Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm a little surprised the US got the shaft with the Marvel sets. For how many times Europe and other countries have missed out (Silver Centurian, Black Widow Comic Con set, etc.), though, I can't complain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

I'm a little surprised the US got the shaft with the Marvel sets. For how many times Europe and other countries have missed out (Silver Centurian, Black Widow Comic Con set, etc.), though, I can't complain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah this doesn't make up for Red Guardian only being sold in America

When it's just a matter of of release date differences, nobody truly gets the shaft. So you have to wait a couple of months extra, oh well. In the US  the sets are guaranteed to be widely available, you start out with the lowest comparative RRP in the world, and there are pretty much guaranteed sales to drop that even lower.

Try living in Australia where a release date is meaningless and it's a guessing game anyway, even LEGO.com is routinely out of stock of any desirable set, and sales usually at best bring the price down to slightly above full US retail price.

You get used to it, but the point is, release date differences is one of the most annoying things to hear complaints about because it all works out in the wash!

LOL same thing happened last year with the Harry Potter sets, I actually don’t mind it considering how many sets are being pushed out in the summer wave that are must haves!

As some others have already mentioned, the Endgame Final Battle is way bigger than the initial descriptions had made it seem. I can't say for sure since the pics are rather low quality, but I like what I see and I'm really glad that Big Figs are finally getting some improvements, though I wish they'd gone all the way and made the legs have articulation as well. None of the other sets we've seen really stand out to me, though I'll probably get the Iron Monger if I can find it for less than $30.

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Yeah this doesn't make up for Red Guardian only being sold in America

If it makes you feel better I’m in America and noticed the Black Widow set was up online during an appointment where I didn’t have my card with me, and when I got home it was sold out. :facepalm:

33 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

When it's just a matter of of release date differences, nobody truly gets the shaft. So you have to wait a couple of months extra, oh well. In the US  the sets are guaranteed to be widely available, you start out with the lowest comparative RRP in the world, and there are pretty much guaranteed sales to drop that even lower.

Try living in Australia where a release date is meaningless and it's a guessing game anyway, even LEGO.com is routinely out of stock of any desirable set, and sales usually at best bring the price down to slightly above full US retail price.

You get used to it, but the point is, release date differences is one of the most annoying things to hear complaints about because it all works out in the wash!

people can still be annoyed and complain, we will buy the sets regardless 

59 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Totally fair points, my issue with this particular delay tho is know these sets come out at tge same time as SW which also takes a large part of my attention, I was banking on being able to buy the marvel sets in june then recoup for August, just a matter of too much at once now

35 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Totally fair points, my issue with this particular delay tho is know these sets come out at tge same time as SW which also takes a large part of my attention, I was banking on being able to buy the marvel sets in june then recoup for August, just a matter of too much at once now

Can't you just put the money aside and pretend as if you bought them, then use said money when they release? 

(I will say I am also disapointed it is delayed, but far from surprised after last year)

Edited by Surge

I'm honestly a bit glad that we in America have a delay. I was having to decide between The Daily Bugle and this wave, but now I can spread it out and have a chance to breathe. The only thing that could be bad about August is if the Harry Potter D2C actually turns out to be something interesting, then I'm back to square one. :iamded_lol:

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

My thoughts too. I've had to order a few sets from oversees before because we never got them in NZ. There are sets that also get released in Europe that never made it (Bricktober, X-Men Sentinel), so waiting for a few months but at least getting them without shipping costs is great, let alone discounts... 

7 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Wait, I live in England and got Silver Centurion from a friend who's also I England. Were we not supposed to get it?

12 hours ago, TobyAis said:

[Jeremy Clarkson reaction meme]

Cruel :laugh:
Was thinking the same thing, though :innocent:

Apparently I missed out on some better quality pictures, 'cause ninoleaks removed them from his page. 
Or maybe you guys just have better eyes than I do, I dunno :shrug_oh_well:

Regards,
Mitch

25 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

Wait, I live in England and got Silver Centurion from a friend who's also I England. Were we not supposed to get it?

In Europe you got the minifig from preordering a Lego Marvel game, but that's it and for a time, the minifig was around 50-60€ in most country and then.. in the US, they had an overstock of it, so for a few months, you could go to any gamestop and ask if they had any more Silver Centurion and they would give it to you.. so most of the people selling the minifig got it for free but are still selling it for 30€

I know that it's been pointed out that the sticker has Rocket and Carol in it, and this could be our first look in the Captain Marvel we could be getting! Or it will be a different one as she is donning a different outfit.

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I know that it's been pointed out that the sticker has Rocket and Carol in it, and this could be our first look in the Captain Marvel we could be getting! Or it will be a different one as she is donning a different outfit.

The Endgame costume is pretty much a colorswap of her costume in Captain Marvel, I doubt this hologram sticker will offer us much of an insight into what the figure will look like beyond what hair they'll be using. 

7 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Endgame costume is pretty much a colorswap of her costume in Captain Marvel, I doubt this hologram sticker will offer us much of an insight into what the figure will look like beyond what hair they'll be using. 

You can rewatch the scenes, hologram and final battle is the same costume, she already have the blue in red she was wearing in the final battle, wasn't just really popping because she was in hologram. So design wise if they decided to be accurate on the sticker, it will be the one we will be getting. 

32 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

How did people manage to see it :laugh_hard:

But my god, that's an incredible detail. The compound will be fantastic. 

2 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

You can rewatch the scenes, hologram and final battle is the same costume, she already have the blue in red she was wearing in the final battle, wasn't just really popping because she was in hologram. So design wise if they decided to be accurate on the sticker, it will be the one we will be getting. 

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the main Endgame costume is pretty much a colorswapped version of the Captain Marvel costume so knowing LEGO they'll just reuse the old design and change the colors, which aren't going to be present on a hologram sticker.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How did people manage to see it :laugh_hard:

But my god, that's an incredible detail. The compound will be fantastic. 

Yeah indeed, I really hope we can get an extension set for this, throw Iron Patriot V2, Smart Hulk, Ronin/Hawkeye, Valkyrie with large Chitauri Leviathan and a couple of army.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the main Endgame costume is pretty much a colorswapped version of the Captain Marvel costume so knowing LEGO they'll just reuse the old design and change the colors, which aren't going to be present on a hologram sticker.

Ohhh got it, so what you're saying is it could be just color altered figure, not an entirely new with correct colors and design printing. I see, thanks for clarification.

14 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

Sadly Marvel sets are August 1st but... Daily Bugle is coming May 26th!

Does May 26th mean May 26th for everyone or just VIPs?

if it’s For everyone, does that mean VIPs could get it earlier?

2 hours ago, TobyAis said:

in the US, they had an overstock of it, so for a few months, you could go to any gamestop and ask if they had any more Silver Centurion and they would give it to you.. 

Guilty of driving around to several Gamestops back then and getting two or three Silver Centurions. One of them had a whole box of Iron Patriot polybags sitting around and gave me three of those, and another had one of the DC promo figures and gave me that. That was a good LEGO day.

Not guilty of selling any of them, though.

Did anyone here mention how the white bricks on the packaging aren't just white bricks - they actually depict Lego Marvel characters and moments!

How cool is that? That must be my favourite Lego packaging ever.

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Did anyone here mention how the white bricks on the packaging aren't just white bricks - they actually depict Lego Marvel characters and moments!

How cool is that? That must be my favourite Lego packaging ever.

That's rad!

Might also be my fav, just the clean black and white with the gorgeous Infinity Saga logo *chef's kiss*