Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Yeah, the new figs are far from awful, a bit lazy, yeah but it was also expected.. and it's not as bad as it use to be.. sometimes

1 minute ago, Childe_Roland said:

The only Square Enix character I liked was Black Panther. I like the simplicity and comiciness of the character compared to the MCU versions. Just looked better imo.

People can say what they want about the helmet they used for Iron Man but I liked it.. it made sense and I think it could even be used for later Mark, when his armour started to look less bulky and more slim

Love the new torso print, and appreciate that Wanda finally has her own unique headprint, but the volume of that hairpiece makes her look like Agatha Harkness more than Wanda..

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

It doesn't matter how sour people get, they'll swing right around when the set pics finally come out. Unless of course the sets are as disappointing as the minifigures.

This

Can't wait to see the 180 on opinions when they leak/get revealed 

2 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Love the new torso print, and appreciate that Wanda finally has her own unique headprint, but the volume of that hairpiece makes her look like Agatha Harkness more than Wanda..

I’m sure we’ll see Wanda’s new head on Supergirl next year. Mark my words.

57 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Benatar was already a great set before, I'm sure it will be a greater build now, at a greater price point. Regarding the final battle, I have one tiny expectation (which will probably be lead to dissapointment): they give Iron Man Mk85 dual molded legs (gold/dark red). It would give a way more consistent look between the arms and the legs.

The previous Benetar was split between two sets and I'd guess was around 800 pieces - this new one is 1901. I'd hope the build is a lot better with enough room for all the figures and an interior segment so we can display the team, but it really needs to be amazing to justify getting a ship that at the moment has done virtually nothing in the series, it's not been in fights or anything yet. I'm mostly planning to modify it into a Milano depending on how it looks and how it looks. I can see the Mk85 being a repeat of the prior version honestly, I think Thanos is going to be the thing that makes or breaks the set for most people as he's the one presumably inflating the price tag.

1 minute ago, legosamsonite said:

Can't wait to see the 180 on opinions when they leak/get revealed  

Potentially... we've seen quite a few of the figures at the moment and we still have some odd choices involved such as the apparent lack of Drax in the Benetar (Guessing he'll get a polybag?)

Edited by Scarilian

6 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

People can say what they want about the helmet they used for Iron Man but I liked it.. it made sense and I think it could even be used for later Mark, when his armour started to look less bulky and more slim

Yeah, I agree, his helmet was much slimmer and the gold parts less involved in endgame, I gave my mark 85 that helmet, along with some chrome gold arms from a key chain, one of my favorite figs now

I was thinking about this, has someone found any good legs for the new Shuri?
d8ba64539899a56583c1c1545f0da6f5.png

Edited by TobyAis

3 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

2020 Thanos.

11 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The previous Benetar was split between two sets and I'd guess was around 800 pieces - this new one is 1901. I'd hope the build is a lot better with enough room for all the figures and an interior segment so we can display the team, but it really needs to be amazing to justify getting a ship that at the moment has done virtually nothing in the series, it's not been in fights or anything yet. I'm mostly planning to modify it into a Milano depending on how it looks and how it looks. I can see the Mk85 being a repeat of the prior version honestly, I think Thanos is going to be the thing that makes or breaks the set for most people as he's the one presumably inflating the price tag.

Together the old guardians ship had almost exactly 900 pieces. Now the question is do they focus on outside (a UCS version of this ship could be done at 4000 pieces and would still not satisfy some people) or do they make a compromise. I am optimistic that it can be really good while many will not be happy.

And concerning the figures: Lego could surprise us with so many things; but honestly I think leaks actually help Lego. Because with them, people see the mediocre or even bad figures before the sets hit it in their faces. If they do a proper Thanos - even with some new big fig way of putting a head, that can then be exchanged, turned (Thanos, Hulk etc.) - thats already more then people could have expected without the leaked list, if we compare to the shitty last waves. You can always hope; but please let's stay adult here if sets don't turn out to be beyond what factories, budget and call it evil cooperate men decide for the children toys.

Marvel builds sucked like 40% of the time and figures were like the worst since endgame. I wouldn't expect them to do dual molding and everything so suddenly. Yes it can and should be done but in the past it wasn't so it would be great if we get but there's no reason to assume it will.

This is how LEGO expects us to believe how Wanda acted in the final battle

20210501_151027.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Together the old guardians ship had almost exactly 900 pieces. Now the question is do they focus on outside (a UCS version of this ship could be done at 4000 pieces and would still not satisfy some people) or do they make a compromise. I am optimistic that it can be really good while many will not be happy.

And concerning the figures: Lego could surprise us with so many things; but honestly I think leaks actually help Lego. Because with them, people see the mediocre or even bad figures before the sets hit it in their faces. If they do a proper Thanos - even with some new big fig way of putting a head, that can then be exchanged, turned (Thanos, Hulk etc.) - thats already more then people could have expected without the leaked list, if we compare to the shitty last waves. You can always hope; but please let's stay adult here if sets don't turn out to be beyond what factories, budget and call it evil cooperate men decide for the children toys.

Marvel builds sucked like 40% of the time and figures were like the worst since endgame. I wouldn't expect them to do dual molding and everything so suddenly. Yes it can and should be done but in the past it wasn't so it would be great if we get but there's no reason to assume it will.

I honestly think LEGO Marvel was fine till 2018

4 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Imo the Wanda minifig should not be smiling imo, need I remind everyone of the "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME" scene? She should have an angry expression on atleast one side of her head 

Yeah same, its a crazy look for a crazy woman. We should’ve known she was going to go off the deep end when she smiled a little while crushing Thanos inside his armor.

37 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I saw someone on Flickr use the Dr. Strange legs and they look pretty good. Also, I think it was you who said that you’ll be taking you current Wanda fig and just replacing the torso with the new one, and I 100% agree. I’ll be doing the same. (I would quote the original post but its like 5 pages away now lol)

2 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Yeah same, its a crazy look for a crazy woman. We should’ve known she was going to go off the deep end when she smiled a little while crushing Thanos inside his armor.

I saw someone on Flickr use the Dr. Strange legs and they look pretty good. Also, I think it was you who said that you’ll be taking you current Wanda fig and just replacing the torso with the new one, and I 100% agree. I’ll be doing the same. (I would quote the original post but its like 5 pages away now lol)

I just think one side of the head being angry is very warranted

Just found a photo of Ms Marvel's suit on set for her series, and next to Hawkeye's shown earlier in the week, I'm praying for extra D+ LEGO content. Don't want to wait two years to maybe get more of these figures in a CMF series 2 (which would need to cover at least 8 shows at said point)

3 minutes ago, TOTDForever said:

I just think one side of the head being angry is very warranted

Yeah I never understand why Lego does double sided heads but makes the both expressions so similar to one another sometimes.

I've done a quick photoshop job of what my custom Wanda will look like, with and without the new head.. and I might not change the head after all..

IMG_20210501_17346.png
IMG_20210501_173436.png

4 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I've done a quick photoshop job of what my custom Wanda will look like, with and without the new head.. and I might not change the head after all..

Not a fan of the hairpiece itself but other than that this looks great. Really hope a cloth piece will be included, for Shuri as well.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Not a fan of the hairpiece itself but other than that this looks great. Really hope a cloth piece will be included, for Shuri as well.

One can still hope.. although, I don't think Shuri will get one, it wouldn't make sense to me since they printed the yellow clothes she wears around her waist

48 minutes ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

This is how LEGO expects us to believe how Wanda acted in the final battle

Yee, the closest we got was this - but it's so short of a scene that it's forgettable and such an odd choice for a figure face.
original.gif

58 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Here (and below) is a UCS Milano someone made with around 1507 pieces to get a sense of what we could expect in terms of size/scale - note that the Benetar has back wings and the escape pod which would presumably make up the remaining pieces. I'd hope we get something of a similar level of size/detail.

58 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

And concerning the figures: Lego could surprise us with so many things; but honestly I think leaks actually help Lego. Because with them, people see the mediocre or even bad figures before the sets hit it in their faces. If they do a proper Thanos - even with some new big fig way of putting a head, that can then be exchanged, turned (Thanos, Hulk etc.) - thats already more then people could have expected without the leaked list, if we compare to the shitty last waves.

Admittedly true, though still depends how the figure is done and its detailing. Head turning is nice, but if he lacks his helmet then that will be unfortunate, in a similar regard if he lacks his sword and good detailing. I think it's what will determine people's views on the Final Battle Set.

5 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Someone has done an edit giving her legs, arm print and the skirt.

Edited by Scarilian

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Here (and below) is a UCS Milano someone made with around 1507 pieces to get a sense of what we could expect in terms of size/scale - note that the Benetar has back wings and the escape pod which would presumably make up the remaining pieces. I'd hope we get something of a similar level of size/detail.

This is going to be huge! That being said, are we sure we will get the pod? I thought it was gone by the end of Endgame.

22 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Wow that torso looks spectacular on the fig. :wub_drool: Best Wanda ever (hopefully till the CMF comes out)

15 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

This is going to be huge! That being said, are we sure we will get the pod? I thought it was gone by the end of Endgame.

Yeah it's gone, lying somewhere underneath the Sanctuary II wreckage. Also kinda hope it's not included as it's not all that exciting anyway.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Makes sense, the longer we go without the set images, the more we see leaks that seem to be implying most will just be getting a new torso - at this stage I'm leaning to us getting one awesome full printed figure per set (Shuri, Iron Man Mark 3, Thanos Big Fig, Korg OR Fat Thor, Captain Marvel, etc...)

Well to be fair Shuri doesn't have any more printing than Black Panther, Thor, Cap or Scarlet Witch.

Yeah pretty much every figure this Marvel wave has been on the same level of previous releases if not less impressive. I get the argument of “they can only budget to give a few series quality detailed printing and other themes need it more” but I don’t want to give the lego group much slack. So far this leak season;

• Rocket Raccon - wrong color

• Shuri - incorrect hairpiece and missing leg print

• Scarlet Witch -  inaccurate face print and expression (smile plus double smile?) 

• Black Panther - missing leg and arm printing and I don’t care how low everyone else’s standards are, taking into consideration the  design that inspired the figure, this new BP is bad.

• Thor - no new hair piece me cry

• Iron Man - needs arm printing but he works alright

• Mantis - needs leg printing

another new leak thats a but of a let down. At least we can swap her hair and face because the torso print is nice.

16 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Yeah it's gone, lying somewhere underneath the Sanctuary II wreckage. Also kinda hope it's not included as it's not all that exciting anyway.

Well, tbf, having a detachable scape pod would be a really fun feature to have

1 hour ago, TobyAis said:

d8ba64539899a56583c1c1545f0da6f5.png

Looking at this made me realize the neck armor should have been a purple and they made it the same shade of blue as the rest of the torso (which also seems to be miscolored but is close enough). Another minor error in the new Shuri figure. Say what you guys want about these figures being “good enough” but I’d like to see some attention to detail moving forward. Lego sets seem to cost more for less these days (a $60 2021 set is like a $50 2013 set) and I’d like to see good quality print in these expensive toys. Especially considering the rumored builds sound weak (no portals, we already got the avengers compound if this does not add to that its basically the same set redid. It will only work if it expands and connects to the older one).