Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

6 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Between the Friends Apartments set reveal and leaked images of the Frozen Ice Castle D2C set, I’m starting to believe the Daily Bugle June release is just a false rumour that got out of hand.

There are a few potential dates of release for that set 

Edited by Trainfan20

Man looking at that Thanos mold again makes me realize how many possibilities there are for future big figs. Now that the bodies are more or less standard and heads are swappable we can have figures like Kingpin and Rhino. All they’d need are different molded or printed heads :wub:

17 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Between the Friends Apartments set reveal and leaked images of the Frozen Ice Castle D2C set, I’m starting to believe the Daily Bugle June release is just a false rumour that got out of hand.

Frozen leaked very very very early 

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'd love a new Infinity Saga/Marvel's Avengers 2 game, but I doubt that's why the sets have been delayed. They're still struggling to release the Skywalker Saga, I'd hate to picture how long it'd take for the Infinity Saga

Unsure about circumstances, but The Skywalker Saga might have behind-the-scenes stuff, Disney want to shift focus away from the sequel trilogy. Unclear if they want focus shifted away temporarily or permanently, but they want to hold off sequel trilogy stuff for a while and are currently trying to re-establish the franchise. They may have some sway over Lego and requested it delayed as such. The Skywalker Saga was originally intended for 20th October 2020. Lego may have had the Infinity Saga in development since Infinity War/Endgame in 2018/2019, so a late 2021 or 2022 release would make sense - 2022 if they wanted to time it with the 10th anniversary of Avengers.

4 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

You would be surprised the amount of people who call it or think its the Milano. 

True, still feel it'd have been more logical to do the Milano.

20 minutes ago, Bricknee said:

Originally the remarks were April/May. Then we had reports of it being delayed and the concern about a lack of May release was due to conflicting with all the other reveals. Personally after May failed, I've latched onto the idea of a late May release, whether that be for VIP's or a full release. In regards to June, it's still possible that the May 26th is just a VIP release with the full availability in June. We've had such a terribly messy schedule from Lego this year that you can't really blame people for the release dates being a nightmare - as even Lego appears to be changing them on the fly.

9 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Man looking at that Thanos mold again makes me realize how many possibilities there are for future big figs. Now that the bodies are more or less standard and heads are swappable we can have figures like Kingpin and Rhino. All they’d need are different molded or printed heads :wub:

Indeed, opens up a lot of options. I'd hope they will revisit Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian next year, he should have a darker colour scheme and they could do with a little more detail, would be nice considering he's the only member of the Black Order that I feel they dropped the ball on due to colour scheme and lack of printed scales on the arms. Gives us a set with Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian, Drax, Spider-man and a Chitauri and I feel that'd round out the Benetar and help with the Black Order.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd hope they will revisit Black Dwarf/Cull Obsidian next year, he should have a darker colour scheme and they could do with a little more detail, would be nice considering he's the only member of the Black Order that I feel they dropped the ball on due to colour scheme and lack of printed scales on the arms. 

To each their own of course but I actually think the current Cull Obsidian is great while they really dropped the ball on Corvus Glaive. His head looks terribly inaccurate without the golden detailing/spikes on his hood, he looks really plain because of the unprinted legs and his glaive has one of the worst weapon builds I've ever seen.

36 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

To each their own of course but I actually think the current Cull Obsidian is great while they really dropped the ball on Corvus Glaive. His head looks terribly inaccurate without the golden detailing/spikes on his hood, he looks really plain because of the unprinted legs and his glaive has one of the worst weapon builds I've ever seen.

They all have terrible weapons xD

But personally I'm fine with everyone of them.. I have them all and love them all

While the wait continues, has someone already planned how much more space we need in our halls of armours? If I am counting correctly, we will get mk3, mk85 (is this the one in final battle?) and christmas iron man in advent calendar. That means that from MCU we still missing mk4, mk8 (there is only partial, the one in tower GWP), mk9-mk16, mk18-21, mk23-mk29, mk31, mk32, mk34-mk36, mk40, mk51-84. So, I do not know how much (and if any) time on screen these suits had. What do you think, is there a chance, we will get some of these suits in the future, or this year wave will fulfil MCU iron man quote for good?

I asked around a bit and it looks like most stores are expecting their first shipments on or around May 25th, no word on when the pics will arrive.

I finally received the new Punisher minifig!! It took so long to arrive but I finally have him!
I know I can't post the pic here since it's technically still a leaked minifig soooo... I hope this works, here it is with the custom van I made for him

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

I finally received the new Punisher minifig!! It took so long to arrive but I finally have him!
I know I can't post the pic here since it's technically still a leaked minifig soooo... I hope this works, here it is with the custom van I made for him

I absolutely love that van, works so good for him!

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I absolutely love that van, works so good for him!

Thanks man
I want to improve it by giving it an interior, like.. just the back doors opening and have some guns mounted on the wall and stuff.. and it's hard because it's very small xD

The set descriptions have now been removed from the online shop.

2 hours ago, TobyAis said:

Lovely. :pir-love:

13 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Dragon Flyer is the "Best in both the game and the collection"

13 hours ago, Scarilian said:

given the odd remark at a game, could the delays be because of a potential Avengers Infinity Saga Game?

Likely meaning is that the ship is good for 'play' and 'display'.

14 hours ago, Scarilian said:

In slightly more serious news, given the odd remark at a game, could the delays be because of a potential Avengers Infinity Saga Game? Perhaps that could explain some of the delays and why we are getting legacy sets and could open up the possibility to more sets later.

Nah, the other Lego sets that tie in with games have never aknowledged so in the description.

Promobricks

Just informed me that they have made an article to explain what is happening with the new wave of Infinity Saga sets.

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Promobricks

Just informed me that they have made an article to explain what is happening with the new wave of Infinity Saga sets.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-marvel-2021-sommer-update/122986/

Here is the article :) 

"As we have now been told, LEGO itself was amazed at the date. Apparently it was a human error in the first place. According to this, a LEGO employee had issued an incorrect date with May 11th. The plan was and still is to make the images available to dealers on May 19th, i.e. next Wednesday."

Seems it's the 19th after all 

I also asked Promobricks those questions I had and here's the basic things to take away:

- No skirt for Wanda and they're not sure about Shuri

- Obadiah seems to have a new head but they're not sure

I still don’t get why they chose to reveal these particular sets this late in the game :wacko: 

• Sets based on the upcoming Eternals & Shang-Chi: Who cares about spoilers, let them leak them left and right
  • Sets based on 2 to 13-year old films: PROTECT THE PICTURES WITH YOUR LIVES

It’s just hilarious to me that we get reviews of some sets scheduled for June before others are even revealed :snicker:

Another week :ugh:

When did they start revealing whole waves 12 days before they're released...

This is just plain stupid, ridiculous and annoying. 

At this rate it's likely enough I'll have bought the sets without seeing any pictures of them, which I probably wouldn't be too opposed to. Iron Monger and EFB are instant day 1 purchases for me

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

At this rate it's likely enough I'll have bought the sets without seeing any pictures of them, which I probably wouldn't be too opposed to. Iron Monger and EFB are instant day 1 purchases for me

Same. After seeing that 19th seems to be the date, I stopped caring at all, and I mean it.

I know which sets I'll buy (funnily enough same ones as you), so I could really just buy them without seeing any pictures.

Lego really just killed my hype for those pictures :sceptic:

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same. After seeing that 19th seems to be the date, I stopped caring at all, and I mean it.

I know which sets I'll buy (funnily enough same ones as you), so I could really just buy them without seeing any pictures.

Lego really just killed my hype for those pictures :sceptic:

I still really really want to see the pictures but like you and @Quicksilver838, I know which sets i'm gonna buy (the sames ^^) and I'll prob try to buy them as quickly as I can.. Only 3 weeks 'til the release

"Some LEGO leakers are currently receiving death threats again" "(...) some of whom are still minors"

... I mean, there's passion for pieces of plastic and then there's whatever this is.

Looking at the bigger picture for a moment though: How much slack does Disney give Lego? If Disney wants Lego to hold off other reveals to let the Bad Batch set hold the spotlight for a moment to promote the show, could they? Would they? They know Marvel sells itself, the reported numbers on WV and FatWS obviously point to the fact that there's a market there regardless of how much fanfare they declare the sets with and the fact that Lego's even revisiting older movies at all so... Yeah. I know people are anxious and disappointed over the whole wait but this community of following-the-leaks-as-they-happen is most likely a very small minority of everybody who ends up buying the sets and, mind you, in the perfect corporate mind there aren't any leaks; the public's supposed to see them when Lego reveals them (which, I know, is almost never the case; human error, curiosity, hype and whatnot). Not knocking people for having emotions, just saying: It's probably all business. Important to remember that we're dealing with the two dominating forces within their fields (one of which has to plan for several licenses fighting each other on the market) and there are probably a lot of thought and discussion within both companies that goes into what gets revealed when.

If you disagree with those business decisions, that's absolutely fine ofc; Lego does make some absolutely baffling choices sometimes.

Just got the news! THIS TIME FOR REAL! 

Official pictures will be out once the sets has been released. :roflmao:

Oh man, another week another waiting. If it comes it comes. Like most of you people. Iron Monger and Endgame Final Battle are the Day 1 buy for me.