Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Umbrage82 said:

Looks like a technic peg hole in the side of the newsstand in the green section? Modular compatibility? I don’t recall if that was confirmed and can’t tell if the base is a baseplate...

Oh amazing spot! I was hoping it would be -- although it'll tower above existing modulars so maybe some modifications might still be needed. Not sure I have a shelf tall enough!

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

That would have looked terrible on display IMO.
I personally was looking for something more 'Old New York'. Like this:
<snip>

Yeah, I was expecting basically what we got but tan like that one

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

That would have looked terrible on display IMO.
I personally was looking for something more 'Old New York'. Like this:
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

I think that there is some resemblance to this building. The set is just more thin / narrow, than this. But the facade looks similar. ..

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

Nope.

Ah well, still pretty amazing selection from what we can see! Do we have a full list yet? Or at least a confirmed number of figs?

3 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I mean, the leakers did say a few times that the Bugle we'd be getting was NOT going to be the Flatiron Building that was used in the Raimi movies and was going to be comic based...so you sort of set yourself up for disappointment there.

Perhaps. You know, there are many "leakers" these days... 

Oh man, I'm just waiting apprehensively for Blade's face. I'm hoping for neutral expression, goatee, glasses. It would be so useful.

I'm quite glad they made it a newer looking building. Any other way I imagine it would be too similar to the new police station.

I'll wait for HD pictures before I decide to get it, what with the other big sets this year - DeLorean, Tumbler, possible Stranger Things set and the like, but this will really work at the back of my city.

Is it bad that I really like the look of this set? I know some people are irritated at the hole from green goblin, but I just sort of like it cause it seems like a reference to the raimi films. This is the kind of superhero sets I think we have needed. Just sort of set pieces for fighting. Still holding out that they make some sort of warehouse fight for DC or Marvel. Mad they cancelled the City one, cause that would've been great for a setpiece. 

4 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

On a different note..do you think its modular (detachable floor) or dollhouse style (like Ghostbusters HQ)? And do you think that there will be elevator inside since its that tall? 

An elevator would be amazing. 

5 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

On a different note..do you think its modular (detachable floor) or dollhouse style (like Ghostbusters HQ)? And do you think that there will be elevator inside since its that tall? 

Dollhouse style. Arrows on the image suggest we're seeing the 'Folded' Version

If its modular compatible it would make quite interesting skyline...many city builders wanted some skyscraper or something "newish" and "tall"..there they go at least :)

How can you guys tell its Gween? I can only see a blurry shape :grin:

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Dollhouse style. Arrows on the image suggest we're seeing the 'Folded' Version

It doesnt look like a folding style to me. But I might be wrong... detachable floors would be better, since its really tall to make one wall open...

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

It doesnt look like a folding style to me. But I might be wrong... detachable floors would be better, since its really tall to make one wall open...

I kinda thought the arrows show that the hole can be folded back in and fixed.

6 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Oh man, I'm just waiting apprehensively for Blade's face. I'm hoping for neutral expression, goatee, glasses. It would be so useful.

Plus one hundred; more brown heads for customs pls!

3 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

What is going on under sandman?

I think it’s him breaking out from underground 

22 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well to be fair what new and unique characters did you expect? We got every Guardian at some point, so what did you want? Rhino and Lizard?

Star-Lord has new torso, hair, face, dual-moulded legs and blasters. Groot has a new colour, leg printing, torso printing and head printing. Rocket has a new colour, new head print, new torso print. Mantis has a new torso print. How more unique can those Guardians get?

For one thing Drax is missing and so is Gamora and Nebula technically and Starlord doesn't have his helmet. No I wasn't expecting "Rhino and Lizard" you don't need to be a jerk about it sheesh. I just find the figures "meh" Idk, maybe I'm getting sick of the GotG or just the fact that many of them have basically had the same look since they were introduced with slight changes( I'm talking MCU not minifigs) ntm their figures have always been pretty well done to begin with. If they had included Drax and Gamora instead of Thor and a Chitauri I think I'd be happier with it.

7 minutes ago, fantasticfootno said:

Is it bad that I really like the look of this set? 

Why would that be bad?

3 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Just a broken up street I guess.

4 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Mixed of concrete and rocks. Probably he's absorbing all the sand grains he can.