Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I mean none of the figures are new characters or unique in anyway. Rocket, Groot and Starlord are slight improvements of previous versions and Mantis appears to be the exact same as her previous incarnation. Thor and the Chitauri are repeats for this wave. For such a big, special, expensive set I expect better from the minifig selection or at the very least include the full team of Guardians. The best figure of the bunch is Groot but even then I can't help but feel "meh" about him since I have the previous figure and the grown up version. I'm also just ready for him to be adult Groot again, I wasn't a fan of teen Groot.

I believe mantis leaked awhile back and is indeed a new update. We weren't ever going to get new characters, since we've already had all the main guardians. Rocket's outfit is completely new, and we finally have an accurate starlord. Who were you expecting?

4 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

On the topic of the infinity saga sets, idk if anyone has mentioned it here but this "Infinity Saga" line is much bigger than LEGO. The action figure packaging has the exact same logo. They are releasing figures from different movies. I'm thinking that this Infinity saga campaign is going to be long running past 2021 and through different toy companies. I initially thought it was this year only for LEGO but it's bigger than that. If that is the case than we can expect 8 more sets next year! :oh: not including sets made for the new films.

You think so? Yeah, it's been with other toyline. Marvel Legends is killing it. The recent reveals are insane. My only fear is that it will be one-off campaign this year and will lose the chance next year for lego, there hasn't been pattern in all this toyline so long as it's a character in the film that hasn't been done it's your chance to make it. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I believe mantis leaked awhile back and is indeed a new update. We weren't ever going to get new characters, since we've already had all the main guardians. Rocket's outfit is completely new, and we finally have an accurate starlord. Who were you expecting?

Mantis has a new torso, same hair and head piece.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Please keep in mind that while it was '14+' it may be a bit extreme to expect 25 figures. I also think that any other figures would likely be civilian characters who work at the Daily Bugle or simply characters associated with Peter Parker.

Not to say tempering expectations isn't a good idea, but Bohner implied the minifig count was much higher than 14, also Brick Clicker reported it as 25 in his latest video,andbhes generally pretty reliable. Rumors still for sure, but not completely without backing. As to the other characters, I'd love to get Aunt May, MJ, Gwen, any assortment of characters who work at the bugle. Although with the more adult themed heroes they've been going with, I'd love it if they went all out with that and make blade, Electra, Jessica Jones, etc. Really tho, even at 14 characters with only punish and DD it's a total winner in my book. Pretty sure we're about to have a new all-time best Marvel Lego set.

42 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

Not to say tempering expectations isn't a good idea, but Bohner implied the minifig count was much higher than 14, also Brick Clicker reported it as 25 in his latest video,andbhes generally pretty reliable. Rumors still for sure, but not completely without backing.

If we are really going 25 figures, then my guesses for the 11 missing figures would be:

1. Eddie Brock (Daily Bugle Employee + Alter-Ego of Venom)
  2. Robbie Robertson (Daily Bugle Employee)
  3. Ned Leeds (Daily Bugle Employee)
  4. Aunt May (Supporting character)
  5. Mary Jane Watson (Supporting character)
  6. Harry Osborn (Supporting character)
  7. Gwen Stacy (Supporting character + Alter-Ego of Spider-Gwen)
  8. Jessica Drew (Alter-Ego of Spider-Woman)
  9. Matt Murdock (Alter-Ego of Daredevil)
  10. Foggy Nelson (Supporting Character)
  11. New York Taxi Cab Driver

All of these would be fairly plain figures, but it helps fill the ranks and they would be useful. The Taxi Cab Driver is expected given the remark about a New York Taxi Cab, perhaps they would make the driver look slightly like Stan Lee though I doubt they would be able to have him be Stan Lee.

Confirmed: 14 of 14+: Civilians (3): Peter Parker, J.J.Jameson, Betty Brant + Villains (6): Venom, Carnage, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, + Heroes (5): Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Spider Gwen

@upliftingbricks Fixed it, ty

Edited by Scarilian

17 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

If we are really going 25 figures, then my guesses for the 11 missing figures would be:

All of these would be fairly plain figures, but it helps fill the ranks and they would be useful. The Taxi Cab Driver is expected given the remark about a New York Taxi Cab, perhaps they would make the driver look slightly like Stan Lee though I doubt they would be able to have him be Stan Lee.

Confirmed: 14 of 14+: Civilians (3): Peter Parker, J.J.Jameson, Betty Brant + Villains (6): Venom, Carnage, Black Cat, Mysterio, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, + Heroes (5): Spider-Man, Punisher, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Spider Gwen

I'd be pretty down with that list, however I doubt we'd get some many alter egos. Just seems too much of the same. I know this is a newspaper building, but Lego doesn't include character that make sense half the time, just what they want. I mean think of the last daily Bugle. Spiderman, JJJ, Nova, Doc doom, and someone I'm forgetting. Just really who knows. But again, if that's what we get I'm not complaining.

54 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I really hope this is who they include 🤞🏼

I actually think a real Stan Lee figure will make it in because they introduced this hair piece that has yet to be used in a substantial way.

12893pb03.jpg?0

8 minutes ago, doclord said:

I actually think a real Stan Lee figure will make it in because they introduced this hair piece that has yet to be used in a substantial way.

<bald cap>

That piece has been in circulation since 2013 (CMF S10 Grandpa). It's been used with grey hair for Alfred Pennyworth (most definitely a substantial way), and two years ago in white for Ernie Prang the Knight Bus driver

Also that really wouldn't work for Stan, he wasn't bald on the top of his head. The closest piece would probably be the new Doc Ock hair

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

You think so? Yeah, it's been with other toyline. Marvel Legends is killing it. The recent reveals are insane. My only fear is that it will be one-off campaign this year and will lose the chance next year for lego, there hasn't been pattern in all this toyline so long as it's a character in the film that hasn't been done it's your chance to make it. 

Mantis has a new torso, same hair and head piece.

I hope so but I think there is a high probability it will continue. The Infinity saga is something they can capitalize on with all this merchandise because it’s the end of a saga and we’ve been in an MCU hiatus so it’s good timing for them to do this. I keep tabs on power rangers and they have a lightning collection that’s been going on for a while. They release figures from different generations with no signs of stopping and this infinity saga campaign feels similar. The infinity saga is won’t continue for years but I could see Lego and other companies doing enough until the films they haven’t covered before, will be covered.

Saw the set leaks. Here are ma thoughts. Or rather reveal? They’re on shelves as far as I know

76193 - The Guardians Ship - My understanding was that this ship was titled the Benetar. Not sure why they went with this title. Anyways its pretty good. Interior is on par with the original milano and its not a huge improvement but its not as tight packed as the GotG2 ship Groot looks really good, Starlord looks amazing with those boots, Rocket still looks off and I resent his grey color, Mantis really should have had leg printing and I think without it she looks a bit boring. Not unacceptable tho. Thor is a complete let down. This set is the best of the wave imo.

76186 Black Panther Flyer - terrible. The design of the ship is aesthetically unappealing and the thin wings look unfinished and choppy and I really think another piece or pieces could have rounded out the silhouette of the wings that just look like scrawny little moc designs. Black Panther is based on a design heavy on detail and say what you want but for me personally the lack of arm and leg print is super megablocking noticeable. Shuri got neither a cloth or leg print and she is also based on a design that really needed one or both. Chitauri comes in other sets, the figure selection and designs are weak and so is the build.

76192 Avengers Endgame Final Battle - a bit overpriced. The leviathans, Thanos’s ship, rubble, the portals, the pegasus’s, the devastated wartorn compound after the invasion, many ways to interpret the final battle and we end up with another compound and a van?  The compound is nice for what its worth but I think this is a weak interpretation of the final battle. Wish it was titled Avengers compound. Not that it makes a difference. Hopefully One day we can get a leviathan with portals and pegasus’s. Scarlet Witch’s face looks manly and wrong haha hair is also inaccurate needs cloth or leg print. Thanos is perfect again just wish Thor had a new hair piece. A decent set hopefully in a future legacy wave we get a final battle that covers a different element of that fight.

76190 Iron Man: Iron Monger Mayhem - over-scaled. Obadiah Stane is easily customizable. Pepper Potts has had better releases. Easy pass.

76189 Captain America and Hydra Face Off - decent bike. Decent figs. Could see how kids would be very satisfied with this set.

All in all 2/5 were largely let downs and 3/5 have something going for them but they all have imperfections. A decent wave but I was expecting something very strong on accuracy and set concepts so I guess I had my expectations too high.thats just reflective of how strong the eternals and previous waves have been.

heard a rumor that Carnage and Spider Gwen are coming in the bugle. Honestly haven’t we gotten like 3 Spider Gwen’s and like 4 or 5 Carnage’s at this point? I would have preferred Gwen Pool but what else can they do with that design? I’m largely expecting the “and many more” hints on insta to refer to civilians. I’m a little anxious what if we had an issue with mistranslation and SpiderWoman is not appearing? What if we’re only getting Spider Gwen? We were rumored a cloth skirt for Shuri and new hair for Thor as well as inconsistent reveal date claims this year. With the official translation revealing a spider Gwen I’m anxious that the Spider Woman rumors aren’t true. Figure selection for the bugle is kind of a let down so far too many repeats at least could have been omitted or replaced with more lucrative figs. I highly doubt their designs will differ from what we’ve already gotten

Edit before people tell me to calm down I’m not literally worrying just wondering if the inaccuracies in leak rumors and the recent online translation of the bugle description can allude to a miscommunication on which spider gal is coming out. Tis all.

Edited by cosmic

I know this is jumping the gun but when will we being seeing pictures of New Asgard. What If...? set, and The Sanctuary II?

NO WAY is the Bugle coming with 25 minifigures. Where are they all supposed to go? Unlike the Star Wars sets which had a similar amount of figures (Death Star, Cloud City, Cantina, etc.), a lot of the rumoured figures for the Bugle don’t make sense to be inside the building itself. Like are Blade and Punisher supposed to work in office cubicles?

3 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

NO WAY is the Bugle coming with 25 minifigures. Where are they all supposed to go? Unlike the Star Wars sets which had a similar amount of figures (Death Star, Cloud City, Cantina, etc.), a lot of the rumoured figures for the Bugle don’t make sense to be inside the building itself. Like are Blade and Punisher supposed to work in office cubicles?

But we know that Punisher Is coming in the set, and no he won't be in a cubicle. I'd guess this will be more of a rooftop /street fight setup. Besides, as some have speculated, most of the rest of the characters thst might come could be office workers, which would actually fit. Will it be 25? No idea really, but I don't think the fact that they don't all have a place to work in the building will have any basis on this.

29 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

I'm assuming there should be a decent amount of space on the rooftop.  In addition, the description specifically mentions a huge fire escape with small balconies.  Also, the fact that a newsstand is included makes me think there might be some amount of area to stand figures outside the building.

Edited by spiderfan2000

If you check the amazon fr linn. They re uploaded it with HQ image, and added more. 

Quill's new torso and printing on Groot is onpoint. Though I dunno what to feel about his new color hahaha

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Saw the set leaks. Here are ma thoughts. Or rather reveal? They’re on 

I am glad that i am not the biggest mcu fan like you. Lego disappoints most of the times when it is coming to accuracy and stuff. I think this is the point where you step in as a builder. Try to make the Iron Monger work, or the Benatar or Shuri and her ship. Minifigwise it’s hard to change them, but the builds, you can change them in more fitting for your own.  

anyone knows when the Shang-Chi sets will be available in AU/NZ?  I saw it available in US and Asia but it's not even on Lego.com for AU NZ yet.

1 minute ago, Pchan1983 said:

anyone knows when the Shang-Chi sets will be available in AU/NZ?  I saw it available in US and Asia but it's not even on Lego.com for AU NZ yet.

Don't know about AU/NZ but it's August in Europe.

2 hours ago, mgetz said:

I know this is jumping the gun but when will we being seeing pictures of New Asgard. What If...? set, and The Sanctuary II?

We are... not sure.

As far as we know, What If...? set us for August.

From there it gets harder - Sanctuary II was said to be an August set. On the other hand, it would make perfect sense to release it with all the other The Infinity Saga sets, which would be June 1st.

As for New Asgard, no one ever said anything about the release date. Apparently it's a store exclusive set in US, which means that info leaks much harder. Also, Korg's headpiece was our first The Infinity Saga leak, so it would make sense for it to release in June (it could be too early for an August piece to leak in like February). So while evidence points to June, we've no idea.

We'll just have to wait a few days and see if Lego reveals them - if they do, then they're June. If they don't, then they're August.

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also that really wouldn't work for Stan, he wasn't bald on the top of his head. The closest piece would probably be the new Doc Ock hair

Well he was, but Lego don’t do a toupee to go on top of the bald piece :laugh:

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

My understanding was that this ship was titled the Benetar. Not sure why they went with this title

It’s an homage to Pat Benatar, much like the Milano was named after Alyssa Milano, Quill’s childhood crush.

The smart thing would be to grab the big set and bricklink the figures from the other sets... but I did  buy the 'Endgame Final Battle' from 2019, so buying a face of the same building with many of the same features isn't grabbing me much. I might just bricklink Thanos, Wanda, Thor and maybe Steve. (Is his print new?) I'd like to grab the Monger and Dragon Flyer sets. The monger is in scale with the Hulkbusters, which have always been oversized but people love mechs, and it's about time the first IM had a representation.

It honestly looks like a great wave to me in that the sets all seem different and unique in terms of covered material, but it's just not a ton of must-needs for me personally. Thanos, Wanda, Thor and Stane are all exciting - but while they are figs I really wanted to see, I'm always much more interested in brand new characters, and Stane is the only truly new one.

I hope the Infinity Saga line continues though. there's still so many cool minifigs we could get.  I'd really love an out -of-costume Hank Pym.

2 hours ago, Bricknee said:

We don't know for Blade yet but the Punisher will be in the set.. I even have him already

2 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

I saw some at Mr Toys Toyworld