s a bit rough, and i don’t like the daily bugle logo on top surpassing the width of the building. I have to look at the pictures a few times to let it all sink in. 
I see some great stuff, some great figs, but fear the stickers and miss some figs. 
But i’m happy that we finally have the pics  and i hope i’ll be able to afford it and make it mine :-)

I’m still medium on this.

I love all the details I’ve seen, though I’m not looking really deep at everything because I still want to be surprised when building it—but the newspapers are a huge standout. Hopefully they’ll be on B&P because I’d love multiples upon multiples. Also the sticker sheet is amazing—more stickers Lego! Put stickers on everything! 

I do really dislike the lack of any depth in general. The interior is extremely cramped. Even though the top floors get even leaner, I do like that tiered look the back has. Having a lean style in itself is not bad, but the massively wide sign doesn’t help. Does it overhang on a 32 baseplate?! Damn! Change the font size maybe? 

I have to admit the windows are unforgivable in my eyes. I display at many conventions, and one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing custom skyscrapers built seemingly entirely from 1x2x2 window panels. It always comes off as very cheap, basic, and thrown together. Trans-clear is my favorite color, but in the instance of panel stacking, it always looks terrible. The visible lines it creates on what should be a smooth window pane are just horrible! So I really wish the windows were designed in some sort of interesting way to clean up the look. Not just stacking panels. 

I like the new minifigures. I mean like the five new ones, the heroes. All the the civilians are utter throwaways. But now I’m just complaining. 

Good set in general I think. 

Wasn't expecting anything exotic for the civilians, disappointed that Peter still uses that damn head. Robbie feels a little underwhelming (though I am thankful for his inclusion), but Betty is just spot on!

Blade's face... Does it bother anyone else? Of course I'm ecstatic we're getting new heroes, but it looks really weird.

Love how even on the stickered pieces, Curt Connors reuses the same head as Peter. Not even the Easter eggs get a break. Miles Warren is just Commissioner Gordon's head with grey hair instead of brown too, which should be used for an older Gordon. Would love to see a new Scarlet Spider with sand blue instead of normal blue

The next wave of Spider Man sets will certainly decide the fate of the future of these sets. LEGO have now officially acknowledged classic Electro, Morbius, Lizard, Rhino, Kingpin and Jackal so if we get another wave of Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom and Carnage, I think we really need to boycott

Edited by Quicksilver838

Jesus. Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat and Firestar are good enough reasons for me to get it!

Edited by Shahennian

3 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Hoping this trend continues with the characters referenced in the bugle.

That would be amazing. There are so many, we'd practically have another set like this one to get them all in. I'd be down for that!

4 minutes ago, Shahennian said:

Jesus. Daredevil, Punisher, Black Cat and Firestar are good enough reasons for me to get it!

Where's the Jesus minifigure? I don't see it. lol

Set is amazing! Still on the fence on buying the whole set given how I have all the heroes and villains, minus the new ones. I'll probably bricklink them but it'll cost a fortune and potentially at half the price of this whole set. By the way,t is a beautiful display piece. I currently use the Bridge battle set from a while back as my Spiderman display piece so this would be an upgrade and with more space for villains.

Stupid question, but do we know why all of them are attacking the Daily Bugle? 

Why would they attack the one media outlet that constantly tries to unmask Spiderman?

1 minute ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Where's the Jesus minifigure? I don't see it.

It's only 4pm and you already made the funniest comment of the day, what are we supposed to do for the rest of the day

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

What's the problem in that picture?

You must be kidding

The dark blue bracket way out of position, to the point that it overlaps other parts.

56 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

*snip*

Here we go now.

What is that Friends part doing in JJ's hands? Is that supposed to be some kind of laser pointer?

Ditko Spidey sticker!

So much to go through, and this thread is moving so fast.

6 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

*snip*
Hoping this trend continues with the characters referenced in the bugle.

That's Lego's way of referencing Netflix Marvel.

Okay, I can forgive a lot (A LOT) of weird decisions in this set because I really love it.

But who the hell chose to put Ron Barney in this? Like he's never been pictured and has only been mentioned once or twice.

3 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

The dark blue bracket way out of position, to the point that it overlaps other parts.

I dont see it, but I totally believe you because it wouldnt be Lego's stupidest mistake

5 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

It's only 4pm and you already made the funniest comment of the day, what are we supposed to do for the rest of the day

Lmao. 

7 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Why would they attack the one media outlet that constantly tries to unmask Spiderman?

And JJJ seems to be on their side too. 

Maybe he wants them to attack the bugle so he can claim the insurance's money.

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It's definitely a bit confusing. The news shows villains vowing to stop attacking the city (which happened "earlier today") but here they are attacking the Bugle for some reason, while the Clone story is also going on. What motive do these villains have to come back on their promise so quickly? Why is Blade there if there aren't any baddies for him in particular to hunt? Who is Punisher tracking down? 

It doesn't detract from the set but a proper cohesive story would've elevated it to the next level.

Edited by lego_guyon02

as someone who only really buys marvel sets based on films and not comics, this is the most tempted i've been for a comic book set but it's way too tall :laugh_hard: there's nowhere for it to go if i got it lmao