Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Thanks all, so looks like I have options.

only issue with minifigure madness will be additional customs charges because of good old brexit !

so perhaps my local smiths will be my first attempt

do Lego stores sell a full box too?

If you bring friends, so everyone buys 12, they give you a complete box.

The Lego stores at my place sell the ones you want because you can't feel thanks to Corona. So maybe you can just get your full set without the efford of reselling

Top 3

1. Wanda (Scarlet Witch)

2. Presidential Loki 

3. T'Challa (Star Lord/Panther)

These 3 characters can potentially have new molds exclusively for them, I would love for both Wanda and Loki have a removable headpiece attached to their hair through a pin connector just like how in the LEGO FRIENDS work. 

I'm excited for Starlord not because of the whole figure, but because of the possibility of getting Chadwick Boseman's likeness in minifigure head. I think it's long overdue. A way for them to honor him at the same time, I'd be needing multiple of those. 

I'm super late, but I wish Pepper's torso was less feminine. It was almost perfect for so many characters, like BBC's Sherlock or John Reese from Person of Interest.

Anyway, Throgchamp for Throg, and I Wonder what the minute detail changed on Peggy Carter between the set and CMF will be.

26 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Top 3

1. Wanda (Scarlet Witch)

2. Presidential Loki 

3. T'Challa (Star Lord/Panther)

These 3 characters can potentially have new molds exclusively for them, I would love for both Wanda and Loki have a removable headpiece attached to their hair through a pin connector just like how in the LEGO FRIENDS work. 

Be nice but I'm dreading that Wanda will just use that same frizzy hair piece found in the upcoming Hogsmead set

54 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Be nice but I'm dreading that Wanda will just use that same frizzy hair piece found in the upcoming Hogsmead set

If they used that they would need to print her crown on her head, which would look bloody awful. I highly doubt we won't get a new mold for her hair.

How does everyone think LEGO will cover the Disney+ shows going forward? With the amount Marvel is putting out they could do one of these cmf series every year but I don't see that happening. Maybe we'll start to get sets like the Mandalorian did, coming out after the show airs instead of before like the movies. 

Hoping we don't have to wait too long for She-Hulk and Moon Knight figures next year!

Honestly I can't imagine how Throg can be an accessory. Unless he's like a pet but to me it sounds kinda doubtful. 

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they used that they would need to print her crown on her head, which would look bloody awful. I highly doubt we won't get a new mold for her hair.

This is freaking true. The point of her having in CMF is to have that tiara molded, as well as Loki having that horns not just printed. 

3 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

How does everyone think LEGO will cover the Disney+ shows going forward? With the amount Marvel is putting out they could do one of these cmf series every year but I don't see that happening. Maybe we'll start to get sets like the Mandalorian did, coming out after the show airs instead of before like the movies. 

Hoping we don't have to wait too long for She-Hulk and Moon Knight figures next year!

Sets, because if 1 yearly CMF spot gets reserved for Marvel only every year then it'll tire people out, and unless this one sells insanely well I doubt there's gonna be a 2nd CMF about D+ only - it'll probably be general MCU or comics-based.

I find it weird that we've had D+ for about 1 year already and after the success of Mando and TCW S7, Lego still seems hesitant on making more stuff out of it.

Also it's way too curly and wavy, I don't know about instagram folks, what they're thinking it editing such as thing. Looks nothing like her hair.

3 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Honestly I can't imagine how Throg can be an accessory. Unless he's like a pet but to me it sounds kinda doubtful. 

Simple, he won't have minifig body. Maybe a new mold? But I think he'll just be a pet type that can't hold any accessory.

3 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I find it weird that we've had D+ for about 1 year already and after the success of Mando and TCW S7, Lego still seems hesitant on making more stuff out of it.

The design process of a set usually takes 1,5 to 2 years so if LEGO increases the amount of D+ sets because of the shows successes we likely wouldn't see a difference until 2022/2023.

28 minutes ago, Legofania said:

You know that Throg is the size of a... frog?

He's definitely not minfigure type of big, so the only thing that would work for him is a moulded piece - perfect for CMF.

I am not into the MCU (only saw Captain america and Thor 1) and did not watch any Disney+ shows. I grew up with the wonderfull "Spiderman" Trilogy (weil, the wonderfull first two :'D), some comics and lots of Videogames... so I can't recognise many of these characters. How many children watch these Disney Plus shows? I mean, they surely love a cute adorable version of baby yoda and the mando is just a cool armored figure no matter if they saw the show. The new mando set would also sell well, if it was a well done baby Chewbacca just invented for that set without any media involved. I can't see a child being very happy about some of these figures, if it isn't a character they like.

Thorg is a frog Version of Thor, isn't it? I saw a drawing on instagram. It would heavily surprise me if he is an accessory. It is always one character per bag. There eben were moulds for Sebastian and Fabio(?) and Arielle from Disney 1 came with a random shell. Chip and Chap, Tweety (i know, its a WB IP, but still)... they allways come as a completely out of scale figure. 

27 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

If rumors about the summer wave are to be believed, then they definitely aren’t hesitant anymore.

The difference between those Star Wars shows and the Marvel ones, however, is that there is a lot more set potential from the former. I can think of maybe one set each from Wandavision and FATWS, and it’s honestly pushing it for both of them. Wandavision had few vehicles that could be made into sets and the setting changed in almost every episode, which makes a playset difficult. I can think of a couple vehicles from FATWS that could work, but none of them were prominent and only appeared in the second episode.

Hopefully some of these shows done the line offer more material for sets. I could already see this Hawkeye concept art being made into a set for example (depending how it’s actually incorporated into the show): 

https://images.app.goo.gl/3M8CS4nFD4j52fMy7

And like we’ve been saying for the figures missing from the CMF series, some of the characters in these shows are bound to show up elsewhere (whether it be other shows or in the films). I could see Lego not making anything based on the Ms. Marvel show and just save her for a CM2 set for example.

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He's definitely not minfigure type of big, so the only thing that would work for him is a moulded piece - perfect for CMF.

To be fair, in the lego games he's the size of a minifig, so I understand their confusion

10 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

To be fair, in the lego games he's the size of a minifig, so I understand their confusion

On top of that Rocket is far too big scale wise. 

My guess for Throg is something Baby Groot/Baby Yoda size. Hope either he has his own Mjolnir, or there's a way to make him hold one

1 hour ago, Legofania said:

Easy. Baby Groot but frog.

I don’t mind if Throg will be a minifig. I might even prefer it, because you could play with it better. 

God I really hope Throg comes with a Hammer. he'll definitely be a Baby-Groot sized figure so it would probably need to be moulded in

Keep in mind that we don't know the size of MCU Throg, as such I'd say expect something baby groot sized or smaller in terms of realistic scale. Microfig statues, Printed Frog piece and Printed Tile piece are not out of the question either so bare that in mind :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wasn't sure about that, but I assumed so, yes. Not really a comics fan. 

Falconfan mentioned a "description going around that's not 100% right": I assume this reffering to Bohner not being sure on the outfit for the 'President Loki' spot in the CMF

Edit: He's reffering to a Star Wars set

Edited by Brick Cucumber

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

Falconfan mentioned a "description going around that's not 100% right": I assume this reffering to Bohner not being sure on the outfit for the 'President Loki' spot in the CMF

He was talking about Bad Batch shuttle description that stu_.d posted

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

I think it refers to the recently leaked description of the Bad Batch shuttle :wink: