Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What, are you talking about buying blindly? :P

Anyways, I havne’t took a look at the first-look blurry pics but this was enough for me tho. I mean, this doens’t bother me much. 

I mean I suppose most people here already know which sets they want to buy.

For example I'll buy Final Battle and Iron Monger sets, and I've known this since the day they revealed set names. New Asgard has to be REALLY good for me to buy it.

So at this point I don't really care about no images if I'll be able to get all those sets in 20 days.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why did they do Wanda so dirty, she's literally the worst minfigure of this wave...

Hydra goon: Am I just a joke to you? 

Meh, pretty sure we’ll see the pictures before next Tuesday. The embargo has still been lifted, hasn’t it? Haven’t seen anything suggesting otherwise :classic:

29 minutes ago, Scarilian said:
  • I feel Lego monumentally damaged the hype for this wave by failing to reveal official set images and by delaying the entire waves release for the US - coupled with delaying the official reveal AGAIN. We've seen a large amount of the figures and generally the figures are what help sell these sets. Seeing the box arts as some blurry photo's after all this is icing on the cake. At this stage I'm normally deciding on what to get based on official images... just generally feels 'eh'

Leaked minfigures and descriptions were an appetizer. They made us so hyped for the main dish.

The main dish leaked yesterday. Packaging, general thoughts, builds.

The dessert will be official pictures. Sure, I'm waiting for it, but at this point I'm pretty full.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Meh, pretty sure we’ll see the pictures before next Tuesday. The embargo has still been lifted, hasn’t it? Haven’t seen anything suggesting otherwise :classic:

I don't expect generic goons to be fantastic. 

This one works enough for me - great torso print, and he has a cap instead of that misfit hair (it's included in the set tho, but it's for Cap).

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That Hydra goon is pretty good compared to Wanda, though I'm kinda biased as she's my favorite character (alongside Bucky) so I want her figures to be perfect. The torso is fantastic but that's where the good stuff ends.

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That Hydra goon is pretty good compared to Wanda, though I'm kinda biased as she's my favorite character (alongside Bucky) so I want her figures to be perfect. The torso is fantastic but that's where the good stuff ends.

It's kinda sad that literally the only good thing about this minfig is the torso...

For skirt piece for Shuri and Wanda, Are there recent examples of similar pieces? The Echo figure in the bad batch shuttle has a print instead of a skirt piece. I wonder if lego isn't doing those fabrics any more. Seems odd otherwise that they wouldn't make one for Wanda (or Echo for that matter)

Can anyone tell if the Iron Man in the Endgame Final Battle is the same fig as in 2019 or a new one? I really want to get a good look at that Iron Man, it might be what sells me on that set.

9 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

For skirt piece for Shuri and Wanda, Are there recent examples of similar pieces? The Echo figure in the bad batch shuttle has a print instead of a skirt piece. I wonder if lego isn't doing those fabrics any more. Seems odd otherwise that they wouldn't make one for Wanda (or Echo for that matter) 

Lego Flip-Flops on their rules constantly. For example, the new Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck both have fabric skirts, while Rachel from friends has a printed skirt.
They have a similar inconsistency problem with the 'bald = stud' & 'bald w/ sides = mould' for minifigures. I wish they'd just stick to a set of rules already :P

Edited by Brick Cucumber

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't expect generic goons to be fantastic. 

Shouldn’t the minifig then be classified as “disappointing” rather than “bad”? :laugh:

I personally love it, but I see why you’re disappointed :classic:

21 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Can anyone tell if the Iron Man in the Endgame Final Battle is the same fig as in 2019 or a new one? I really want to get a good look at that Iron Man, it might be what sells me on that set.

It's hard to tell with the image that is available, even Promobricks can't confirm nor deny. But if you ask me with all of the figs in there being new, I doubt they leave Ironman (cash cow) hanging being old minifigure from 2019. But who knows. 

44 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Unknown as of now.

But seeing as even Chitauri got an update, Iron Man getting one seems like a no-brainer.

Seems weird to mention the nano gauntlet assembly without it being in the set tbh! Hoping ironman gets something thrown his way. Its insane how many KO have done better Mk84

17 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Seems weird to mention the nano gauntlet assembly without it being in the set tbh! Hoping ironman gets something thrown his way. Its insane how many KO have done better Mk84

Set gives us a mini gauntlet for Ironman, chima/shocker gauntlet piece in red, can't confirm if there's any printing in it. 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Set gives us a mini gauntlet for Ironman, chima/shocker gauntlet piece in red, can't confirm if there's any printing in it. 

Awesome. My statement was implying there will be something in the set due to the nano gauntlet chamber. The Chima Gauntlet piece aint perfect but it will do! Just hoping he has the charger on his back now or some print difference.

Meanwhile some funny remarks by Lego (and probably some translation site that listed the descriptions)

• Dragon Flyer is the "One of the most famous flying machines in Marvel movies" :roflmao:
  • Dragon Flyer is the "Best in both the game and the collection"
  • Iron Monger is called the "Iron Merchant" with the set being "Iron Man: Fight the Iron Merchant"
  • "Movable Limbs" are considered a feature
  • The Infinity Gauntlet is now a Glove, referred to as the "Infinity Glove" and the "Golden Glove"
  • The Infinity Gauntlet is female referred to as "She" (Reference to the Ego Gem/Nemesis /s)
  • The Benetar is called "Guardianship Ship"
  • The opening cockpit has room for "all the iconic Lego Marvel minifigures" of which the Chitauri is listed amongst the Guardians. Perhaps they honestly thought Drax was the Chitauri, maybe we'll see it riding in the cockpit with the Guardians or drinking coffee and donuts? :roflmao:
  • "A partially assembled motorcycle so kids can get started on their own" without such help as a partially assembled motorcycle :tongue:
  • The instruction manual is now deemed as "intuitive" for including pictures
  • "Decorating the interior" after you have built a set, presumably using other pieces, is now a selling feature of the set

In slightly more serious news, given the odd remark at a game, could the delays be because of a potential Avengers Infinity Saga Game? Perhaps that could explain some of the delays and why we are getting legacy sets and could open up the possibility to more sets later.

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Meanwhile some funny remarks by Lego (and probably some translation site that listed the descriptions)

• Dragon Flyer is the "One of the most famous flying machines in Marvel movies" :roflmao:
  • Dragon Flyer is the "Best in both the game and the collection"
  • Iron Monger is called the "Iron Merchant" with the set being "Iron Man: Fight the Iron Merchant"
  • "Movable Limbs" are considered a feature
  • The Infinity Gauntlet is now a Glove, referred to as the "Infinity Glove" and the "Golden Glove"
  • The Infinity Gauntlet is female referred to as "She" (Reference to the Ego Gem/Nemesis /s)
  • The Benetar is called "Guardianship Ship"
  • The opening cockpit has room for "all the iconic Lego Marvel minifigures" of which the Chitauri is listed amongst the Guardians. Perhaps they honestly thought Drax was the Chitauri, maybe we'll see it riding in the cockpit with the Guardians or drinking coffee and donuts? :roflmao:
  • "A partially assembled motorcycle so kids can get started on their own" without such help as a partially assembled motorcycle :tongue:
  • The instruction manual is now deemed as "intuitive" for including pictures
  • "Decorating the interior" after you have built a set, presumably using other pieces, is now a selling feature of the set

In slightly more serious news, given the odd remark at a game, could the delays be because of a potential Avengers Infinity Saga Game? Perhaps that could explain some of the delays and why we are getting legacy sets and could open up the possibility to more sets later.

Pretty sure most of this is because they were translated from a Russian site.

also the Benatar was hardly called the Benatar in any merch or media tbh. Pat might not have let them use the name publicly or something idk.

Just now, Ghostcat said:

Pretty sure most of this is because they were translated from a Russian site.

I'd chalk most of them up to translation issues, but still gave me a laugh.

2 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

also the Benatar was hardly called the Benatar in any merch or media tbh. Pat might not have let them use the name publicly or something idk. 

True, I guess it only really matters with the name if it's on the stand, though curious if the set will be called just 'Guardian Ship' or some variation, still feel the Milano is more iconic so far.

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd love a new Infinity Saga/Marvel's Avengers 2 game, but I doubt that's why the sets have been delayed. They're still struggling to release the Skywalker Saga, I'd hate to picture how long it'd take for the Infinity Saga

2 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd chalk most of them up to translation issues, but still gave me a laugh.

True, I guess it only really matters with the name if it's on the stand, though curious if the set will be called just 'Guardian Ship' or some variation, still feel the Milano is more iconic so far.

The general Public dont know the ship AS the Benatar tbh. You would be surprised the amount of people who call it or think its the Milano. 

The guardians ship is enough of a name while the visuals and recognition sell it!

28 minutes ago, Albert with an A said:

So does it mean there is no drax in benator or just a translation issue

No Drax in the Benatar.

Between the Friends Apartments set reveal and leaked images of the Frozen Ice Castle D2C set, I’m starting to believe the Daily Bugle June release is just a false rumour that got out of hand.