Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

So no one is gonna talk about how most of the figures are repeats?

I know, I know. I should be thankful we're getting this set at all and about we getting some amazing new characters, but how come the Spider-Man minifigure isnt new?

I'm fine with it. Most of those characters already have many variations, so new variations are a bit of a waste. I think it's for the better that they concentrated new parts on new characters.

46 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

There are quite lot of characters that we got in LEGO form before they appeared in any kind of live-action movie (I'll count Into the Spider-Verse too) though: 
- Nova
- Beetle 
- Dr Doom
- Falcon
- MODOK
- Taskmaster
- Iron Spider
- Carnage
- Miles Morales
- White Tiger
- Hobgoblin
- Scarlet Spider
- Spider-Girl
- Kraven
- Scorpion
- Captain Marvel
- Hyperion
- She-Hulk
- Red She-Hulk
- Super Adaptoid
- Ms Marvel
- Spider-Girl (Anya)
- Pork Grind

And I guess one could easily argue that LEGO is kinda banking off the popularity of the Netflix shows with Daredevil and Punisher :shrug_oh_well:

Like I said, mostly in recent years. Probably the reason we don’t have a Symbiote Spidey in a retail set, etc. Showing up in a show or movie ensures that the character is well known amongst consumers.

Btw I have no proof of any of this :laugh: I’m just trying to rationalize why Lego makes certain choices and includes certain characters when and where they do :shrug_oh_well:

19 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

So no one is gonna talk about how most of the figures are repeats?

I know, I know. I should be thankful we're getting this set at all and about we getting some amazing new characters, but how come the Spider-Man minifigure isnt new?

Because that Spidey figure is a banger and there isn't much more to add

10 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Leg prints would be good tbh! The arm prints were great!

16 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Ditko suit

Ditko suit

This set is just amazing! Any expectations I had have just completely been blown away. The height is great, all the set pieces like Green Goblin smashing through the window and Sandman breaking from beneath the sidewalk look amazing, technic bricks on the side to connect with the other modulars, a fantastic minifigure selection that hasn't even been fully revealed yet... just everything about this set is perfect.

Its going to be a day one purchase for sure!

1 minute ago, wesker said:

This set is just amazing! Any expectations I had have just completely been blown away. The height is great, all the set pieces like Green Goblin smashing through the window and Sandman breaking from beneath the sidewalk look amazing, technic bricks on the side to connect with the other modulars, a fantastic minifigure selection that hasn't even been fully revealed yet... just everything about this set is perfect.

Its going to be a day one purchase for sure!

Everything is Awesome!!! 😂😂🙏

26 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Leg prints would be good tbh! The arm prints were great!

Agreed. They need to give the boots some print. That’d be the icing on the cake for Lego’s current version of Spidey.

21 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Ditko suit

Ditko suit

The current version of Spidey basically is the Steve Ditko suit. The only difference is the spider on the chest and the spider on the back. Maybe you’re saying this because you’re thinking the same thing.

I’d love to see Alex Ross’s concept Spider-Man suit in Lego form but I know that’s just wishful thinking.

The remaining six figures are two repeat heroes (one of which is “very popular”) and four named civilians.

Not my info.

Just now, doclord said:

The remaining six figures are two repeat heroes (one of which is “very popular”) and four named civilians.

Not my info.

I’m gonna say Miles or Iron Man for the “very popular” hero.

3 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

The current version of Spidey basically is the Steve Ditko suit. The only difference is the spider on the chest and the spider on the back. Maybe you’re saying this because you’re thinking the same thing.

I’d love to see Alex Ross’s concept Spider-Man suit in Lego form but I know that’s just wishful thinking.

I think.. and I may be wrong, that the current Spider-Man is the Classic Suit from Spider-Man PS4 but the suit was inspired by the classic Ditko suit.. the Spider logo is exactly the same as the one in the game
So in the end, it is the Ditko suit (I haven't found the same logo on a comics Spidey but I'm sure it exists)

28 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Its really different, the different Spider Symbols, being red with black, adding blue muscle details, plus the mask has a single web line from the top of the head to the chin, instead of the Inverted Y, most Spidey masks have, also the eyes, it is quite different speaking about classic Spider-Man costumes.

Edited by Walter529a

22 minutes ago, doclord said:

Not my info.

So all of the repeats seem to be from this years Spider-Man sets so two from Miles, Ghost Rider, Big Time and Iron Spider?

If it includes last years sets, Noir, Spidergirl and Spider-Ham (hope its him) are also possibilities.

I guess it could be outside Spider-Man line or something no longer on market still

The current Spidey head doesn't manage that hooked curve at the top of the eyes, though the small eye on the Mighty Micros Spidey comes closest. Ditko did the slit eye look quite a lot.

3 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

So all of the repeats seem to be from this years Spider-Man sets so two from Miles, Ghost Rider, Big Time and Iron Spider?

If it includes last years sets, Noir, Spidergirl and Spider-Ham (hope its him) are also possibilities.

I guess it could be outside Spider-Man line or something no longer on market still

Spider-Ham was mentioned by someone who leaked Firestar early. Miles would make sense as the remaining hero.

9 minutes ago, Walter529a said:

Its really different, the different Spider Symbols, being red with black, adding blue muscle details, plus the mask has a single web line from the top of the head to the chin, instead of the Inverted Y, most Spidey masks have, also the eyes, it is quite different speaking about classic Spider-Man costumes.

Regardless of where the web lines are situated on his mask and if Ditko’s spider’s abdomen is bigger it’s still Ditko’s suit. Even Ditko drew Spidey a little different sometimes. And the eyes on the current Spider-Man minifigure  look almost exactly like Amazing Fantasy #15. I think it’s getting nitpicky to call out such minor differences in details. One could also argue that the current Spider-Man minifigure doesn’t have the webs below his arms but there’s only so much you can do with a minifigure.

You say potato, I say potato. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

29 minutes ago, doclord said:

Not my info.

So just to summarise, our figure selection;

1. Spider Man
  2. Spider Gwen
  3. Daredevil
  4. Punisher
  5. Blade
  6. Firestar
  7. Green Goblin
  8. Doc Ock
  9. Mysterio
  10. Sandman
  11. Venom
  12. Carnage
  13. Black Cat
  14. J Jonah Jameson
  15. Peter Parker
  16. Betty Brant
  17. Aunt May
  18. Gwen Stacy
  19. Amber Grant (still trying to comprehend this)
  20. TBC hero (predicting Miles)
  21. TBC hero
  22. TBC civilian (predicting Robbie)
  23. TBC civilian (predicting Ben Urich)
  24. TBC civilian
  25. TBC civilian

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So just to summarise, our figure selection;

1. TBC hero (predicting Miles)
  2. TBC hero
  3. TBC civilian (predicting Robbie)
  4. TBC civilian (predicting Ben Urich)
  5. TBC civilian
  6. TBC civilian

I believe Robbie has been deconfirmed. Eddie Brock as well.

Edited by doclord

4 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Regardless of where the web lines are situated on his mask and if Ditko’s spider’s abdomen is bigger it’s still Ditko’s suit. Even Ditko drew Spidey a little different sometimes. And the eyes on the current Spider-Man minifigure  look almost exactly like Amazing Fantasy #15. I think it’s getting nitpicky to call out such minor differences in details. One could also argue that the current Spider-Man minifigure doesn’t have the webs below his arms but there’s only so much you can do with a minifigure.

You say potato, I say potato. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yes, they are small differences to the point of being nitpicky, but a lot of classic Spidey fans can get that way when it concerns the Ditko suit.

Just saw the Bugle and wow! Amazing build. Its so tall!! I was hoping it’d be tall at the price point and it did not disappoint. Looks like a real lego skyscraper. Amazing building love the glass panel design but with the giant logo it feels both realistic and appropriate for a Marvel comic. Firestar is perfect it appears she has the Series 10trendsetter hair in red? I was hoping she’d bring a new hair mould in red. Daredevil and Blade look amazing but besides that the repeats and especially in their exact same costumes is somewhat of a let down. Nice to see civilians thrown in however.

1 hour ago, strangely said:

I'm fine with it. Most of those characters already have many variations, so new variations are a bit of a waste. I think it's for the better that they concentrated new parts on new characters.

Eh I agree with the thought that too any inclusions are repeats. It doesn’t help that Venom and Carnage appear so much, the thought that neither is unique is kind of boring. Not a huge let down as the build is what I really want and the new heroes is a nice bonus. But the villain selection does make me eye roll. Mysterio could have had leg print and his yellow boots added but again in his usual inaccurate print. Carnage and Venom to me are far too overused and I would have an easier time excusing Green Goblin and Doc Oc if it weren’t for the fact that they are accompanied by another pair of over saturated Lego spidey villains in the same clothes we’ve gotten before. I think Venom could have had his blue and red streaks from the animated series,  Doc Oc would have been fun to get in his alternate female version that appeared in Into the Spiderverse, if Carnage and Venom had been swapped for Hydro Man and Molten Man I’d complain less about the others. But too many overused characters in the same designs when at least the print could have been updated.

This would be a great set to release comic Electro

Other than that, perfect set for Marvel collectors. Probably one of the best Mavel sets ever

5 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

1. TBC hero (predicting Miles)
  2. TBC hero
  3. TBC civilian (predicting Robbie)
  4. TBC civilian (predicting Ben Urich)
  5. TBC civilian
  6. TBC civilian

One that would satisfy may is Lee "Your Man At The Bugle" Kirby.