Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Google fire escape and scroll through images a bit.

There are an abundance of red ones over here in the States.

I think we are all aware that red fire escape stairs exist. 

I think he meant it more in the way of why did they go with a design choice like this.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Brickset have published their review of the Infinity Gauntlet :thumbup: I hope this means that reviews of the other sets aren't far behind :drool:

15 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Go figure, it turns out Lego made a realistic decision for once.

I still think they look too... Bright? But I guess lego doesnt have a closer colour, so that will do.

Maybe I'll change them, this is lego, after all.

Anyway, apparently my mother does like how it looks, so I guess I'll have to buy it.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think he meant it more in the way of why did they go with a design choice like this.

This. I feel like they contrast too much with the building colur scheme.

Then again, I do understand the fact that having black/grey stairs would've looked too boring, so this was the better compromise.

Maybe if the building were tan, like we thought it would be, red stairs wouldnt stick out so much.

I wonder if Mysterio will come with the very cool green smokey piece from the spider truck set. It's not in the full set picture, but there are smoke effects in the teaser image. Maybe the fact they aren't made of Lego in the teaser is a hint they won't be included? I guess even if it doesn't, the piece isn't too expensive on brick link.

2 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

I guess even if it doesn't, the piece isn't too expensive on brick link.

It's also available on B&P, where it's even cheaper than on BL.

I wonder if we'll see a tile printed as Now Magazine, the one that the Daily Bugle produced (edited by Carol Danvers).

Edited by gedren_y

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's also available on B&P, where it's even cheaper than on BL.

Even better, thanks! Sill most ideal if they include it in the set, but it's very nice to have options.

I don't know if anyone noticed the second car behind Doc Ock, by the Daily Bugle sign.

A few people are wondering about the UK prices so here they are:

76189 Captain America And Hydra Face-Off £8.99

76186 Black Panther Dragon Flyer £17.99

76190 Iron Man: Iron Monger Mayhem £34.99

76191 Infinity Gauntlet £59.99

76192 Avengers: Endgame Final Battle £79.99

76193 The Guardians' Ship £134.99 

10 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

I don't know if anyone noticed the second car behind Doc Ock, by the Daily Bugle sign.

Yup, there’s been speculation that Spider-Ham is driving it. 

I personally hope it’s a comic-accurate spider buggy. Would love one to go along with my Old Man Logan and Old Man Hawkeye minifigures. 😁

Edited by Moon_Knight

54 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Brickset have published their review of the Infinity Gauntlet :thumbup: I hope this means that reviews of the other sets aren't far behind :drool:

A few days ago they said that they'll start reviewing things tomorrow, so I guess so.

And Lego still hasn't officially revealed the sets :ugh:

5 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

Any word on Bugle's price?

It's $300 so the same price as Ninjago Gardens which is £275 so I'd say around that price of £275

A classic suit Spider-Woman still has a possibility of showing up, right? Cause technically she could count as a repeat minifigure since she was a SDCC exclusive.

1 minute ago, UberCorp said:

A classic suit Spider-Woman still has a possibility of showing up, right? Cause technically she could count as a repeat minifigure since she was a SDCC exclusive.

She is not in it 

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

She is not

Well crap. Maybe someday LEGO will release a realistically available minifig.

36 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

She is not in it 

I wonder how that rumor started. Firestar has red hair and a yellow suit, not to mention there is literal fire under her in the pics we saw. Meanwhile Jessica Drew has black hair and wears a red and yellow costume and doesn’t shoot fire at all.

2 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

I wonder how that rumor started. Firestar has red hair and a yellow suit, not to mention there is literal fire under her in the pics we saw. Meanwhile Jessica Drew has black hair and wears a red and yellow costume and doesn’t shoot fire at all.

Spider-Woman has a red and yellow costume, Firestar is red and yellow. I imagine it’s pretty easy to make mistakes if you’re looking at blurry images.

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

Spider-Woman has a red and yellow costume, Firestar is red and yellow. I imagine it’s pretty easy to make mistakes if you’re looking at blurry images.

Yeah, same way in which both Superman and Spider-Man are red and blue...

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Seems plausible this is actually a Daily Planet set, Spider Man was mistaken for Superman and JJJ for Perry White

7 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Seems plausible this is actually a Daily Planet set

Honestly, you are joking, but this actually looks a lot more like the Daily Planet than the Daily Bugle... Remove the logo, screen and fire escape and just have a globe on the top from the Alderaan or Kamino set and you'd have the Daily Planet.

Da_lGLlXUAE2xqH.jpg

It happens more times then you would think with misidentifying characters early on. Usually doesn’t leak out before confirmation happens with production. Why do you think Blade wasn’t know till super recently? 

Edited by Falconfan1414

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It wouldn't be the first time that someone mistook Spider-Man for Superman (this isn't edited, Stan Lee somehow forgot he made this little error).

Looking for the comic book where Spider-Man was [mistakenly] addressed as  Super-Man - Science Fiction & Fantasy Stack Exchange

4 hours ago, nintendude64 said:

Thank you. Had wondered why they picked red. They always seems to be black on TV/in the movies

12 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

It's honestly true. What set do they make these days, for any theme, that isn't majority of characters being reused? I think of Mos Eisley, generally regarded as a masterpiece of Star Wars. How many of those figures had come in a set before? Like at least 10+? 15+? Or what about new releases that people are looking forward to? Almost all the infinity saga sets have old characters, albeit some new outfits, but not all. Or even star wars. It seems that a regular set, we've be lucky to get one new character. It's a rarity to get this type of set, I k ow I for one am absolutely pumped for it, and think it's amazing to have so many new characters!

Wholeheartedly agree

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Those aren't still in production tho. If they wanted to make those specific variants, it would cost them the same as just making new designs.

If there's a reuse, they have to use ones that are available in the factory as of now.

Exactly. Also, if they are reuse a fig that you own you can sell the fig to recoup some of the cost of the set.

11 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I do think the minifigure selection seems very solid.  25 minifigures in a $300 Marvel D2C?  I wouldn't have guessed that.  All these previously unmade heroes?  A pleasant surprise!  My only complaint is that this set doesn't really fix the issue this line has with constantly reusing the same villains.  The only new villain here is Black Cat, a character who only sometimes counts as a villain.  I can only hope that the comic sets next year start including a better variety of villains, otherwise they're going to look extra underwhelming after how much effort was put into the hero and civilian lineup for this set.  I'd like to believe that the Bugle will mark the beginning of better comic Spider-Man sets.  With the revamped bigfig design used by Thanos, there's essentially no reason now why they can't use that for Rhino, Kingpin, or even Venom (the new bigfig mold even has studs on the back that would be perfect for attaching symbiote tendrils)  Considering the Modular-style attachment points on the Bugle, maybe we can get another D2C like Oscorp Tower, that could focus more on new villains.

Spider-Man has fought both Black Cat and The Punisher. The Punisher and Daredevil often clash. I'd happily trade any spots out to have these two included. Would love a number of other villain's to be included too, but think what we are getting is already the best Marvel set for me to date.

11 hours ago, KingSpoozle said:

All I’m saying is the reuse of villains stands out even more when it’s the same designs that appear in significantly cheaper sets on shelves at the same time.

Again, flip side is that I don't have to buy another spider bike/truck to get those. Was going to Bricklink Doc Ock and Sandman, but now I don't have to. So this is a win for some of us collectors. If the set sells well I think it likely that we'll see something else in the next year or two with some of the sought after villains