Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Speaking of dreading the worst, I hope Cap Falcon cmf doesn’t come with flimsy plastic wings like hawk man in the darkseid set :sceptic: 

It wouldn’t be bad but I wouldn’t want that for a cmf figure

12 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Speaking of dreading the worst, I hope Cap Falcon cmf doesn’t come with flimsy plastic wings like hawk man in the darkseid set :sceptic: 

Lmao. Nahhhh, not gonna happen. It's probably the worst you could have imagine. But nope. 

12 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

The CMF Flying Warrior had brick wings, so hopefully Cap Falcon will get some sort of brick-built solution. Those Hawkman wings could get mangled in a CMF bag.

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Is it confirmed, though, that we should be getting official info within a week?

Well it's obvious. It's always getting revealed by May, and next week is last April week. So yes, every June sets, not just Marvel, will be revealed next week

It'd be funny if LEGO was trolling us the whole time. What If they made the minifigures for leakers, but there are no Marvel sets this year. 

It'd be sad, but also the greatest troll in the history of ever.

14 minutes ago, Stonks Market said:

It'd be funny if LEGO was trolling us the whole time. What If they made the minifigures for leakers, but there are no Marvel sets this year. 

There's no way something like this could happen

On 4/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, Stonks Market said:

"What if Lego only started doing Marvel sets to make us believe its an actual line and then stop now to prank us 😎"

Edited by PGBQW

1 hour ago, Stonks Market said:

Yeah, what if Lego wasted TONS of money to produce minfigures, set pictures and information just to troll people :wacko:

Great idea bud.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, what if Lego wasted TONS of money to produce minfigures, set pictures and information just to troll people :wacko:

Great idea bud.

The dudes being light-hearted, take a joke man

23 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

Based on the two figures we've seen come from this set thus far (punisher and black cat), dual molded legs would seem to be on the table. No dual molded arms for either of those, so I'd say less likely. Printing is would seem to be a fifty fifty. Neither of those characters had any, but neither really needed any. Considering Spiderman nowadays standardly has printed arms I'd think that wouldn't be too much of a stretch. The characters do seem to be reusing parts more than creating entire new molds, so I wouldn't be shocked if they used the Gamora hair (I think that's the hair they used for blackcat already). However detailed or not she might be, having a representation of the character (whatever iteration that turns out to be) that we don't have to spend SDCC exclusive amounts of money on is a big positive!

but look up Spiderwomans design online. She has very visible and consistently drawn black lines tracing the red and yellow in her costume. Thats not a design choice for some artists either, her costume includes red yellow and black. Dual molded legs alone would be wrong because her boots are angled inwards, not flat. They also have black tracing the design. If done correctly her hip piece would be printed on, she’d have dual molded legs but in the front they’d be angles and have the black lines tracing the suit. She would also have dual molded arms with the yellow and red merging at an angle and with black lines tracing the design. Spiderwoman alone is not good enough for me. If they mess her hair up so be it I have a few pieces in mind that work for her (namely the one her SDCC figure had) but even the SDCC figure couldn’t go around the 1. Angled boots (those were included in the figure, and 2. The arm detailing. Spiderwoman needs both of these things and hopefully this time the detail is better. Sad state of affairs that years after the og figure releases, after better printing techniques have been introduced, we face the possibility she may be made with less detail. Google Spiderwoman, her figure needs arm and leg detailing to be accurate. And plain dual molded legs wont work.

Edited by cosmic

4 minutes ago, cosmic said:

but look up Spiderwomans design online. She has very visible and consistently drawn black lines tracing the red and yellow in her costume. Thats not a design choice for some artists either, her costume includes red yellow and black. Dual molded legs alone would be wrong because her boots are angled inwards, not flat. They also have black tracing the design. If done correctly her hip piece would be printed on, she’d have dual molded legs but in the front they’d be angles and have the black lines tracing the suit. She would also have dual molded arms with the yellow and red merging at an angle and with black lines tracing the design. Spiderwoman alone is not good enough for me. If they mess her hair up so be it I have a few pieces in mind that work for her (namely the one her SDCC figure had) but even the SDCC figure couldn’t go around the 1. Angled boots (those were included in the figure, and 2. The arm detailing. Spiderwoman needs both of these things and hopefully this time the detail is better. Sad state of affairs that years after the og figure releases, after better printing techniques have been introduced, we fave the possibility she may be made with less detail. Google Spiderwoman, her figure needs arm and leg detailing to be accurate. And plain dual molded legs wont work.

While all that is perhaps desired, LEGO can wnd will make the figure however they want. They leave enormous amounts of details off lots of characters. These aren't designed to be perfect replicas of these heroes, but a blocky, cartoon version. I certainly hope they put a lot of detail into her, but just because you feel it must be there doesn't mean it will be. And if it isn't and you don't like it, I'd suggest not buying the set, or buying it and ignoring/modifying her.

Edited by Childe_Roland
Spelling

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Great idea bud.

Honestly I think you might be the foolish one if you actually thought he was serious about that comment. Take a joke dude you are on a forum talking about Legos. 

Calm down a bit bud

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

"What if Lego only started doing Marvel sets to make us believe its an actual line and then stop now to prank us 😎"

yeah what if🤔

1 minute ago, bradreed715 said:

yeah what if🤔

I've got some inside info, the lineup is correct, but the actual minifigs will be venomised versions of the characters

Just now, PGBQW said:

I've got some inside info, the lineup is correct, but the actual minifigs will be venomised versions of the characters

honestly not surprised at all by that

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

You couldnt be seriously expecting to get a totally new Chitauri for each set

We had two variants for Avengers, one was the foot soldier, the other a general. They had different torso, leg and head print.

I don't expect that to happen this time, but either way was noting repeat or potential lack of printing/concerns.

i was thinking about this.. Do you think the 4+ Captain America set could be comics inspired? With the same Cap from the mech set?

8 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

i was thinking about this.. Do you think the 4+ Captain America set could be comics inspired? With the same Cap from the mech set?

How would that make sense though? Promobricks listed it among the TIS sets, it releases in June alongside all the other TIS sets and we've already been told it'll be based on AoU.

52 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Falconfan posted a pic of Betty Brant on his story.

So...

Yep 11 Confirmed out of '14': Spider-man, Peter Parker, J.J.Jameson, Betty Brant, Venom, Black Cat, Punisher, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Mysterio, Green Goblin 
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least three/four other villains as such?), No Big Figs included, 'No more New Villains' 

If we definitely have 14 figures three figures then the remaining three would be returning villains to form the Sinister Six. It would mean our Sinister Six includes Venom as part of the Sinister Six.

Though, '14+' was the remark, so maybe we'll have more than 14 figures.

List updated :)

32 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

If we’re getting Betty Brandt, maybe we’re also get Robbie Robertson and Eddie Brock? 

Ideally both, but I'd hope Robbie gets in.

38 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

How would that make sense though? Promobricks listed it among the TIS sets, it releases in June alongside all the other TIS sets and we've already been told it'll be based on AoU.

What does TIS stand for?

24 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

So...

Yep 11 Confirmed out of '14': Spider-man, Peter Parker, J.J.Jameson, Betty Brant, Venom, Black Cat, Punisher, Daredevil, Spider-Woman, Mysterio, Green Goblin 
Nope: Electro, Lizard
Reports on other figures: Sinister Six included in some form (At least three/four other villains as such?), No Big Figs included, 'No more New Villains' 

If we definitely have 14 figures three figures then the remaining three would be returning villains to form the Sinister Six. It would mean our Sinister Six includes Venom as part of the Sinister Six.

Though, '14+' was the remark, so maybe we'll have more than 14 figures.

List updated :)

Ideally both, but I'd hope Robbie gets in.

When did we get news of no more new villains? That’s a bummer, I was still hoping for a Shocker. Betty Brant has a pretty stale comic design hearing her being rumored has me wondering if she may appear in an MCU set? Maybe this was hinting at her release in general and not a particular reference to the Daily Bugle. Do we have confirmation of the figure lineup for the new Spiderman sets? I feel she’s make more sense there as her MCU role is bigger and more recognizable than any comic design or story she’s ever had.

I know its unlikely but I’d love to see this new Mysterio finally get leg printing and his yellow shoes this time around. Hope Spiderwoman at least has the same amount of print as her original 2013 release (but naturally hoping they include dual molded legs with the leg printing this time). 
 EDIT: would also love to see side leg printing this time around but apparently shouldn’t have standards for these things.

So we have at least 3 missing figures. My money’s on a few reporters and maybe even a security guard. I think we’ve heard the end of our named characters. Maybe Mary Jane is included but I reckon the last few figs are civilians considering we aren’t getting new villains (but I’d love for that to be wrong because Black Cat is an anti hero at best and I’d have loved at least one real villain to be newly introduced here).  Naturally these civilians are probably generic reporters if anything nods to named reporters from the daily bugle’s comic history. My only real complaint is, assuming we truly won’t get new villains, Venom had been swapped for say Hydro Man. A bit of a stretch to see him as a sinister 6 member but at least it’d be an easy to print and exciting to build new villain. It’d be strange seeing any new heroes considering the villain roster of the set but I guess I am still open to receiving Elektra lol.

Edited by cosmic

I really hope we get a eddie brock, mary jane, and gwen stacy. We need them in comic outfits. I want a Police Chief Stacy as well, and a big fig venom, but they won't happen. If I get this, it's for the build, not the figures. Fingers crossed 😞