Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I think the main reason Thanos looks really odd is because his head looks like an upscaled minifigure head but the stud is just as large as we're used to.

Is it? It looks goblet sized to me.

2 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I knew I'd love the iron monger set. Looks amazing, oversized but detailed. I hope we can find a way to downsize it enough so that its not too huge yet still keeping itsĀ  stickers and hydraulics. No easy feat.

Iron man's shield is a very nice touch. Everything else looks good; great sets with amazing details!

It'd hard if you keep the head.. It makes me think of this MOC of Molten Man
unknown.png

1 minute ago, ood0 said:

Is it? It looks goblet sized to me.

It's definitely a standard stud as we know them.

Just now, TobyAis said:

It'd hard if you keep the head.. It makes me think of this MOC of Molten Man
Ā snip*

Hahah this looks cutie. Chibi Molten Man, hahaha. I like the body proportion you did but it does not really work for the head, same thing will apply for Iron Monger.

Down size can be done but I don't think in scale will work specially if you want to use the new head piece included in the set.

8 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I actually really like Thanos' facial expression.Ā Arm printing would've been nice but you could just swap out the 2019 Endgame Thanos arms for this one and I think we will have a definitive movie ThanosĀ 

I actually think this Thanos looks very similar to Infinity War with the bare arms and lack of shoulder armor.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Hahah this looks cutie. Chibi Molten Man, hahaha. I like the body proportion you did but it does not really work for the head, same thing will apply for Iron Monger.

Down size can be done but I don't think in scale will work specially if you want to use the new head piece included in the set.

Oh, it's not mine, it's fromĀ WerdnauffĀ on Insta
But yeah, the head is HUGE

Ā 

I like that we're getting the Nano Gauntlet at minifig scale, it doesn't look like it's printed but I'm not sure (and I'd be kinda surprised if it was printed since Lego rarely does prints that small). Otherwise my impressions haven't really changed much, I like the look of Compound and Iron Monger (though he is too big). The Flier and 4+ set are whatever, and the Gauntlet is cool but not something I care about.

Seems like a lot of people don't like Thanos, but I have to completely disagree. I think he's the highlight of the new compound set. He's 1000% better and more accurate to any movie version than what we've previously seen. The set as a whole is wonderful. I mean we're getting the main villain and the trinity in one set?! Plus ant-man, scarlet witch and black panther? This is a nearly perfect set for what it is and sets a great precedent for the future. 9.5/10, day 1 buy!

41 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Dragon Flyer
Adore this set. They absolutely nailed the look of the vehicle and I'm surprised they managed to make it this big at $20. The figures look great, though the fact Shuri has no skirt is inexcusable. Day one.

Iron Monger
While a lot of people seem really upset about it's size I'm really happy the designer(s) chose looks over size-accuracy. I don't want to offend anyone here but I've seen quite a few downscaled Hulkbusters over the last few yearsĀ and I really don't likeĀ how they look. The figures look great, especially glad Obadiah got a new faceprint! Day one.

Agreed for Dragon Flyer and Iron Monger.

The attention to detail for the Dragon Flyer is superb. Love that they use the orc blades for part of the wings. I want the Dragon Flyer to be able to change shape, just like the movie but Iā€™m gonna be okay if it doesnā€™t.

I think the Iron Monger set looks really great and I couldnā€™t agree with you more. Iā€™ve never seen a well-made downscaled MOC of the Hulkbuster that fits Iron Man in it.

Just now, Childe_Roland said:

Seems like a lot of people don't like Thanos, but I have to completely disagree. I think he's the highlight of the new compound set. He's 1000% better and more accurate to any movie version than what we've previously seen. The set as a whole is wonderful. I mean we're getting the main villain and the trinity in one set?! Plus ant-man, scarlet witch and black panther? This is a nearly perfect set for what it is and sets a great precedent for the future. 9.5/10, day 1 buy!

Agreed. Heā€™s the best part of the wave for me.

It might be a nitpick, but what bothers me very much is that the Stormbreaker is till the same one...

God I hate this build, it's blood awful and inaccurate.Ā 

The head takes some getting used to but other than that really the only problem I have with Thanos is that they cheaped out on the armprinting, which is inexcusable considering they could've just reused the 2019 arms.

Cap vs Hydra

• Torso usage of the Hydra Agent is weakened by the Hydra Logo
  • Captain America looks 'ok', think it's a re-use?
  • Bike is simplified for the age range

Overall a neat set, but this is not for me - Pass

Dragon Flyer

• Not a fan of Shuri as a character and she was the figure that got the most attention, lol
  • Chitauri & Black Panther are neat but appear elsewhere
  • Black Panther is not worth getting in my view unless we get a powered and depowered variant, potentially an 'eyes revealed' variant also.
  • Build looks very blocky and one of the key features of the Dragon Flyer being able to pose like a Dragon Fly does not look like it'll be possible

Only one exclusive figure and it's the character I don't care about - Pass

Iron Monger

• Feels like it should have been a smaller cheaper set
  • Iron Monger is oversized
  • MK3 is definitely what will primarily sell people on the set
  • What's in the box? D:

I might end up getting it for piece or display, but the size of the Iron Monger is excessive - Maybe

Infinity Gauntlet

• Seems more like a comic version than a movie version, it's very gold while the movies are more bronze
  • The Infinity Stone's don't really stand out on the official art, perhaps a light-up feature would have helped
  • Does not look like you'd be able to do a 'snap' pose

I feel it's well done, but I'm still on the fence as to if it'd be worth getting - Maybe

Final Battle

• Thanos Big Fig is divisive, personally I think he needs his helmet and chances are he'll wind up getting it somewhere down the line (2022 hopefully). Until he does, this Big Fig does not interest me and it's one of the core aspects adding cost to this set :look:
  • For those who do get Thanos, might be wise giving him the printed arms from the previous Endgame Thanos so he'll be fully printed (Torso, Knee, Arms) even if the arms might be a different shade :shrug_oh_well:
  • It's neat that we get Endgame Wanda, but would advise giving her the skirt piece from the Civil War figure. Personally will just wait on CMF Wanda instead and retcon her into that outfit in my mind :tongue:
  • Captain America has a neat Torso, but without arm or Leg print it's not enough to convince me. If any of the four CMF Cap's provide suitable arm and leg print may end up Bricklinking him
  • Not a fan of Endgame's Thor, so his figure here does not interest me much
  • Build is contradictory, should have just given us Giant Man instead of the Van, Turret and Compound (maybe keep the broken segment)
  • Should have included a different hero as opposed to Black Panther, or at the very least had a variant of Black Panther

It's weird as at one stage it was the set I was most hyped for. I feel big fig Thanos has potential but he's not selling me without his helmet. A lot of the heroes have new Torso' but the rest leaves room to be desired with the weird out of character smile on Wanda (Though Goofy Fat Thor is hilarious) and the lack of arm or leg printing on Cap, Thor, Wanda or Black Panther. I really don't need another Avengers Compound facade, either deliver with a proper Avengers Compound D2C or don't bother - Pass

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The head takes some getting used to but other than that really the only problem I have with Thanos is that they cheaped out on the armprinting, which is inexcusable considering they could've just reused the 2019 arms.

Yeah... I guess we can always use the 2019 Thanos arms.Ā 76131 will not be worth nothing after all

Any chances Lego will rerelease that Thanos in the future? I don't want to buy this set for Thanos only for it to be worth nothing again...

For the Infinity Saga sets, they all look really great! Iron Monger and Thanos are big standouts for me, but I agree Thanos could have re used the 2019 arm printing.

It sure is strange that the Benetar has remained absent from all three of the Infinity Saga leaks so far (Original blurry images, lego store leak, and online retailer pictures).

It's funny the timing of this leak has kinda glossed over the fact Lego Fulcrum might have teased Blade for the Daily Bugle. I sure how that it ends up being true, Blade would be so awesome!

5 minutes ago, hvader said:

76131 will not be worth nothing after all

I think the Quantum Suit Ant-Man is still exclusive and will remain exclusive if anyone wants the microfig version of that. Thanos's printed arms will probably still be a reason to Bricklink that Thanos, I expect to see a lot of people selling the previous Thanos with blank arms xD

Though other than that, everything in that set is getting a new version or an improved version at some stage (Hulk is definitely one we'll see in the future using the new Big Fig and chances are we'll see Nebula in GotG3 sets, if not sooner)

2 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Thanos is questionable. The concept works, but I think the executionĀ on the face lets it down. The head is sunken in a bit, so I think the face print should compensated by being raised up a little bit to get a better focus on the prominent Thanos chin, which currently disappears into the torso. Also the mouth is a weird cross between a smile and a scowl, so again, pick one Lego. I do like the inclusion of studs on the back--could be a signal Lego intends to use this new setup for more characters down the line, hopefully.

I like the look of ThanosĀ and how the studs allow us to pose characters to look like theyā€™re fighting him, but you hit the nail on the head on why the face looks so odd. The mouth is also open and a bit too big so the chin starts looking more like ThanosĀ is growing a smallĀ beard.

Idk if any of you guys watch the NBA but this new big figĀ looksĀ just like Zion Williamson.Ā :grin:

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

LmaoĀ Has anyone mentioned that theĀ Iron Monger mayhem set includesĀ theĀ box of scrapsĀ that Obadiah Stane has mentioned. I find it cool for an easter egg.

Thatā€™s just the box for the extra studs that he shoots off from his right arm.

1 minute ago, Legocity2713 said:

Thatā€™s just the box for the extra studs that he shļ»æoots off froļ»æm his rigļ»æht arm.

To be fair, this is one of the first times we've got included seperate storage for them... and they are a box of scraps :p

4 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Thatā€™s just the box for the extra studs that he shoots off from his right arm.

As Robin Williams once said: "Let him have his dreams! Don't you screw up his dreams! His feet are big too let him dream!"

Iron Monger may be oversized but he's extremely movie-accurate for a Lego build

It's kind of interesting how people suddenly don't like the sets anymore... Also aren't we supposed to get a minifig Thanos in Sanctuary II? He'll look hilarious with this Thanos' faceprint.Ā 

So do we think the Benatar will come out in September or something since it hasnā€™t leaked? Or do you guys think it will leak sooner?Ā 

Yeah itā€™s weird. When set descriptions were released, everyone was ecstatic. Now that weā€™ve seen them, people complain about the build and figure choice, but weā€™ve known those for months! Then again, pictures are bound to garner more attention than descriptions anyways, so maybe thatā€™s whatā€™s going on.

Just now, Brickroll said:

So do we think the Benatar will come out in September or something since it hasnā€™t leaked? Or do you guys think it will leak sooner?Ā 

It's still coming out June 1st, it probably just didn't get put on shelves yet because of it's huge box.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is it just me or does it seem like this wave is getting kinda mixed reactions?

Yeah definitely. Though that doesn't really matter to me as I for one absolutely adore these sets and will pick up every single one of them (bar the Gauntlet) asapĀ :excited: