Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I wonder what that was about.  If fulcrum did tease something like that, it's odd that it would be taken down so quickly.  Either way, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Blade in the Bugle set, even if his inclusion wouldn't make as much sense without the inclusion of someone like Morbius. 

21 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder what that was about.  If fulcrum did tease something like that, it's odd that it would be taken down so quickly.  Either way, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Blade in the Bugle set, even if his inclusion wouldn't make as much sense without the inclusion of someone like Morbius. 

Fulcrum teased the Bugle set itself in the same way earlier (showing the bugle logo flag and deleting it). May just be a callback to that.

7 minutes ago, doclord said:

Fulcrum teased the Bugle set itself in the same way earlier (showing the bugle logo flag and deleting it). May just be a callback to that.

If that's the case, then that should make 12 out of 14+ minifigures from the lineup accounted for:

1. Spider-Man

2. Daredevil

3. Punisher

4. Spider-Woman

5. Blade

6. Black Cat

7. Venom

8. Mysterio

9. Green Goblin

10. Peter Parker

11. J. Jonah Jameson

12. Betty Brant

There should be at least two more villains to form the Sinister Six. I really hope LEGO doesn't skip out on including Robbie Robertson here, considering it wouldn't make sense for him to appear elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

Do we know if the new Benator is an 18+ set? 

Nope, descriptions says 14.

3 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If that's the case, then that should make 12 out of 14+ minifigures from the lineup accounted for:

1. Spider-Man

2. Daredevil

3. Punisher

4. Spider-Woman

5. Blade

6. Black Cat

7. Venom

8. Mysterio

9. Green Goblin

10. Peter Parker

11. J. Jonah Jameson

12. Betty Brant

There should be at least two more villains to form the Sinister Six. I really hope LEGO doesn't skip out on including Robbie Robertson here, considering it wouldn't make sense for him to appear elsewhere.

Yeah, I hope Robbie shows up. Looking at that lineup, the Bugle needs one or two more civilians otherwise it's probably still going to seem like a big empty building (good to see Betty on that list also, I'd forgotten about her inclusion). 

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far though. Blade is an unexpected choice, but he's also one of the few heroes who's had a solo film and no minifigures representation, so it'll be good to finally have him. If this does materialise. 

If he does show up then that just leaves classic Howard the Duck and Elektra (and the Fantastic Four, speaking generally - as well as characters like Man-Thing and Big Hero 6 if you want to dive into animated/direct-to-video). 

Edited by SEmrys

I'm disappointed by the size of the Iron Monger. The model itself will be cool as a stand alone model of Iron Monger, but the scale looks wrong to me. Iron Man looks soooo small next to this Iron Monger.

11 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

lego is not just for small kids. Everyone has imagination no matter how old u are. Literally 18+ sets all over the place lol

That as in reference to the behaviour of certain people, my bad hahah.

11 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Mmmm not all of us are guys but i get what you are saying as sarcastic

I need to find a gender neutral word vague enough to substitue fellas.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

I'm disappointed by the size of the Iron Monger. The model itself will be cool as a stand alone model of Iron Monger, but the scale looks wrong to me. Iron Man looks soooo small next to this Iron Monger.

I think everyone has a problem with that. I mean look at this:

He's not even twice the size of Iron Man, and in the sets he's like 7 Iron Mans on top of one another. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He's not even twice the size of Iron Man, and in the sets he's like 7 Iron Mans on top of one another. 

The problem is when we do get mechs that size (such as Igor) they are too small for enough detail and get trashed to hell and back. Im sure kids would rather have a huge imposing War monger. Personally Something like this with stickers or print when it is too big its far easier to mod for a smaller size than modding something smaller to mod bigger.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I guess I'll use my Hulkbuster as an IronMan build to display next to the monger

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

I guess I'll use my Hulkbuster as an IronMan build to display next to the monger

Funnily enough this would be more in scale :laugh_hard:

I honestly really don't mind the size of Iron Monger, from the limited stuff we've seen it looks great and I'm sure people will love playing around with the design to downscale it. Even so the Hulkbusters and War Machine Buster are amazing imo and they're oversized too.

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Time Variant Authority, those guys who captured Loki because of him branching the timeline.

Don't really want to be "that guy" but for accuracy sake it's technically Variance :wink:

5 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

The problem is when we do get mechs that size (such as Igor) they are too small for enough detail and get trashed to hell and back. Im sure kids would rather have a huge imposing War monger. Personally Something like this with stickers or print when it is too big its far easier to mod for a smaller size than modding something smaller to mod bigger.

I'm not saying he has to be exactly in scale to Iron Man. Lego isn't always to scale, and that's how it should stay.

But this is just too big... he's HUGE.

You can build a smaller Mech that will look good. Igor didn't get thrashed because of his size, he was trashed because it was a terrible and ugly build.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I honestly really don't mind the size of Iron Monger, from the limited stuff we've seen it looks great and I'm sure people will love playing around with the design to downscale it. Even so the Hulkbusters and War Machine Buster are amazing imo and they're oversized too.

Don't really want to be "that guy" but for accuracy sake it's technically Variance :wink:

War Machine is a made-up mech, so that's not a problem.

Hulbuster works better because he's in scale with Hulk, who is much bigger than Iron Man.

Problem is, this is probably the biggest Iron Man focused mech we've got, and he's supposed to be the smallest.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hulbuster works better because he's in scale with Hulk, who is much bigger than Iron Man.

But he's not.. like really not in scale with Hulk

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not saying he has to be exactly in scale to Iron Man. Lego isn't always to scale, and that's how it should stay.

But this is just too big... he's HUGE.

You can build a smaller Mech that will look good. Igor didn't get thrashed because of his size, he was trashed because it was a terrible and ugly build.

Moreso Igor had a ugly build because of his size.especially when he had to seat a figure too.

that also reminds me. Are the £10 mechs for this year all done then? Ock+Spidy,Cap,Thor,Miles? 

honestly they should do a war machine Mk2 for the mech line next year. Would work great. 

52 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

But he's not.. like really not in scale with Hulk

Lego builds are rarely ever in scale with any Minifigs or bigfigs tbh. 
MiniFigs were designed with the proportions of toddlers so its always been a weird problem!l with that sizing for cars and everything else to go with them being such size.

Edited by Ghostcat

Its pointless talking about another over sized mech. They are large to be able to be held by young kids.

just buy it and make it shorter like we have done with the hulkbuster sets.

32 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Lego builds are rarely ever in scale with any Minifigs or bigfigs tbh. 
MiniFigs were designed with the proportions of toddlers so its always been a weird problem!l with that sizing for cars and everything else to go with them being such size.

Yes, I know, that's why I said that xD

29 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Its pointless talking about another over sized mech. They are large to be able to be held by young kids.

just buy it and make it shorter like we have done with the hulkbuster sets.

Yeah exactly what I'll do and done