Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

You know, the speculation of this set has been some of the most fun I've ever had in this forum, so sad to see it finish.

Oh, well, time to prepare my credit card.

So if these last leaks are legit (and I don't doubt they are) Miles, Robbie, Ben Urich and Bernie the cab driver are 4/6 of our missing figures. Just 1 more hero and 1 more civilian to go now

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So if these last leaks are legit (and I don't doubt they are) Miles, Robbie, Ben Urich and Bernie the cab driver are 4/6 of our missing figures. Just 1 more hero and 1 more civilian to go now

I seriously doubt we get Miles only as a civilian

I just saw the leak images of the Bugle...

...Oh my god...

...I am literally crying right now, it reminds me of when I was a kid and absolutely LOVED Spiderman...

Definitely picking this up, does anyone know what the AU price is?

10 minutes ago, CreeperBrix said:

I just saw the leak images of the Bugle...

...Oh my god...

...I am literally crying right now, it reminds me of when I was a kid and absolutely LOVED Spiderman...

Definitely picking this up, does anyone know what the AU price is?

Most likely around $530AUD. Prices seem to convert better for Aussies than Kiwis, but still overpriced unfortunately

Where does everyone keep getting this "Popular Repeat" rumor from?

In fact. Can anyone show me the list of missing characters?

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Miles as a civilian isn’t in the set 

Well isn't that some interesting wording.  :wink:

17 minutes ago, ApocSlay said:

Most likely around $530AUD. Prices seem to convert better for Aussies than Kiwis, but still overpriced unfortunately

...Honestly, I don't think that's overpriced. I might not buy it the exact minute it's released, but I'll still get it...

I think the 2 heroes are gonna be Miles and Spider Ham. No idea about the civilians tho

51 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Where does everyone keep getting this "Popular Repeat" rumor from?

In fact. Can anyone show me the list of missing characters?

It was mentioned a few pages back:

On 5/16/2021 at 1:25 AM, doclord said:

The remaining six figures are two repeat heroes (one of which is “very popular”) and four named civilians.

Not my info.

I dont know who they are, or who their source is. 

They did get right one of their other statements, so take that as you will.

44 minutes ago, CreeperBrix said:

...Honestly, I don't think that's overpriced. I might not buy it the exact minute it's released, but I'll still get it...

I think they mean overpriced in relation to the price in dollars

Edited by PGBQW

If hoodie Miles and Robbie are the 2 remaining heroes I'm going to kick myself because I bought the sets they come in just for those minifigs like 2 weeks ago. 

Atleast getting Robbie's charger is still worth it, can't say I'm going to cherish Miles' mech for years to come though.

16 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

If hoodie Miles and Robbie are the 2 remaining heroes I'm going to kick myself because I bought the sets they come in just for those minifigs like 2 weeks ago. 

Atleast getting Robbie's charger is still worth it, can't say I'm going to cherish Miles' mech for years to come though.

No way it's Ghost Rider. Wouldn't make sense without his car/bike

19 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

It's Robbie, the Daily Bugle employee, not Robbie Reyes. 

There's definitely been a lot with the Bugle minifigure roster the last couple days, but I believe this is where we're at.:

Apparently the set will have 25 figures.

Seen in leaked set photo (14): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Venom, Daredevil, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Spider-Gwen, Doctor Octopus, Carnage, Firestar, Blade, Sandman, Aunt May (Elderly Pedestrian), Gwen Stacy (Blonde Pedestrian), and Amber Grant (In the Newstand)

Leaked in hand figures (2): Punisher, and Black Cat (Via Panda_Minifigs on Instagram)

Leaked but we haven't seen (3): JJJ, Betty Brant, and Peter Parker (I believe FalconFan is our source on these 3)

That brings us to a total 19 confirmed figures. Beyond that the remaining 6 will apparently be 2 repeat heroes and 4 named civilians.

Unverfied/Rumored characters (5): Spider-Ham (Via Lego.Purist.Customs on Instagram), Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Robbie Robertson, Ben Urich, Bernie the Cabby. (via elliott_loves lego on Instagram)

The rumored characters, if they end up being correct, bring us to 24 characters and fits within the rumor for the remaining 6. That would leave us with 1 named civilian for the final character that we don't know. Let me know if I've made any errors and I can fix it.

Edited by HatBricks

10 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

There's definitely been a lot with the Bugle minifigure roster the last couple days, but I believe this is where we're at.:

Apparently the set will have 25 figures.

Seen in leaked set photo (14): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Venom, Daredevil, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Spider-Gwen, Doctor Octopus, Carnage, Firestar, Blade, Sandman, Aunt May (Elderly Pedestrian), Gwen Stacy (Blonde Pedestrian), and Amber Grant (In the Newstand)

Leaked in hand figures (2): Punisher, and Black Cat (Via Panda_Minifigs on Instagram)

Leaked but we haven't seen (3): JJJ, Betty Brant, and Peter Parker (I believe FalconFan is our source on these 3) 

That brings us to a total 19 confirmed figures. Beyond that the remaining 6 will apparently be 2 repeat heroes and 4 named civilians.

Unverfied/Rumored characters (5): Spider-Ham (Via Lego.Purist.Customs on Instagram), Spider-Man (Miles Morales), Robbie Robertson, Ben Urich, Bernie the Cabby. (via elliott_loves lego on Instagram)

The rumored characters, if they end up being correct, bring us to 24 characters and fits within the rumor for the remaining 6. That would leave us with 1 named civilian for the final character that we don't know. Let me know if I've made any errors and I can fix it.

Nice compiled list. I'd be quite confused if we don't get Mary Jane Watson in this set honestly - and she needs an update.

Though if the cabby is 'Bernie' then it might be Harry Osborn as the missing figure. Bernie is the nickname for Harry Osborn's driver in that show.

Edited by Scarilian

There is no way they would do a Daily Bugle set and not include Jameson, that would be like doing a Batcave set and not including Batman.

52 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I think they mean overpriced in relation to the price in dollars

@CreeperBrix - this ^. When you compare US price we do pay a premium compared to a lot of other territories. Moreso in NZ. Will still get day 1, but wish pricing was better.

10 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Nice compiled list. I'd be quite confused if we don't get Mary Jane Watson in this set honestly - and she needs an update.

Though if the cabby is 'Bernie' then it might be Harry Osborn as the missing figure. Bernie is the nickname for Harry Osborn's driver in that show.

The post on Instagram specifically references a comic character (via picture), but I've been unable to find a wiki page, but who knows? Gotta say it's kinda ridiculous we haven't gotten a Harry Osborne since the Raimi films sets.

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

There is no way they would do a Daily Bugle set and not include Jameson, that would be like doing a Batcave set and not including Batman.

Jameson does seem to be confirmed, we just haven't seen the figure yet. The set must have a pretty sizable interior considering there are a whole 10 figures (11 if you include the blurred out Punisher) that we can't see in the leaked image. Presumably Jameson is in his office.

I don't think Elliot_Loves_Lego has genuine info. I think that's speculation.

I don't think anyone mentioned it but a very popular repeat character could easily be Scarlet Spider. He is included on the news-video after all

55 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I’d love to get Harry. Agreed, but Guyon already said no MJ.

1 hour ago, SuperSith said:

It's Robbie, the Daily Bugle employee, not Robbie Reyes. 

I'm an idiot :laugh_hard: 

My 2am brain just connected the dots between someone saying Robbie and the 2 repeat heroes rumour but completely forgot Robertson existed.

Edited by Childish Goblino

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm surprised that we've only ever gotten Mary Jane once throughout the entire Marvel Superheroes line. You'd think a character like her would show up more often, especially with how prominent she was in the original Spider-Man line and Aunt May has been in the modern sets.

Still I do think the 2014 figure holds up perfectly well and does a great job at capturing her character.