Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

The new Thanos is a nice upgrade. The body print is easily the most detailed they've done yet and the added articulation to the head is a welcome addition. Just a shame they didn't include a helmet. I know people have been wanting a bald version for a while but now that detachable headgear is a possibility on big figs it would have been nice having the option of displaying both versions.

Looking forward to the Final Battle set, but for all the complaints everyone had about how awful the last compound set was the build for the new one doesn't look all that different to me. Its a little wider and lost the side garage but the basic build is more or less the same.

I really like how the rubble on the right side of the compound includes some rocks and rock-work designs to show off the battle itself. It's not something I could see earlier but now it is clear. 

Ok. Weird detail. Cap's shield in the compound set has printing right to the brim and is on a silver base. But in the 4+ set, the shield is either printed on a black piece or has black printing around the brim. Weird difference.

Overall thoughts:

76186: Build looks so awesome, I love it. Minfigures are kinda weak as only 1 is exclusive. 

76189: I love this set. Great builds (for a 4+ set). Both minfigures are exclusive which are great, nice to get another Cap.

76190: The build itself is pretty amazing, I love that they captured how mechanical it is. It's obviously oversized tho. 3 exclusive minfigures are absolutely amazing, Stane got a new faceprint! 

76191: Gauntlet looks great, I love thsi build. Also small details like each stone being different really make it even better.

76192: Van looks fantastic, and so does the Compound. Interior is great, there's even Nano Gauntlet for Iron Man! I love the rubble with Avengers logo. Iron Man is a repeat? That's a huge disappointment... Stormbreaker also is a missed opportunity. Thanos looks really weird in the lower right corner, much better on the box art. Stud on his back is pretty annoying tho.

15 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Uh oh. Look close at Thanos... he has studs on his back. Hope ya'll don't mind that too much...

However, that definitely means that this will be reused in the future! But, who could use the studs? Bane, maybe?

They could easily reuse the body for a Hulk apart from those back studs (unless we're only getting backpack wearing big figs from now on) so I'd imagine the studs are there so you can attach Cap, Thor or IM to Thanos' back while they're 'fighting'. :tongue:

Edited by PavillionDweller
Clarity

30 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

The gauntlet box shows the piece count.. was it possibly found in north  America?

18+ black box sets always show the piece count regardless of region :wink:

My thoughts:

LEGO JEFF BRIDGES!! Nuff Said.

Ok in more seriousness, the Iron Monger is comically large but it still looks good and fun. And Obadiah Stane is perfect.

The Dragon Flyer looks superb and has a perfect complement of minifigures.

The 4+ set is a good way to get that Cap in all his glory. It's 4+ but it's no worse than previous non 4+ sets that included a bike and a turret.

The Final Battle is fine. Everything included is appropriate and the two primary builds are well done, though the compound is a boring design in universe so it obviously doesn't stun in LEGO form. It still looks like they did their best on it, though. The main hero trio are necessary inclusions, but it's a shame they doubled up on Black Panther when there are so many characters in the final battle to choose from. Scarlett Witch is let down by bad designs, like we've already seen.

I'm eagerly awaiting that New Asgard set whenever we'll see it, as a house build is more up my alley than these, but overall I like what I see.

2 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's been mentioned a few times already, just got covered under the incoming stream of comments :wink:

Ahhh beat me to it! Great find I dunno if it looks odd or what, this clearly means Bane is coming soon. 

2 minutes ago, wesker said:

Looking forward to the Final Battle set, but for all the complaints everyone had about how awful the last compound set was the build for the new one doesn't look all that different to me. Its a little wider and lost the side garage but the basic build is more or less the same.

That's the thing though, the main complaints with the old Compound was that a lot of pieces were wasted on a useless car and helicopter and a really inaccurate garage/hangar.

Just now, Scarilian said:

High quality clear pictures of figures and sets appear to be appearing.

Look at Brickset's article, the comment where I posted the link seems to have gone unnoticed but they're really high quality pictures.

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

Honestly, no one has mentioned it but the printing on that Thanos body is absolutely beautiful!

Agree. 100% true.

Good news! Better pictures!

-The best thing to me abbout Thanos is the mold reusability.  I like the studs on the back, this can be a basis bigfig, used for futture characters.

-The Dragon Flyer has a retro feel, with several exposed studs in the wings. Still not possible to know if Shuri has a cloth piece.

-Iron Monger has a flaw: it is not possible to custom downsize the mech but still use this headpiece, it would look too big...

Obadiah's torso isn't new:

Amazon.com: LEGO Accessories: Disney Train Station Minifigs - Chip and Dale:  Toys & Games

1 minute ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

-The Dragon Flyer has a retro feel, with several exposed studs in the wings. Still not possible to know if Shuri has a cloth piece.

Considering she's sitting down in the cockpit I highly doubt she has a skirt.

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Obadiah's torso isn't new:

Good spot. Rare and works perfectly well in this situation in any case.

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Considering it's just a generic business suit this definitely works well enough. The important thing with Obadiah is that he got this much needed new faceprint.

1 minute ago, Clone OPatra said:

Is it rare? I thought I'd seen it be reused a few times. Maybe even on Bricks and Pieces

These are medium to me I think. In general they're all pretty good, but they could all use some touchups. 

The Iron Monger set is by far my favorite. I love all the gunmetal and the oversized weapons. Yeah, he needs to work on his abs and get some muscle under the arms, but I think he's pretty good. Stane is a nice minifigure too. 

The Flyer is well built, but you're just buying that for Shuri.   

The Gauntlet is surprisingly good to me, considering it was an "I don't care" set by the description. I do think it's pretty ridiculous that Lego is going to cheap out on the side of the build specifically and use curved slopes in dark tan instead of metallic. Like you really couldn't have just included two more metallic pieces that you already use in the set? I don't care if it's a budget thing about saving pennies on the dollar; Lego you're just purposefully making ugly sets. Where are the standards? That said, I'll pick this up. Along with some extra slopes! :hmpf_bad:

The Endgame battle I think is just ugly, but that's me. :grin: It's really really bland, from a build standpoint. Like please Lego Gods, throw some stickers on the side of that van! I don't like that the building is largely spotless and yet there's an odd entirely destroyed section next to it. To me it should either all be destroyed or all spotless. Thanos is questionable. The concept works, but I think the execution on the face lets it down. The head is sunken in a bit, so I think the face print should compensated by being raised up a little bit to get a better focus on the prominent Thanos chin, which currently disappears into the torso. Also the mouth is a weird cross between a smile and a scowl, so again, pick one Lego. I do like the inclusion of studs on the back--could be a signal Lego intends to use this new setup for more characters down the line, hopefully.

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Is it rare? I thought I'd seen it be reused a few times. Maybe even on Bricks and Pieces

It's only ever been in the $330 Disney Train set so yeah it's definitely rare.

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's for October 1st, along with 2 NWH sets (and all Eternals sets which we've seen).

Also What If...? set in August, CMF and AC in September. 

Ohhhh my bad, thank you

36 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Venom seems like the obvious choice

This makes the most sense to me

Is that a Lego bird on the left side of the box art? Could this be an Iron Man 2 reference?