Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

In a regular set I would have agreed with you, but Lego doesn't spare any expense on molds for Cmf. I mean most of Cmf molds are 1 time use only and we never see them again.

Yeah make sense, I would eat my Black Panther minifigure if Lego decided to give us transforming helmet showing the figure's face with translucent part in the two sides.

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So Monica is technically the only new character, right? Pretty sad :sad:

Peggy too. And probably Lady Loki/OFFICIALLY unannounced antagonist. Annnnddd if you wanna get technical, all the What If characters are new characters

Alsooooo there's a whole argument if Vision is new, but it involves boats, wood and faeces

17 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

THROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG

I TAKE IT ALL BACK, THIS IS THE BEST CMF EVER

I second this opinion

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm ABSOLUTELY AMAZED by the fact that we're getting Sam Wilson Captain America, easily my most wanted figure out of those.

This might've been what @Falconfan1414 was hinting at when he said Comic Con exclusive minifigs always have a possibility of reappearing again. :wink:

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a thing I don't like about it tho - literally ⅓ of those figures are Captain America variants - Sam Wilson, Peggy Carter, Zombie and Spider-Man. 

Well, you're probably right, but we don't know how Spider-Man will look. We just know that it's Steve Rogers, so he might not carry a shield or look like the other Caps

3 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Together with president Loki.

I love that they're making President Loki, easily my favorite MCU Loki costume

4 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Peggy too. And probably Lady Loki/OFFICIALLY unannounced antagonist.

Peggy also appears in a set, and Lady Loki is just Loki from a parallel universe :tongue: My point is that all of the minifigs except for Monica are variants. I know they're technically not exactly the same characters because they're from different parallel universes, but they still don't really qualify as "new characters" either :grin:

4 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Together with president Loki.

Oh that’s awesome!

1 minute ago, hvader said:

I love that they're making President Loki, easily my favorite MCU Loki costume

I know it's probably on the little side but I'd get two extras of him to replace my 2012 and Ragnarok Loki HAHAHAHA

and maybe JUST maybe a great way to have a Loki face too!

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Peggy also appears in a set, and Lady Loki is just Loki from a parallel universe :tongue: My point is that all of the minifigs except for Monica are variants. I know they're technically not exactly the same characters because they're from different parallel universes, but they still don't really qualify as "new characters" either :grin:

IMO, in terms of minifigs, a "variant" is the same character in the same timeline at a different point on that timeline. In this case, Lady Loki and regular Loki are distinct characters, as is Star Lord T'Challa compared to regular T'Challa or Warlord Gamora compared to regular Gamora.

Ok, a caveat. I am not 100% on Loki being the President variant but I am 100% on Throg. I receive descriptions rather than photos, so that's where discrepancies arise.

Maybe if anyone else knows the variant they can clear it up?

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

IMO, in terms of minifigs, a "variant" is the same character in the same timeline at a different point on that timeline. In this case, Lady Loki and regular Loki are distinct characters, as is Star Lord T'Challa compared to regular T'Challa or Warlord Gamora compared to regular Gamora.

Look at this from this angle:

If I show you a picture of T'Challa's Starlord whats more likely to happen? You thinking "Oh, who's this new character?" or "Hey, that's Black Panther dressed as Star Lord?"

Just now, Ralph Bohner said:

Ok, a caveat. I am not 100% on Loki being the President variant but I am 100% on Throg. I receive descriptions rather than photos, so that's where discrepancies arise.

Don't do this to me, man

Just now, Ralph Bohner said:

Though I also haven't seen photo's I did hear the same things about it being "Vote Loki".

1 minute ago, Ralph Bohner said:

Whatttttttt!?!? PRESIDENT LOKI OR WE RIOT! I NEED THAT HEAD PIECE FOR HIM! 

1 minute ago, YetiZombie said:

I still consider them variants because at one point in their respective timelines, they were indistinguishable from each other, until the timelines diverged. If they were the same character before, they technically still are after that, at least the way I see it :laugh: 

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

If I show you a picture of T'Challa's Starlord whats more likely to happen? You thinking "Oh, who's this new character?" or "Hey, that's Black Panther dressed as Star Lord?"

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I still consider them variants because at one point in their respective timelines, they were indistinguishable from each other, until the timelines diverged. If they were the same character before, they technically still are after that, at least the way I see it :laugh: 

This is fair, but I feel like these "variants" are wacky and different enough to still be exciting. And I'm confident the figures themselves will look great with all of that CMF detail!

3 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

This is fair, but I feel like these "variants" are wacky and different enough to still be exciting. And I'm confident the figures themselves will look great with all of that CMF detail!

I don't dispute any of that, they're certainly different enough :wink: It's just that I prefer a healthy mix of new characters and variants, which most licensed CMF series deliver on. This is the first time they've dropped the ball in that regard :shrug_oh_well: I'm still looking forward to the series, but I can't help but feel disappointed by what they omitted, despite the warnings :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Probably a good time to bring this one back.

I guess we will have to see if if she wears her army uniform in one set and her Captain Britain suit in the CMF

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I mean sure but if you look at it that way then Miles Morales is just a variant of Spider-Man.

I get what you're trying to say, but there's a difference between a different character and a character that's not a different interpretation of a certain character.

Are Lady Loki or Captain Carter new characters? Yes. Are they interpretations of existing characters? Yes.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean sure but if you look at it that way then Miles Morales is just a variant of Spider-Man.

I get what you're trying to say, but there's a difference between a different character and a character that's not a different interpretation of a certain character.

Are Lady Loki or Captain Carter new characters? Yes. Are they interpretations of existing characters? Yes.

Well put, this is exactly how I feel about it

9 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I guess we will have to see if if she wears her army uniform in one set and her Captain Britain suit in the CMF

I think its more likely to be the other way arround, like Barbara Gordon in the Lego Batman Movie CMF

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Multiple characters having the same moniker is a whole different situation though :tongue: Miles Morales isn't Peter Parker, but Star-Lord T'Challa is still T'Challa. They're variants of the same character in different timelines