Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, doclord said:

I believe Robbie has been deconfirmed. Eddie Brock as well.

Wait, when did Robbie get deconfirmed?  I know Eddie Brock and Mary Jane were deconfirmed, but I don't recall Robbie being addressed.

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

I believe Robbie has been deconfirmed

Okay... So we can't get the ultimate chad Robbie Robertson, but we get AMBER £&#@ING GRANT? Cmon LEGO, do you even read comics bro?

Miles definitely feels like the safest call for 1 of the 2 repeat heroes.

My heart wants Iron Fist but my brain knows Iron Fist would totally be on the front of the box as a selling point so it's probably Spider-ham or something because they really want to make as much use out of that unique mold as possible.

I personally think it’s Miles and Spider Ham because of Spider Gwen being in the set, she kind of goes against the classic vibe of the rest of the set (so they may be including Spiderverse)

8 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Okay... So we can't get the ultimate chad Robbie Robertson, but we get AMBER £&#@ING GRANT? Cmon LEGO, do you even read comics bro?

Yeah thats wild. Funny enough, rn Robbies pretty important in the current ASM storyline.

34 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm with you on this one. But atleast it is a new character regardless 

Assuming Miles is included in the set, which variant do you think is more likely to get: his standard costume variant from the 2019 Bike Rescue set or the hooded jacket variant from the mech set earlier this year?  Either way, I also suspect that a civilian Miles could also be one of the unknown civilian figures.  It would line up with Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy being included alongside Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen.

If we're getting 2 repeat heroes, what are the chances one of them is Spider-Woman? I mean we technically got her before.

Being serious though, Spider-Ham and Miles seems the most likely to me. If Robbie is out of the running (which is a huge shame) I've really got no clue who those other civilians are. Norman Osborne would be cool, not that he makes much sense in this context.

6 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I'm with you on this one. But atleast it is a new character regardless 

And I'm all for that, even if it's a civilian, just wish it was someone that we all didn't have to look up to know who the actual hell she is :laugh:

8 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

If we're getting 2 repeat heroes, what are the chances one of them is Spider-Woman? I mean we technically got her before.

Being serious though, Spider-Ham and Miles seems the most likely to me. If Robbie is out of the running (which is a huge shame) I've really got no clue who those other civilians are. Norman Osborne would be cool, not that he makes much sense in this context.

I would love for this to be the case. Ideally the repeats are Iron Fist and Spiderwoman but I’m expecting Miles and Spiderham (imagine Peter Porker also appearing haha). Besides Blade, Gwen, Daredevil and Firestar the figure selection and the choice of outfits are weak but at least the build is strong.

Doc Oc

Green Goblin

Venom

Carnage

Aunt May

Sandman

Mysterio

2 repeat heroes

thats 9 characters appearing in either similar or exact designs they’ve had before. Blockbuster sets in other themes have brought very detailed figures or at the least interesting variantsi think if just 2 of those 9 or even 3 of those 9 had 

a) been swapped for another charcacter

or b) been given a new variant 

the set would be much stronger. The build is perfect but I’d have loved a Mysterio with leg printing, a alt girl Doc Oc, long hair modern Aunt May, or even Hydro Man taking the place of one of those repeats. The set will sell for the build but I think at least a couple of these figures could have been altered to make their bugle variant more desirable. Venom with blue and red body streaks, Molten Man, a different take on Aunt May, Spideh with leg printing, too many repeats but I’ll buy it anyways

2 hours ago, doclord said:

The remaining six figures are two repeat heroes (one of which is “very popular”) and four named civilians.

Not my info.

If I had to guess:

1. Spider Man
  2. Spider Gwen
  3. Daredevil
  4. Punisher
  5. Blade
  6. Firestar
  7. Green Goblin
  8. Doc Ock
  9. Mysterio
  10. Sandman
  11. Venom
  12. Carnage
  13. Black Cat
  14. J Jonah Jameson
  15. Peter Parker
  16. Betty Brant
  17. Aunt May
  18. Gwen Stacy
  19. Amber Grant
  20. TBC hero (Miles Morales)
  21. TBC hero (Iron Fist)
  22. TBC civilian (Mary Jane Watson)
  23. TBC civilian (Ned Leeds)
  24. TBC civilian (Eddie Brock)
  25. TBC civilian (Robbie Robertson)

Iron Fist or Luke Cage would be very cool, but FalconFan said a while ago that there were no more "Defenders" besides Daredevil so I think it probably rules out either of those two returning which is unfortunate.

When was Robbie Robertson deconfirmed? With Lego's recent attempt to represent more characters of colour I'd be expecting more not less POC characters to be in this. 

Edited by GalacticHippo

Have Deadpool or Stan Lee been debunked yet for the remaining minifigs in the Daily Bugle yet?

Deadpool could be one of the "popular" repeat super heroes and if any set were to have Stan Lee it should be this one.

Imagine if Miles' suit had the spiderverse logo!! It would make no sense but im just so desperate for that suit lol

53 minutes ago, GalacticHippo said:

When was Robbie Robertson deconfirmed? With Lego's recent attempt to represent more characters of colour I'd be expecting more not less POC characters to be in this. 

That's what I've been trying to figure out.  I've looked through the past 10+ pages of this thread, and have looked all around Instagram, but I cannot find any leaker stating anything about Robbie Robertson not being in the set.  I'm starting to think that all this talk about Robbie being deconfirmed is just the result of some confusion.  At least I hope so.  We'll know for sure soon enough.

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This is probably my all time favorite marvel set. It looks soooooo good the official pictures will be even better. The amount of Easter eggs will be insane. A great love letter to Spider-Man 

Same

22 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

anyone knows when the Shang-Chi sets will be available in AU/NZ?  I saw it available in US and Asia but it's not even on Lego.com for AU NZ yet.

July for New Zealand. Toyworld has it on their order form as then. Was going to be available last month, but was pulled when the movie was rescheduled. 

Oh my. Depending on who the remaining characters are and the interior of the building, I will probably buy it. Honestly not a huge fan of Spider-man outside the raimi trilogy or comic versions (am I even a spider-fan? :laugh:) for that matter, but this is looking too good.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but I love what they've done with Doc Ock's arms.

Could the punisher be blackened because of the skull. Which country did the picture originally come from?

Who said Robbie isn't in the set?

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Do you think any of this civillians gets new face printing? All of them? Some? Would love that.

Don't expect much from the civilians print-wise.

36 minutes ago, ood0 said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but I love what they've done with Doc Ock's arms.

I definitely appreciate that they tried something different and unique with the arms, especially considering the figure itself is a repeat.  Personally, I still think the arms from the Mech Battle set are still the best version overall.

I wasn't that keen on the arms in the Mech Battle set. They looked too short and blocky while the claws were ridiculously oversized.

The ones in the Daily Bugle are definitely the best they've ever looked. They're a good length and well proportioned with the rest of the minifigure. Although how durable they are and how well they articulate is yet to be seen.

8 hours ago, PGBQW said:

So no one is gonna talk about how most of the figures are repeats?

Most? Out of 16 minfigures we've seen 8 are repeats. 

Now there are 9 more minfigures. JJJ, Peter Parker, Betty Brant, and 4 civilians - all of them will be new. Then 2 more superheroes, which I guess will both be repeats.

So the ratio is 10 (repeats) - 15 (new). That's actually an amazing amount of new minfigures if you think about it!