Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

17 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Considering she's sitting down in the cockpit I highly doubt she has a skirt.

That's dissapointing.

At the moment, the Iron Monger set surpassed the Dragon Flyer to me in my personal preference. 

6 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Is that a Lego bird on the left side of the box art? Could this be an Iron Man 2 reference?

I only see Goose the Flerken from Captain Marvel (next to Captain Marvel).

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I wonder if the Dragon Flyers tail can be moved down:

Perhaps, there are two 1x4 tiles at the top. Maybe that's where they "disconnect".

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

Is there a better place than Instagram that has the HD pics.. can't see shit because I can't zoom in

Just now, TobyAis said:

Is there a better place than Instagram that has the HD pics.. can't see shit because I can't zoom in

Brickset has better pictures.

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

Guyon posted the link couple pages back 

Thanos, Stane and Thor are the standouts. Think i’ll only be getting the Monger of these handful of sets.

Where is the Benatar?

Stared at the pictures for a while to get over the initial reaction and think about it; I know my thoughts aren't really unique either. :laugh:

Dragon Flyer is... Fine, it's definitely about that Shuri. Biggest question is why they didn't keep BP exclusive to this set and throw in Hawkeye or someone in the Final Battle.

Love the detail on Iron Monger, do wanna see it from different angles though because Molten Man suffers anytime you don't see his head straight on. Oversized? Yeah. Would've loved an arc reactor side build? Yeah. Buying it? Ofc, it looks real cool!

Gauntlet: Was considering but I'm not the biggest fan; back of the hand doesn't look wide enough to justify the sort of splayed out wrist part imo, ends up looking little bit like a skirt. Good parts pack for gold pieces though.

I'm... A little underwhelmed with the Final Battle? The van feels underdetailed, the compound itself (as previously pointed out) is in a sort of bizarre Schrödinger state where it's both intact and destroyed (and the intact part doesn't really do much for me either), nothing about the minifigures as a whole stand out in ways to what's been produced before (i.e., Wanda's torso might look good but the smiling faces and lack of skirt piece doesn't make it more desirable than the CW one) and Thanos... Will take some getting used to. The redesigned Chitauri is probably my biggest question mark; feels like there should be some sort of set for army building to properly justify it (Small set of Hawkeye legging it in the tunnels perhaps?). Otherwise it's just Thanos and his two interns vs seven Avengers between two sets. As a kid though, would've loved it as a playset; this is just the cynical, overly critical AFOL part of me talking. :innocent2:

Accurate butter knife at last though; 50% effort at the Sanctuary II breakfast table! :laugh_hard:

Loving the sets so far, hopefully a summer Infinity Saga wave becomes a yearly thing going forward.

If the sets get officially revealed next Wednesday, do you guys think the Sanctuary and New Asgard will be part of the reveal? Or will we need to wait longer for them since they're retail exclusives?

1 hour ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Box art shows Gamora and a Captain Marvel with the Sleepy Boy hairpiece. These could easily be based on their past designs but maybe it hints at the hair choice for the CM coming in the Sanctuary II

The only Captain Marvel I see on the box art looks like the comics version.. with spiky hair

Thor and Wanda both look proper goofy grinning away on the corner of that box :grin:

I think the Gauntlet and Iron Monger sets look the best, personally, even if the latter is way too big. Not really interested in the BP and 4+ sets but they're fine for what they are. 

The Final Battle actually got me interested when we saw the blurred pictures, but now I can see it clearly, I don't think it's for me. Thanos is cool, but there's something... Off about him. The compound doesn't really grab me either. 

Still, definitely a crowd pleasing wave. For now though I'm back to just seeking out the Benatar and Bugle. 

Edited by SEmrys

These sets look absolutely fantastic, there are definitely plenty of things I could nitpick, but that would be all it is. No real complaints from me about these sets, I’ll be getting all of them, perhaps even the Gauntlet

Lmao Has anyone mentioned that the Iron Monger mayhem set includes the box of scraps that Obadiah Stane has mentioned. I find it cool for an easter egg.

The Infinity Saga box art looks freaking dope

The standout figures imo are the MK 3 and Obadiah Stane

The Iron Monger is wayy too big and feels more like the Iron Giant. Would've been better if he was similar in size to the Jay mech in LEGO Ninjago set 71740.

The movable head for Thanos is also fantastic and opens up opportunities for future big figs, would've been nice if he had a removable helmet piece but it is what it is. Though the torso printing is a huge downgrade from the 2019 Thanos torso

Doesn't look like Scarlet Witch has a skirt piece.

Also is the MK 85 figure new or reused?

The 4 plus set looks decent. It's basically an Age of Ultron Cap set but LEGO really missed the mark by not having that set be based on The First Avenger.

The Dragon Flyer looks decent I guess.

Regards

MCU Spidey

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Lmao Has anyone mentioned that the Iron Monger mayhem set includes the box of scraps that Obadiah Stane has mentioned. I find it cool for an easter egg.

I noticed it, I was just wondering what's in there

7 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

These sets look absolutely fantastic, there are definitely plenty of things I could nitpick, but that would be all it is. No real complaints from me about these sets, I’ll be getting all of them, perhaps even the Gauntlet

My only major nitpick is the Iron Monger himself but everything else is okay or passable at least

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I was wondering what that small box was lol, it would make more sense to include that in a "cave escape" set or something, but I am still happy they referenced that line.

Ngl I am probably gonna order the iron monger set off Bricklink just so I don't have to wait until August

WHEEEEE!!! 
Ahem :blush: 

Though the Iron Monger itself is on the ginormous side, the build looks accurate and the minifigures are fantastic! I love Obediah's face :wub: 
The Final Battle Set is great as well. Fully assembled Thor looks perfect and Mk. 85 Iron Man looks new, I believe the gold on his faceplate and the gold printing on his torso and legs seem to better match the gold of his arms, unlike the current edition, which really bummed me out. 
Not sure if I'll get the set, yet, but I definitely want those minifigures :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

To me the sets themselves are just moderately okay. What I'm excited about is the awesome potential they represent. The Thanos bigfig itself I have little use for, but the body gives us the awesome potential of a Spider-Man Unlimited Venom variant. There are probably a dozen other characters that could make use of that body style.

I hope that 3x3 "arc reactor" tile will be in Glow White, and that it is a sticker. I have a specific reason to want that part.

My biggest want for the future of Lego Marvel is those "comics" images from the box art actually printed on real bricks. That would be a most epic set idea, and Lego could do it for DC too.

Has anyone mentioned the Spider-Man shown on the Infinity Saga boxes? Looks like it could be giving us a preview of the Upgraded Suit from FFH and NWH

The Thanos big fig looks great. Love that he has studs on the back so I can create a cool battle scene with Cap attached.

Iron Monger looks great. I get the size inaccuracy but the detail on a smaller sized Iron Monger wouldn’t look great. I’ve never seen a size accurate MOC or modified Hulkbuster that looks better than what we got from the Infinity War sets.

Edited by Moon_Knight

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Lol, Tony Stark's Cave set 2022 confirmed. :laugh_hard: