Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Yeah pretty much every figure this Marvel wave has been on the same level of previous releases if not less impressive. I get the argument of “they can only budget to give a few series quality detailed printing and other themes need it more” but I don’t want to give the lego group much slack. So far this leak season;

• Rocket Raccon - wrong color

• Shuri - incorrect hairpiece and missing leg print

• Scarlet Witch -  inaccurate face print and expression (smile plus double smile?) 

• Black Panther - missing leg and arm printing and I don’t care how low everyone else’s standards are, taking into consideration the  design that inspired the figure, this new BP is bad.

• Thor - no new hair piece me cry

• Iron Man - needs arm printing but he works alright

• Mantis - needs leg printing

another new leak thats a but of a let down. At least we can swap her hair and face because the torso print is nice.

Damn.. why do you buy Lego Marvel if this particular "leak season" has been a let down.. I don't imagine how let down you've been for the past 8 years...
Also, Shuri's hair is SOO FAR from being incorrect, look at her hair in Endgame

Okay so I know this is strange to ask but when do the Ninjago/Minecraft sets release for the US 😪 I’m really dying to know 😪😪

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I mean.... that's called inflation.

Yeah, checks out, US$60 in 2021 had the same purchase power as US$52 in 2013

25 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Damn.. why do you buy Lego Marvel if this particular "leak season" has been a let down.. I don't imagine how let down you've been for the past 8 years...
Also, Shuri's hair is SOO FAR from being incorrect, look at her hair in Endgame

Because my figure selection shows me it hasn’t always been like this. My Spiderman, HobGoblin, Doc Oc figs on the shelf next to me all have dual molded legs. The Rescue, Black Widow, Iron Man, War Machine, and Captain Marvel on that shelf all have leg print. A piece exists that would work well for dual molded legs for my Cap. Lego’s wave last year with the Squre Enix designs had some amazing figures with great printing. Not every wave is this bad. I remember the Infinity war figures impressed me, and I admired the Eternals leaks from earlier this year. I express both gratitude and criticism for Lego products and I’m just saying further down the line, considering this theme is probably evergreen, Lego should fix some of these flaws. Thats all. I’d love to see a Legacy wave that compels me to pick a set up. This just won’t be that wave

edit I have seen her hair she has an up do similar to the piece she got but its braided and leads to a long braid down her back or side. Lego could have at least printed the braid or sculpted a new piece. This piece is textured hair maybe in a bun she had long braided hair. Look at Anakins Padawan figure they’ve been able to print braids without sculpting new pieces before.

edit again I want to just say I apologize if I sound too negative if I had made my account a few years back I’d have had a lot of good to say about the Homecoming, Far From Home, Infinity War etc waves but I joined when lego made Spidey vs Venom every other wave and then this

Edited by cosmic

On 4/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, SpiderJazz said:

BrothersFigure and I think Phoenix (it's been designed afaik)

Thanks for the recs! I took a look and while they look great, I can't justify spending so much on what is still plastic. 

I'm designing my own US Agent figure and I am hoping to get this design printed for myself. Does anyone know of any (relatively) cheap mini figure printing services? MinifigFX can't print minifigure feet and Bricksanity seem to be busy and hasn't responded to my email. 

Edited by BrobaFett

27 minutes ago, nintendude64 said:

Which legs are these? They look perfect!

They're my good ol' trusty

You take the Inferno Squad legs and erase the hip and top of the legs (the pouches)

45706392625_14882debb1_b.jpg

Sorry if this has been covered before in the thread. Is the small S@H exclusive set with Falcon, Black Widow, and the AIM agents retired? I just ordered the FFH museum set and the new Iron Venom/pig Venom pack last night with my SW sets, but the Falcon/Widow set has been sold out for weeks. Is it gone for good?

16 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Sorry if this has been covered before in the thread. Is the small S@H exclusive set with Falcon, Black Widow, and the AIM agents retired? I just ordered the FFH museum set and the new Iron Venom/pig Venom pack last night with my SW sets, but the Falcon/Widow set has been sold out for weeks. Is it gone for good?

let me check
Edit: ok so it's not, at least in Europe it just seems out of stock (it isn't in my country, it's even -30%)

Edited by TobyAis

It's pretty crazy to think that this year, Marvel is the last major June theme to be revealed, just like Harry Potter last year.

It shows that they have confidence in this wave, which I love.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It shows that they have confidence in this wave, which I love.

What do you mean.. when they reveal a theme late, it shows they believe in it?

31 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

What do you mean.. when they reveal a theme late, it shows they believe in it?

Yeah, pretty much. Just like last year they did with Harry Potter.

I think this basically means that they don't have to release pictures very early so people see them, but they feel like rather this is an "instant buy" type of wave. 

2 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

So many fake Daredevils have 'leaked' that when we see the real one, we'll probably discredit it.

It's listed as retiring soon and on UK shop@home says retiring soon :)

2 hours ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:
4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I honestly think LEGO Marvel was fine till 2018

hmm no idea if I quoted correctly :pir-classic:

naja - wow this set already looks amazing with not thaaat many pieces (comparing to the UCS Falcon or mocs from bigger ships with like 10.000 pieces!!
I hope Lego can do similar!

about this and even more about figures: I just think it's sad that people let their fantasy and expectations (which are both great <3) lead them into being angry when children toys made by capitalist company in capitalist system don't meet CMF or UCS standards while being in a price range under 200 euro or not being within the CMF line. If the marvel CMF refrains from detailed printing - the outcry would be much more justified due to a history of very detailed CMF's and naja often bad figures within (expensive) sets.

But this wave already seems to be much better. I mean what would people say if we would simply get another buch of rehashed figures, same looking henchmen and weird oversized, childish truck-bike sets. And of course the spider-man bikes, helicopters, planes which he needs so much :laugh:

And yes, before a certain year there was many decent marvel sets. I think about the first guardians wave: Ronin figure, pretty much perfect, guardians outfits were pretty nice.

Do you think Captain Marvel will also have a new minifig? They seem to be making a lot of new one for this wave.. Wait.. all the minifigs we've seen so far are new aren't they?

Edited by TobyAis

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Do you think Captain Marvel will also have a new minifig? They seem to be making a lot of new one for this wave.. Wait.. all the minifigs we've seen so far are new aren't they?

Yeps, no rehash has been leaked yet.

I don't remember who didn't like the hair I used for Wanda but anyway, I propose you another solution (won't use it but you might).. It's Sharon's hair

IMG_20210502_004132.jpg

4 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I don't remember who didn't like the hair I used for Wanda but anyway, I propose you another solution (won't use it but you might).. It's Sharon's hair

I use Sharon’s hair. I think it looks really close to end of Civil War Wanda. I like the Elizabeth Swann one, though. Think I might get it for my Endgame Wanda.

falcon fan reposted the eternals sets on his story....interesting. Why would he need to remind us/want to repost them when we already know about them?

13 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

falcon fan reposted the eternals sets on his story....interesting. Why would he need to remind us/want to repost them when we already know about them?

Some speculation online as to the idea that Eternals may get something this week - could be linked to that? but probably just a reminder of upcomming Marvel sets.

Edited by Scarilian

26 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

Didn't the set description for Arishem's Shadow leak on Lego.com a couple of weeks ago? 

3 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Didn't the set description for Arishem's Shadow leak on Lego.com a couple of weeks ago? 

I mean we don't need a description because we have the set pics. I am not sure much new stuff could've been revealed