Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Metanoios91 said:

Speaking about tradition in the Lego Marvel theme: When has the build acutally ever been a bigger draw than the possible exclusive figure? I hope that they prove me wrong but hoping for great builds seems even more outlandish considering the past releases of this theme. I can count the good builds on one hand: Both Sanctum sets, 76057: Spider-Man: Web Warriors Ultimate Bridge Battle and the 76109: Quantum Realm Explorers

It’s kind of a POV think, but I think the ones your mentioned, the first and last quinjets, Sanctum Sanctorum, Benatar and Milanos, Helicarrier, new Avengers Tower, maybe the new Helicarrier if you modify it, War Machine buster, battle for Asgard (but those &$&@$ing stud shooters drive me insane on that set lol), and the Black Panther set I think all had builds at least equal to or rivaling the figs. That being said, it’s perhaps best if I lower my expectations.

18 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Hahahahaha. Looking forward seeing Wanda, Mark 85 and Thanos. By looking forward I'm not saying I'm psyched or excited about it. New torso for Wanda will be good enough for me other than that it's better not to expect a new face. 85 is so so. Thanos will be the most awaited.. I dunno, if they did him dirty with the 3rd attempt, I dunno what else to say.

42 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Wouldn't be so weird if people act like it's fine even though they don't like it? 

What's the point of this thread? They did great with other figures, already pointed that ones. 

It's not the end of the world, it's our opinion to a certain figure that we don't like. Does it affect your opinion? You are entitled to have a different point of view, we can all agree to disagree. 

Because we haven't seen the minfigure. What have we seen? Arms, legs' side, cape, a tiny part of the the hairpiece?

You can't just say after seeing something like this "yup, I've seen the whole minfigure, it sucks".

43 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Those questions are actually answered by the pic. Both no with 100 % certainty

First of all that's just 2 out of my 7 questions. Secondly, even if he holds Stormbrealer in his other hand, not only is it too hard to see it, but also we have no idea if that's included officially in the set or if it was just added by KingWong.

And no, we can't answer the hairpiece question with 100% certainty. 

I'm probably going to be skipping the Final Battle set, but not because of Thor: I'll be picking him up in the Benatar which I'm very excited for.

Endgame Cap figure doesn't really seem crazy (I kind of prefer the mech Cap's "scales"), MK 85 won't be that crazy (and if it is then it can be got in the cheaper set) and then Endgame Wanda and Armorless(?) Endgame Thanos aren't my thing.

Edited by doclord

38 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Again just to point out. It’s a side photo. We assume a lot of things because we can’t see the front

Exactly, people act like they've seen the whole minfigure and are already calling it a disappointment. 

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

New torso for Wanda will be good enough for me other than that it's better not to expect a new face.

Technically.. her torso from Civil War is still very accurate since she's still wearing that jacket in IW/Endgame? Just like Falcon, so I'm ok with this one just being the one from Civil War with the same hair but in medium nougat.. sounds perfectly fine to me

@THELEGOBATMAN if you think that the Thor minifigure is already good or somehow it'll look good once you see the full figure, If you're thinking or hoping for something that I cannot see happening, goodluck to you. I respect that. I'm judging it already based on my preference and you can't argue with that. It's my own opinion you have your own too. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I love how it goes a side view where it’s not 100% perfect to the wave is going to suck

Honestly who gains? What do you care if people like the set or figures or not? Are you a spokesperson for LEGO who bashes on people for having an opinion. That's the point of forums, if you get mad at people for critiquing and having an opinion then why are you on a forum

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Technically.. her torso from Civil War is still very accurate since she's still wearing that jacket in IW/Endgame? Just like Falcon, so I'm ok with this one just being the one from Civil War with the same hair but in medium nougat.. sounds perfectly fine to me

Eh, the Civil War Wanda minifig is based on concept art; her actual outfit is more of a corset and less of the silver zippers. I personally don't mind either though, especially when we're getting her final form appearance.

8 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

The CW figure was based on very outdated concept art though.

6 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Honestly who gains? What do you care if people like the set or figures or not? Are you a spokesperson for LEGO who bashes on people for having an opinion. That's the point of forums, if you get mad at people for critiquing and having an opinion then why are you on a forum

:iamded_lol: I’m fine with peoples opinions. I wasn’t mad or anything. I just thought it was funny that people went from so excited about a wave to practically hating it without seeing the sets or seeing a full figure

8 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

The medium nougat hairpiece sounds perfect to me. But I gotta disagree about the CW being accurate. It is not, her torso should have laces like a corset looking, but instead we got CW version with so many zippers and I think it's based on a conceptual art, It's nice but it's inaccurate so I hope they do an updated one for this Final Battle set.

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

:iamded_lol: I’m fine with peoples opinions. I wasn’t mad or anything. I just thought it was funny that people went from so excited about a wave to practically hating it without seeing the sets or seeing a full figure

Well we have seen multiple full figures but whatever. If people were excited for certain figures and don’t like how they turn out that’s enough to be disappointed. Some people like figures more than builds and some people are the opposite. You really can’t determine what should disappoint people or not 

Damn, you're all right.. how tf have I never seen that before.. the minifig has a jacket but in the movie she's wearing an open coat with a corset
Well, at least now I know she'll have a new torso

2 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Well we have seen multiple full figures but whatever. If people were excited for certain figures and don’t like how they turn out that’s enough to be disappointed. Some people like figures more than builds and some people are the opposite. You really can’t determine what should disappoint people or not 

I mostly buy sets (at least Marvel) for the minifigs.. And unlike everyone (I feel) I like the new Cap minifig.. I also like the new Black Panther, Mark 3, Pepper and I still have some hopes for EFB Thor, at least the hair seems fine.. like whatever, now I have to see the torso and face
So I'm not that much disappointed but also feel like my day is ruined and it's midnight..

3 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

This is very true, looking at the other figures I think they did a decent job even a fantastic one for Shuri if you ask my very own opinion, some others doesn't like it. But I'm a fan. 

With this particular hot topic Final Battle Thor figure, probably you guys have a certain detail that you are looking and if that ends up being in the figure you will like it that's fine, I knowing that it's gonna be the Aquaman hairpiece lost my interest, even if he has beard printing or whatever crap it is and that's my opinion, won't affect yours because yours are different too. We cannot determine what should disappoint people or not.

3 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

Damn, you're all right.. how tf have I never seen that before.. the minifig has a jacket but in the movie she's wearing an open coat with a corset
Well, at least now I know she'll have a new torso

I mostly buy sets (at least Marvel) for the minifigs.. And unlike everyone (I feel) I like the new Cap minifig.. I also like the new Black Panther, Mark 3, Pepper and I still have some hopes for EFB Thor, at least the hair seems fine.. like whatever, now I have to see the torso and face
So I'm not that much disappointed but also feel like my day is ruined and it's midnight ..

I love the Mark 3 and the Cap is okay I just wish he had dual molded legs. The others I don’t really care for but I’ll probably get the final battle. I just think people shouldn’t be bashed and made fun of for criticizing the work of a huge corporation who doesn’t care if you like the sets or not

6 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Cap is okay I just wish he had dual molded legs

I have a single pair of dark blue/dark brown dual-moulded legs that I keep switching on all my Cap minifigs.. they could have included one for the minifig but in the end I don't much care.. at the very best I'm gonna buy 4 pair of legs on BL, among other things and that's it.. problem solved

But for like.. the new Black Panther.. what kind of ducking legs could I use on him to make it looks better xD

Edited by TobyAis

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

But for like.. the new Black Panther.. what kind of ducking legs could I use on him to make it looks better xD

I don't think there's any. The blue one was hard enough but it's even worse with the purple glowing. 

4 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

I have a single pair of dark blue/dark brown dual-moulded legs that I keep switching on all my Cap minifigs.. they could have included one for the minifig but in the end I don't much care.. at the very best I'm gonna buy 4 pair of legs on BL, among other things and that's it.. problem solved

At this point you had best just get comics/game black panther, the MCU figs will never be perfect.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

I don't think there's any. The blue one was hard enough but it's even worse with the purple glowing. 

Like, the only one I have is the all-black one from the BP/IW set and to add legs, I just took anything with light grey print that looks like clothes folding or smth but black legs with purple highlight.. feck

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

At this point you had best just get comics/game black panther, the MCU figs will never be perfect.

I already have the regular Black Panther from IW.. it's better than the comics one for an MCU BP and easier to custom..

Look I’ll apologize if it came off like I was saying don’t have a opinion. I’m not saying don’t have a opinion or anything like that. I saw people today go from excited to saying the wave sucks over half a thor leak, not even here but on Instagram, and not even over all the leaks just this one. I know minifigures are the reason some of you buy a set. But let’s give lego a chance and not judge a whole wave by half a leak. Offical pictures will be with us before we know it then we can love the sets or hate the sets then

Edited by Falconfan1414

7 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Just remember the LEGO leak motto: never judge a leak until you’ve seen the HD photo, just like you don’t judge a book by its cover lol

Tbh, don't judge it until you have it in your hands, I can't count all the minifig I've seen on the Lego Shop, telling myself.. god, they suck! And then after buying the set, being like, they're pretty good after all!

I love how quick y'all had a massive mental breakdown because Thor doesnt have a new beard piece