Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Exactly. The MCU page is out there and yet no one decides to use it. Its was especially annoying before we knew what the Disney+ set was going to be and everyone was discussing their ideas for it and dropping spoilers left and right the day the episodes would come out! Can this be the one place on the internet without spoilers?

A thread that hasn't been active in years, geez I wonder why people don't use it :tongue: I also don't see what's wrong with people discussing the Disney+ set after each episode, I don't remember seeing a single comment that didn't use a spoiler tag for spoilers.

I personally think talking about potential leaks of a movie to be a spoiler and this talk about Spider man NWH is  something I don’t want to see. The interview with Molina is fine but plot leaks are not. I understand that the movie discussion thread hast been used but it doesn’t mean we should do that here. At least use a spoiler tag

Edited by Leggomyleggo

11 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I personally think talking about potential leaks of a movie to be a spoiler and this talk about Spider man NWH is  something I don’t want to see. The interview with Molina is fine but plot leaks are not. I understand that the movie discussion thread hast been used but it doesn’t mean we should do that here. At least use a spoiler tag

This I do definitely agree with. Large plot leaks for future content have no place in this thread.

22 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

I mean it's not like we have anything else to talk about, there hasn't been a new Marvel leak in days.

I agree with it if we had something to talk about, but it's better to keep this thread going.

Also, plot leaks shouldn't really be called that. It's really a hit or miss situation, it could end up being true or not.

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

He has proved various times that he has sources.

He's a hit or miss type of person, but he's one of the most reliable scoopers actually.

He works for or knows someone marketing, he knows when trailers will drops and piggybacks off that because 90% of the things he has said is not true. But hey you can believe whatever you want

33 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Sarcasm?

No, no. I genuinely meant it.

Having Loki's Loki and What If's Thor is an amazing idea to have the two brothers in the same CMFs

Regarding the Doc Ock story arc discussion, there is a very simple solution given the Multiverse nature of the story: The Beyonder. He's a character that would tie The Eternals, Doc Strange 2, Spidey Home 3, Guardians 3, and a few others. His inclusion could mean one of my character wants might happen, as he creates Major Victory's final life-sustaining outfit (something like a technological version of the Venom symbiote). He could also make a somewhat interesting fig.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

A thread that hasn't been active in years, geez I wonder why people don't use it :tongue: I also don't see what's wrong with people discussing the Disney+ set after each episode, I don't remember seeing a single comment that didn't use a spoiler tag for spoilers.

I always have to steer clear of the thread if I can't see the episode at time of release. I won't need to wait more than 24 hours to watch the newest episode, but I know opening this thread people will be speculating that a certain scene could be translated into a set.

I came here a few weeks ago before seeing FatWS ep2 and people were openly discussing the truck scene within the hour, no brackets. Not exactly a big spoiler that ruins the show, but I knew a truck scene was coming from the trailers, didn't need to know if it was this episode or next or last. All it could take is a mistake in using spoiler brackets, or someone who doesn't know how to use them to accidentally spoil the experience for everyone else

Just a hypothetical, but the thread was closed during Endgame's release. If you hadn't yet seen it, would you want to check the thread knowing there could be a possibility of spoilers? 

36 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean it's not like we have anything else to talk about, there hasn't been a new Marvel leak in days.

I agree with it if we had something to talk about, but it's better to keep this thread going.

Also, plot leaks shouldn't really be called that. It's really a hit or miss situation, it could end up being true or not.

If we don't have any news on LEGO, why would we need to keep the thread active? Or if there's nothing new, talk about something old, or ideas to improve a previous set, something that keeps the LEGO and Marvel together without going too far into the Marvel.

People shouldn't have to come here to talk about movies, or what could be potential spoilers (because none of us know if those leaks are legit), when this is a LEGO forum. Nothing wrong with speculating on sets when a trailer comes out, everyone watches the trailers, but not everyone looks up leaks, and even if they aren't true, some people just don't wanna know about them

Sorry for adding on to the already derailing discussion, just wanted to give my opinion, from one LEGO & Marvel fan to the others, with hopes we can reach an understanding to respect each others wishes without needing a mod to come in to "put the hammer down"

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

This I do definitely agree with. Large plot leaks for future content have no place in this thread.

Agreed, first time I have skipped whole pages in this thread just in case some missed a spoiler thread. Personally I don't want to know any of the movie leak rumours. I like going into a movie not knowing what to expect.

There is also a Marvel Wishlist thread. The word rumors is in this thread's name, though, and because much of Lego Marvel is the MCU, anything spoilery for the MCU (speculation, leaks, rumors, recent releases) informs speculation about what we could get in Lego. Yes, this thread would be a lot less active if we avoided prognosticating about the properties upon which the Lego sets are based. I agree, though, that spoiler tags should be the norm for these kinds of posts. I should do this myself when discussing the potential for a character who's comic stories I know somewhat showing up in the MCU. Not everyone has read the Guardians of the Galaxy in the Year 3000, who's timeline is now an aborted 616 future, but is quite probably the basis for the Ravagers' backstory in the MCU. I may not be a comics nerd, but I am moderately well read in them, and like to do research. I will try to keep my future prognosticating in spoiler tags, and add a "potential spoiler" warning when I link to Marvel comics story content that I think might be the basis for future MCU storylines.

Please remember that this is a Lego discussion thread not an MCU news thread. 

We've not had to deal with Marvel movie spoilers for a while now (for obvious reasons), so I think we could all use a refresher as these shows and films start to pickup steam: this thread is for Lego Marvel discussion first and foremost. With that comes the acknowledged urge to talk about the source material; however that's not the purpose for this thread. We have many many members and guests dropping into this thread, and myself and the other Licensed moderators ask that you be respectful and mindful of spoilers because of that--when people click on this thread they expect to see Lego discussion, not the plot points to the ending of Endgame.   

If you feel it is necessary/relevant to discuss MCU plot or news (like castings or otherwise) please use spoiler tags. There's an easy to click button right up top when typing up your comment, it takes two seconds. Please use that for any suspicious material. You know that that material is, because you know as MCU fans when something is "HUGE" and a big deal. Use spoiler tags please. 

BUT also please first consider if that non-Lego MCU news even needs to be discussed here in the first place. This is about Lego Marvel. So before you post, please ask yourself if this MCU topic you bring up is truly relevant now to Lego Marvel. 

Thanks! :thumbup:

On 4/15/2021 at 6:45 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t count on more defenders 

Praying its Elektra. She’d make a lot of sense with the current figure selection. Also hope Mary Jane Watson appears as she is a journalist at the bugle. Lego Marvel rarely gets good figure printing I hope this set is an exception. I have my reservations on the black cat and Punisher figures as is. Punisher should have got hip printing, Felicity looks odd without cleavage. Why is Punisher smiling? Should be stern. Unhappy with design choices.

which is a pattern with lego marvel. Iron Man looks great in his new leak but needs arm printing. New Cap needs arm and leg printing. Also should have came with a newly molded half broken shield. Or a new shield piece that maybe a has a destructing function? Its just lazy. Shuri needed leg printing  as well. And her hairpiece is inaccurate. Look at all the new molds in Vidiyo, there’s no reason a unique hair mould for characters like Shuri should be a lot to ask for. Also Mantis got no leg printing. And the new Black Panther similarly needed arm and leg printing.  It just all looks lazy and I’m looking forward to Jangbricks making a Marvel 2021 Minifigure video so I can see all these in one shot and just marvel at the complete lack of attention to detail. So many figures need leg prints and specialized moulds. Well really only Rocket and Shuri needed new moulds. But 2 is so little to demand. They all needed detailed printing none got. Its lame. 

I’d love if when the X/Men enter the MCU, Lego gives us both MCU and 90’s comics inspired X-Men designs. Also hope Marvel CMF series 2 and 3 can have some space for comics designs. 

57 minutes ago, cosmic said:

which is a pattern with lego marvel. Iron Man looks great in his new leak but needs arm printing. New Cap needs arm and leg printing. Also should have came with a newly molded half broken shield. Or a new shield piece that maybe a has a destructing function? Its just lazy. Shuri needed leg printing  as well. And her hairpiece is inaccurate. Look at all the new molds in Vidiyo, there’s no reason a unique hair mould for characters like Shuri should be a lot to ask for. Also Mantis got no leg printing. And the new Black Panther similarly needed arm and leg printing.  It just all looks lazy and I’m looking forward to Jangbricks making a Marvel 2021 Minifigure video so I can see all these in one shot and just marvel at the complete lack of attention to detail. So many figures need leg prints and specialized moulds. Well really only Rocket and Shuri needed new moulds. But 2 is so little to demand. They all needed detailed printing none got. Its lame. 

I think you're just asking for too much, arm printing is really really rare and they're mostly from CMF/UCS minifigs.. mostly, Iron Man and Cap don't need arm printing, you would like them to have it but they don't need it..
Cap does need dual-molded leg tho and most of them do need leg printing..
In the end it's a bit lazy but the next wave seems to be miles better than what they previously did, so I'm glad with what we have and will got, could be improved but it's far from lame.
Marvel is still not as popular as DC/Star Wars, maybe it's because they don't put enough effort into it, but they seem to be putting the same amount of effort into 90% of DC sets so idk.. maybe with the Infinity Saga subtheme people will start buying more Marvel sets and the theme will rise all the way to the top with Star Wars.

What I'm saying is that they could improve but it seems like one of the best and more promising wave for Marvel.

Edited by TobyAis

I have a very long, complicated comics/90s TV show reason for why I think this possible, but I'll refrain. I'll simply hope that a post-movie release NWH set could include Madame Web. She would be an interesting fig to get. Somehow getting her how she looked in the 90s TV show would be the best, but unlikely.

The Beyonder would also be an interesting get, if he gets used in the MCU the way he could be (more long, complicated comics reasons). But unless there's a post-movie Eternals set that failed to leak, it is unlikely he'd have anything set worthy for quite some time, if he's used at all.

About the Daily Bugle: Joseph "Robbie" Robertson, while he might not have much in the way of visual interest, he is an important Spider-Man character we're unlikely to get any other way. Jameson came with the last Bugle, and I could easily see a reuse of the face print and hair. Betty Brant also makes sense, for many comics reasons, but also for some more normal female representation (agree there). If Lego is willing to give us more Daily Bugle employees, I'd hope for Lee Kirby (look him up).

I'm hoping Uatu is in the CMF series, with a proper specially molded head. Not an oversized Lego head, but something more like the alien musicians in the Star Wars Cantina set.

I have little current interest in what might be made from the Loki series, even if it's Thor. The confirmed other variations are probably going to be enough for me. I'm also hoping Lego passes on Billy and Tommy. I'd rather get them later as the heroes they actually become. I also don't think I'll be interested in Bucky, Sam, or even Zemo. I enjoy the show, but I'd only really want a Karli fig, especially if Lego can manage a removable Flash Smashers mask.

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

New Cap needs arm and leg printing. Also should have came with a newly molded half broken shield. Or a new shield piece that maybe a has a destructing function? 

Doesn't need a new mold for the half shield. A print of the broken shield on a transparent shield piece would have worked just fine.

8 hours ago, ood0 said:

Doesn't need a new mold for the half shield. A print of the broken shield on a transparent shield piece would have worked just fine.

From all the knockoffs I've seen that uses a trans-clear Shield, it doesn't really look fine

Maybe it's just because of the knockoffs quality but if find the idea weird

8 hours ago, ood0 said:

While I like the concept, keep in mind that they still havent figured out how to print flesh over any other colour.

So I dont think it would look good.

26 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

While I like the concept, keep in mind that they still havent figured out how to print flesh over any other colour.

So I dont think it would look good.

You don't give them enough credit.. they can print flesh on white.. and maybe tan..
xD

There's a Groot hovering in #legoleaks, uses the same body and the head from the key chain, but mid legs. Officially calling this one a fake

17 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

There's a Groot hovering in #legoleaks, uses the same body and the head from the key chain, but mid legs. Officially calling this one a fake

Mid-legs aren't a bad idea actually, never though of it

Edited by TobyAis

Hello guys,lego do the great job on the marvel infinity saga sets and give us those awesome figs,I know we should cherish those sets and figs,but no one think that captain america body looks weird ? the belt look big and white part looks small:grin: is lego change the designer? why they don't use the same body torso like infinity one and add the scale on it?:roflmao:

4 minutes ago, Lovelegomarvel said:

Hello guys,lego do the great job on the marvel infinity saga sets and give us those awesome figs,I know we should cherish those sets and figs,but no one think that captain america body looks weird ? the belt look big and white part looks small:grin: is lego change the designer? why they don't use the same body torso like infinity one and add the scale on it?:roflmao:

Funny enough, for once I like the added detail on a minifigure instead of thinking it looks overdetailed.

4 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Yeah this is definitely an edit.

1 hour ago, Lovelegomarvel said:

why they don't use the same body torso like infinity one and add the scale on it?:roflmao:

Because the Infinity War Nomad and Endgame scale suits are completely different outfits.

Is that a new face print for mantis on instagram? Mini_legogo posted a close up in hos story saying it was horrible. 

14 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Is that a new face print for mantis on instagram? Mini_legogo posted a close up in hos story saying it was horrible. 

It's 2010!Hermione's faceprint where someone removed the pupils (either with a pen or digitally) :laugh: