Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

We'll see every minifigs of every sets before they reveal anything at this rate

Personally, I doubt it. We should see the full reveals. 

WOW, Eternals already looks like one of the most interesting and distinct MCU movies ever... enough of the movie talk though please give me the Infinity Saga set pictures Lego/Marvel

2 minutes ago, JamPotStudios said:

I'm guessing that if anything, the delay in Marvel reveals is tied up with Lego's licensing agreement with Disney.

Imagine if they split up. No more Star Wars or Marvel.

Just to put out an alternative viewpoint: while it would make sense to us for the sets to be revealed today alongside the video, from a marketing perspective it might be better to hold out for another time. Rather than cramming all their news in to one day, and thus only getting one article on a site, if they do different reveals at different times Marvel has more presence in more news cycles, which is better from a PR perspective. Today will all be new Eternals footage / new movie names articles -- why have the Lego sets only be a paragraph at the bottom of those today when they could be a whole article to themselves another day? 

Don't get me wrong, I'd *love* the sets to be revealed today, but I think the comments about the "perfect" time to reveal them are only looking from a consumer / our viewpoint.

This just shows how they are so confident with the sets. F*** marketing even there none, these sets will sell like hotcakes! :roflmao:

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Keep in mind this is Star Wars time, Disney doesn’t like two of their biggest franchises competing 

Then they should'nt have delayed the reveal of the Marvel stuff so much, at this point Disney is competiting with itself with the Marvel movie teasers and info released today - so Lego should just show the official images.

If we end up getting every figure and set leaked to us it's going to massively weaken the hype when official set images arrive.

7 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Keep in mind this is Star Wars time, Disney doesn’t like two of their biggest franchises competing 

Yet they released an big trailer/teaser with the names of the most anticipated upcoming movies just before SW day
Today's is def Marvel time

Edited by TobyAis

Just now, Scarilian said:

Then they should'nt have delayed the reveal of the Marvel stuff so much, at this point Disney is competiting with itself with the Marvel movie teasers and info released today - so Lego should just show the official images.

If we end up getting every figure and set leaked to us it's going to massively weaken the hype when official set images arrive.

This make sense for us fans but for TLG, I don't even know what they're thinking.. they literally wasted the opportunity with Endgame year 2, and national superheroes day now this also. You never know what they're thinking.

I get the frustration but the reveal is happening one way or another. This is just a test of patience :) 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This make sense for us fans but for TLG, I don't even know what they're thinking.. they literally wasted the opportunity with Endgame year 2, and national superheroes day now this also. You never know what they're thinking.

That’s the thing. I doubt they even think. I love LEGO and their products, but they’re pretty dumb if I have to be honest. 

43 minutes ago, PhoenixBuilder said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd *love* the sets to be revealed today, but I think the comments about the "perfect" time to reveal them are only looking from a consumer / our viewpoint.

Agreed. Also, the members on this forum represent such a small percentage of their target audience. However they decide to reveal them, I'm pretty sure they would've put more thought and analysis into it than we have.

You guys realize that as "late" you perceive these reveals to be, we still now basically nothing about the friends D2C that apparently releases in less then 2 weeks, is it not possible they are just playing these INCREDIBLY close to the chest because they simply have strong faith in this wave

With how much discussion there is over literally nothing happening, this thread is going to be a madhouse when the sets are finally revealed.

1 minute ago, BigGuy4U said:

this thread is going to be a madhouse when the sets are finally revealed.

Going to?..

7 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

You guys realize that as "late" you perceive these reveals to be, we still now basically nothing about the friends D2C that apparently releases in less then 2 weeks, is it not possible they are just playing these INCREDIBLY close to the chest because they simply have strong faith in this wave

D2Cs are always revealed way later than regular sets. Half the time they're revealed the day they come out. I can't think of a regular wave of sets that was revealed this close to release before.

6 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

D2C's are a bit different, can understand us not seeing the Marvel D2C or similar D2C's sometimes all the way to the day of release... but we have at the least 6 regular sets releasing around June and they've yet to reveal them.

We also have the mess with the Shang Chi sets ontop of this where Europe does not have them yet the US does - and we've got no sense when Europe is going to get the sets.

6 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

D2Cs are always revealed way later than regular sets. Half the time they're revealed the day they come out. I can't think of a regular wave of sets that was revealed this close to release before.

Monkie kid, force awakens, last jedi, rise of Skywalker, rogue one waves all revealed within 2 weeks of release, tho they all had majority of set images leak before hand

And as you just brought up, Shang Chi leaked ridiculously early, but Lego only Officially revealed them 1 week before North American release 

Edited by legosamsonite
Expansion

5 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Monkie kid, force awakens, last jedi, rise of Skywalker, rogue one waves all revealed within 2 weeks of release, tho they all had majority of set images leak before hand

And as you just brought up, Shang Chi leaked ridiculously early, but Lego only Officially revealed them 1 week before North American release 

Yeah, the Star Wars ones were for spoilers and such, new movie sets are revealed and released close to the new movie so nothing leaks, but I'll give you Monkie kid.

1 hour ago, namioik said:

I get the frustration but the reveal is happening one way or another. This is just a test of patience :) 

That's not really the point. 

We obviously know that, eventually, they will reveal those sets.

What we're talking about is how they've had VARIOUS opportunities to reveal them - Endgame 2nd anniversary, National Superhero Day, Iron Man 13th anniversary, Marvel Celebrates movies trailer drop and Marvel Must Haves - yet they literally didn't use the Marvel hype on any of those days.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's not really the point. 

We obviously know that, eventually, they will reveal those sets.

What we're talking about is how they've had VARIOUS opportunities to reveal them - Endgame 2nd anniversary, National Superhero Day, Iron Man 13th anniversary, Marvel Celebrates movies trailer drop and Marvel Must Haves - yet they literally didn't use the Marvel hype on any of those days.

I agree with the guy who said they are dumb, and this. Whatever though, if they don't want to be on the hype train

Once again weird face and hair choice.. but I wasn't expecting much more, the torso is pretty good..