Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m not making excuses but sometimes movie sets for upcoming movies are treated with this kind of secrecy. Maybe lego is applying it here? It will be interesting to see with the next wave if the same pattern applies 

17 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m not making excuses but sometimes movie sets for upcoming movies are treated with this kind of secrecy. Maybe lego is applying it here? It will be interesting to see with the next wave if the same pattern applies 

Same secrecy as Eternals and Shang-Chi sets? :laugh_hard:

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The absolute irony. They can hide sets based on a film released 2 years ago, but retailers grab up Shang Chi sets first and they posted Eternals like 10 months early in their own catalogue (not even an official reveal), both of which were before we had seen any official footage or photos for either film

Well, Shang-Chi and the Eternals were both delayed due to the pandemic, I think it’s not entirely fair to compare the messy release of those sets to these sets that were always planned to be released this year.

Lego's smart how they get you to buy this new compound set but also still also make you buy the Helicopter Drop set if you want the Gauntlet + 4 gems and then the original bad compound on top of that if you want the 2 other gems and some armored arms for Thanos :laugh:

1 hour ago, PavillionDweller said:

"Some LEGO leakers are currently receiving death threats again" "(...) some of whom are still minors"

... I mean, there's passion for pieces of plastic and then there's whatever this is.

Looking at the bigger picture for a moment though: How much slack does Disney give Lego? If Disney wants Lego to hold off other reveals to let the Bad Batch set hold the spotlight for a moment to promote the show, could they? Would they? They know Marvel sells itself, the reported numbers on WV and FatWS obviously point to the fact that there's a market there regardless of how much fanfare they declare the sets with and the fact that Lego's even revisiting older movies at all so... Yeah. I know people are anxious and disappointed over the whole wait but this community of following-the-leaks-as-they-happen is most likely a very small minority of everybody who ends up buying the sets and, mind you, in the perfect corporate mind there aren't any leaks; the public's supposed to see them when Lego reveals them (which, I know, is almost never the case; human error, curiosity, hype and whatnot). Not knocking people for having emotions, just saying: It's probably all business. Important to remember that we're dealing with the two dominating forces within their fields (one of which has to plan for several licenses fighting each other on the market) and there are probably a lot of thought and discussion within both companies that goes into what gets revealed when.

If you disagree with those business decisions, that's absolutely fine ofc; Lego does make some absolutely baffling choices sometimes.

Are these cowards sending death threats in private messages? Have we seen any of this behavior on here?

did we miss it? Its very sad to hear. I think all the leakers have done their best and do what they do FOR US! not fair that they would do this.

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

Are these cowards sending death threats in private messages? Have we seen any of this behavior on here?

did we miss it? Its very sad to hear. I think all the leakers have done their best and do what they do FOR US! not fair that they would do this.

Don't think it's happening here. Here is a community for AFOLs, the A standing for adults, who would know it's pathetic and completely pointless to send death threats over pictures of plastic

Instagram's probably where it's at. Anyone can just make an account to send hate, and there's even more anonymity

So with that just wanna thank @Falconfan1414 and any of the other leakers who do what they do for us, and I hope you dont let some sad little kids get you down for something far out of your own control

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We never how big of a deal this is for lego. To have a new type of mold for the rotating head big fig.

Maybe they would want to do a proper reveal like friends yesterday.

Edited by BusterNut31

5 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

1 minute ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Don't think it's happening here. Here is a community for AFOLs, the A standing for adults, who would know it's pathetic and completely pointless to send death threats over pictures of plastic

Instagram's probably where it's at. Anyone can just make an account to send hate, and there's even more anonymity

"Astonishment quickly turned into anger about the leakers on Instagram who had promised the beginning of the “leak season”." So yeah, probably primarily Instagram (wasn't my intention to imply it's happening here if anyone got that impression). Wouldn't put it past some adults though; anonymity can forge the powerful impression of a shield from behind which you can say anything to anyone. It's horrible, whoever it is.

25 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Has there been any more info on the remaining 3 mystery figures for the Bugle set?

Nope.

Also, there could be more than 14 minifigures. 

50 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Has there been any more info on the remaining 3 mystery figures for the Bugle set?

Nothing new yet.  Because we have four villains confirmed (Venom, Black Cat, Mysterio and Green Goblin), there logically should be two more villains to form the Sinister Six that has been hinted at, neither of which being new villains and going by the art series that Falconfan was using to confirm villain inclusions and absences, could be among Doc Ock, Vulture, Scorpion, Kraven or Sandman.  I'm also predicting/hoping that Robbie Robertson is the third mystery figure, as it wouldn't really make sense to leave him out of a Daily Bugle set at this price point.  I do hope there's more than 14 minifigures though, as some additional new heroes would be great.

Edited by spiderfan2000

41 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So with that just wanna thank @Falconfan1414 and any of the other leakers who do what they do for us, and I hope you dont let some sad little kids get you down for something far out of your own control

One would hope that's the case but such a position is sadly naive. The unfortunate reality is that there are absolutely a lot of adults who are that petty, stupid and ignorant-- especially with the anonymity of the internet. 

It would certainly be strange if LEGO was treating the Legacy wave in the way they typically do with sets based on unreleased films(obviously Shang-Chi and Eternals are the exception given the films had multiple last minute delays)unless it's part of a larger Legacy push from Marvel which also seems unlikely as Marvel Legends has been doing Legacy figures and box sets for awhile now. Waiting for an announcement of a new LEGO game seems implausible as well as much as I would love a massive MCU LEGO game on the level of the Skywalker Saga game but given that that game has had problems and multiple delays and we still don't have a definitive release date 2 years after the reveal, there's no way they're about to announce another game that might pull away what little attention is still on the Skywalker Saga before it's eventuall release.

No matter how you cut it, it's certainly odd but at least we've had some, albeit frustratingly blurry(seriously, do these leakers have a cell phone from the past decade? Why are these things always burry!) Set pictures that can tide us over until retailers post their renders. 

24 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Nothing new yet.  Because we have four villains confirmed (Venom, Black Cat, Mysterio and Green Goblin), there logically should be two more villains to form the Sinister Six that has been hinted at, neither of which being new villains and going by the art series that Falconfan was using to confirm villain inclusions and absences, could be among Doc Ock, Vulture, Scorpion, Kraven or Sandman.  I'm also predicting/hoping that Robbie Robertson is the third mystery figure, as it wouldn't really make sense to leave him out of a Daily Bugle set at this price point.  I do hope there's more than 14 minifigures though, as some additional new heroes would be great.

I hope we get three other villains to form a Sinister Six. I'd say Black Cat's more of an ally to Spidey than a nemesis, but Lego's probably not taking that into account.

Just now, Moon_Knight said:

I hope we get three other villains to form a Sinister Six. I'd say Black Cat's more of an ally to Spidey than a nemesis, but Lego's probably not taking that into account.

I'm pretty sure Falconfan described Black Cat as being "the only new villain" in the set, which suggests that she's not being treated as an ally by LEGO.

2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm pretty sure Falconfan described Black Cat as being "the only new villain" in the set, which suggests that she's not being treated as an ally by LEGO.

Well she has been both a hero and a villain. So I guess you can call it either way 

11 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Well she has been both a hero and a villain. So I guess you can call it either way 

Yeah, you're both right. After doing a little research, she has been a member of the Sinister Six before, too, so I guess it's not an outrageous idea. With the many Spider-Man villains we've received in sets over the years it won't be hard to make our own Sinister Six for the DB. The only Spider-Man villain we're really missing is Electro in his classic costume. Really hope we get a minifigure someday.

Sorry guys and gals but its too easy too talk ourselves out as "the bad shit happens on insta".

Because the behaviour in some subs here is borderline as well.

We don't know how stuff works with Lego or anything. There is no propper relationship. But people here act like they are the moral judges of the company or any other people/medium.

It would be much better to try to try to better relationships and demand better communication (with TLG) instead of breeding rumors here.

I am sorry for promobricks, they are a great medium, very dedicated, trustworthy and work more serious than some actual news media.

44 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Yeah, you're both right. After doing a little research, she has been a member of the Sinister Six before, too, so I guess it's not an outrageous idea. With the many Spider-Man villains we've received in sets over the years it won't be hard to make our own Sinister Six for the DB. The only Spider-Man villain we're really missing is Electro in his classic costume. Really hope we get a minifigure someday.

If Electro does show up in the next movie in a prominent role, I could see LEGO making a comic minifigure at some point (probably a year or two later) after the movie version, like what they did with Mysterio.  They also made a new Vulture variant for the comic sets after his appearance in Homecoming.  On the other hand, secondary villains such as Shocker, Molten Man, and Hydro Man have not received comic minifigures yet.

In general, the comic Spider-Man line is in dire need of a better villain selection.  I would be disappointed if the next wave of sets continues to reuse the same villains we keep getting without any new inclusions.  I hope that the new bigfig design we're getting with Thanos this year is used for Kingpin and comic Rhino later on, because it would be quite the missed opportunity to not get either of them.  

9 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

If Electro does show up in the next movie in a prominent role, I could see LEGO making a comic minifigure at some point (probably a year or two later) after the movie version, like what they did with Mysterio.  They also made a new Vulture variant for the comic sets after his appearance in Homecoming.  On the other hand, secondary villains such as Shocker, Molten Man, and Hydro Man have not received comic minifigures yet.

I hope he has a big role in NWH, I love Jamie Foxx!!.. And I also hope he gets a green suit at some point
I noticed that the MCU suits are more and more accurate to the comics since.. around Endgame.. Cap with scales, Iron Man and his armour with muscles, Mysterio, Wanda, Sam as Cap, Zemo etc..

You know what’s even weirder? Thy probably wanted to do the reveal around a day when there’s not a lot of hype for other themes, but for some reason they picked two days before the next Marvel tv show starts, and it isn’t even related to the sets or technically MCU—Modok (which I’m way too hyped for)

Edited by Brickroll

For the Bugle, I'm still a bit curious if no new villain's also applies to no new versions of villains that have already been made before.

12 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I am going to be even more annoyed if the Daily Bugle also has a late release in the United States 

That doesn't happen with D2Cs, you can be sure it will be the same date as Europe.

4 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

For the Bugle, I'm still a bit curious if no new villain's also applies to no new versions of villains that have already been made before.

I'm currently going to assume that Venom will be exactly as he's been the past couple years, Mysterio is probably going to be a repeat of the Monster Truck set version (Though I'd like to see more arm/leg detailing), and Green Goblin is presumably going to be a repeat of the Spider-Lair version (Again, arm printing or dual molded legs would be an appreciated upgrade).